VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Volkspringa, PA

732K views 19K replies 175 participants last post by  zrace07 
#1 ·
I see dubs all throughout Lancaster Pa. Theres gotta be somebody on here besides me! Post a pic of your dub and see if somebody else from the county seen you cruisin!

#92 ·
Thanks :) ..i just don't have it on campus with me because i like having the peace of mind that its home under the car cover. So i sacrifice by walking/hitching rides w a few people. :(

99.5BlackA4: Oh ok i see. Is your b5 like a satin/matte? ..it kinda looks that way from the pictures
Literally just passed you on lampeter in the work truck (white box truck).. I see you around quite often. The rados very nice.

#94 · (Edited)
haha thats funny. I saw you too cause i remember seeing this white rapist looking van ha . And it's ironic cause i was literally on my way to Target to pick up some toys for the cruise next sunday :laugh: :thumbup: Sock Monkey is amazing.

Thanks, for the compliment btw i appreciate it. So much time and money into that darn thing.

Most of you guys are repping Lancaster hard...not really :pumpkin:
What does that even mean?

#97 ·
not last night, no. I was a few days ago though. easiest way to spot me coming is the euro turns (amber bumper turns).. that seems to grab enthusiasts first.

Last night I was enjoying my new found light at the shop, stayed till 9 and really started getting some **** around there done. (I use the rear portion of the warehouse we work out of it and out of the 30 light bulbs, a solid 28 were dead.. so I bought a case of lights)

#98 ·
28 of 30 dead? :facepalm: Can't wait to see how your car turns out though. Were due for some serious b5's. :thumbup: :thumbup: A good buddy of mine (ChrisPop) is sloowwwwllllyy piecing together his b5 2.8. He just got done in a black s4 int. from a salvaged s4 he got his hands on, and its always good to see progress.

btw you going to t4t?

#99 ·
there are some sick b5's, you just gotta know em. One of them being the blue one in my pics above.. 50 trimmed, uni tune, dumped, bbs lm reps, random bits, random bits coming very soon.

is your friend the one with the black 2.8 down on may post office road?

no, im' not going to t4t.. i only like about 5 ppl from cepa. I am going to the DCI t4t, its a much better hang out, imo.

#100 · (Edited)
i only like about 5 ppl from cepa. I am going to the DCI t4t, its a much better hang out, imo.
hahah it seems like so many people feel this way. I really don't talk to any of them either. Maybe 2-3 guys. The DCI t4t seems to get some nicer cars too, I just don't feel like dealing w the drive down to Philly :rolleyes:

there are some sick b5's, you just gotta know em. One of them being the blue one in my pics above.. 50 trimmed, uni tune, dumped, bbs lm reps, random bits, random bits coming very soon.

is your friend the one with the black 2.8 down on may post office road?
yeah thats true, I'm just not in w the b5 family so i prolly wouldn't know a lot of them. I wish the one above^^ wasn't on reps but it still looks really really nice. good example of a car which pulls off the clear corners/rs4 mirrors great. paint looks mint too :eek: :thumbup:

As for Chris I have no idea how you know where he lives :laugh: .. i've been good friends with him for years and he has a ton of parts around. He just doesn't have the money to do what he wants to since he's hunting/in the process of getting a job right now, but he has big plans though :thumbup:

#102 ·
i used to be a big sneaker fan and i grew up to hate fake shoes, so i guess that kinda transferred into my car taste.. i dunno. but i really shouldn't be talking cause i have fat fives and could barely tell they were reps with the red centers anyway

you obviously buy a corrado :laugh:

#103 ·
Hey guys. Havent been on here in a while! (friday morning haha)

T4T is a week from today and im not working......so if i leave church SHARP at 11am, i should be able to make it.....

we will see, only time will tell :) I would miss the cruise :( but i could always cruise back home with some guys after the event.

did i mention you have a siicckk corrado? :laugh:

#104 ·
haha thanks again. i came through Millersville over the weekend with her but don't remember seeing you around. As far as toys for tots, you wouldn't miss the cruise to the military base to drop off the toys.... and you'd see some of the gtg at penn national since its typical they leave late.

If it ends up a no go you could always go to the t4t event the next weekend at FDR Park that 99Blacka4 was talking about ^^^ :thumbup:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...urday-Nov.-20-2010-FDR-park-Philidelphia-Pa**

#107 ·
im actually paintballing up at my friends house in E-town next weekend, so i wont be able to make that either.. :(

i was checkin out the pics from the T4T and i found this one man! you've prob saw it already, but if not, here ya go!
Thanks for the pic! I did see that one and another more head on one. Wish you coulda came dude it was a good time. We'll have to meet up sometime or get something going around Millersville. (although we're going into winter :( )

Btw i have some more pics on my face if you wanted to take a look
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1523768283

#116 ·
ha! nice bro. Yea, he's pretty happy with the drop for the moment. Over the winter he's gonna ride like that, and in the spring he wants to spin them down a bit :D (like, ALL the way lol)

he loves his vr :thumbup: he's gettin a neuspeed p-flow intake today in the mail, so he'll be zippin around more than ever :) haha

Can i be first in line in if you decide to sell your fat fives in the spring? hahahaha everytime i load this thread i see that pic up there ^^^^ i say to myself "dang, i want them." lol

:thumbup: :thumbup:

#120 ·
my car is actually for sale. check the link in the thread. im from the lancaster area just moved to readin tho for a job i couldnt pass up. i would like to sell thiis soon. nothings wrong with it just got a deal on another car that ive been lookin at for awhile now and i really want it. let me know if any one is intrested.

:thumbdown: not the best lookin car but, its a great start.

#126 ·
Already posted here, but changed up the stance since then, and got some pics, so here is what its looking like now:

Also, since you are all locals, I dont have a place to do ANYTHING on my car, nor do I have a ton of knowledge about dubs :banghead: So if there is anyone out here who wants to lend a hand, or has a place to work on cars that would be amazing. shoot me a PM if you would like to help :laugh: thanks!

#127 ·
Already posted here, but changed up the stance since then, and got some pics, so here is what its looking like now:

Also, since you are all locals, I dont have a place to do ANYTHING on my car, nor do I have a ton of knowledge about dubs :banghead: So if there is anyone out here who wants to lend a hand, or has a place to work on cars that would be amazing. shoot me a PM if you would like to help :laugh: thanks!
hey man, nice looking ride :thumbup: ive def seen this thing around lancaster city quite a bit!

If you need work done, or need help with stuff, i know that kpdubber84 does have a lot of space and has told me many times that if i ever need space to do a jetta project, i can msg her and go over and work on stuff.

her name is Kimmie, and as far as i know, she has pretty good knowledge of gti's and golfs. (her mk4 gti is sexy).

send her a message, if you want you can say i recommended her :thumbup: names Spencer (mk4rida)

#129 ·
hey man, nice looking ride ive def seen this thing around lancaster city quite a bit!

If you need work done, or need help with stuff, i know that kpdubber84 does have a lot of space and has told me many times that if i ever need space to do a jetta project, i can msg her and go over and work on stuff.

her name is Kimmie, and as far as i know, she has pretty good knowledge of gti's and golfs. (her mk4 gti is sexy).

send her a message, if you want you can say i recommended her names Spencer (mk4rida)
Thanks, I just might. It has some problems, but nothing that isnt drivable. Most should be easy fixes, I just have no clue when it comes to some of this stuff...

yeah i saw your car sitting off king st by the McDonalds like 2 weeks or so ago.. ...and there was this strange looking donut thing on one of the rears it looked like. I was driving by so i didn't have a chance to stop and look
Yeah, I work at Prince St. Cafe, so im around there all the time. Not sure what that donut thing was though... My car has been messed with a number of times when I park it down there (I dont want to blame the ricers, but I want to blame the ricers...) :) Thanks guys

#130 ·
Yeah, I work at Prince St. Cafe, so im around there all the time. Not sure what that donut thing was though... My car has been messed with a number of times when I park it down there (I dont want to blame the ricers, but I want to blame the ricers...) :) Thanks guys
I do believe he was talking about when you were rocking my old steelies eric. :laugh:

#132 ·
not much man! Just enjoying the last few minutes of turkey break. :thumbup:

Im saving up my pennies to buy your fat 5's in the spring!! lol :)

the only news i got from today would be: I was driving into quarryville to where my friends play tackle football, and this red mk4 jetta was eating my rear bumper!! I thought he was gonna hit me. I turned off the road into the parking lot at the field and he rips and roars past me....off course, a 1.8t all riced out. Made me lol a little inside :laugh:

then on the way home the slammed black mk3 vr on ariettas (sp?) (he lives in millersville, near Jack's restaurant) pulled out behind me and he was real chill! just cruisin down long lane.

So i came to the conclusion that mk4 drivers are annoying to cruise with (unless its a jetta chick

#133 · (Edited)
hahaah. dude thats funny. it really depends who it is, but yeah mk4 drivers can sometimes be pricks,(hopefully not you :)) and i've also noticed mk5 drivers tend to be very stuck up.. :confused:

as i was going through willow street today two guys in a black modded mk4 drove past me leisurely and just gave me a wave and looked. i appreciated that they weren't looking to race or anything. he appeared to have some older corvette wheels on it (not sawblades or saladshooters though) and a boser hood w some europlate.

Figures that the guy tailing you was heading into Quarryville (most likely where he lives) :rolleyes: :laugh:

Every time i'm down there its always loud. constant pickups ripping or burning out w/ their confederate flag bs... beat up old muscle cars.. and just loud exhausts constantly buzzing past, etc.

Speaking of Turk break :thumbup:

#134 ·
hahah. this very well might be the same mk4 jetta i saw on 272 in brownstown the other day.
Black fake "carbon fiber" hood, "aftermarket" front bumper. and spoiler. there was four dudes in it and they all stared me down. :rolleyes:
I agree about the chill mk3 drivers though! for the most part. :laugh:

Hmm. as for news? Im just trying to get my car ready for winter. If we get any snow atall, especially close to what we got last year, im screwed, because i didnt raise my stance atall. :p
Shoutout to my buddy ryan giving me his old gti smoked tails and a euro switch for a good price!

Now bring on christmas break!

#135 ·
Nice dinner man :thumbup: I spend my turkey day at work. lol but i still got some pretty good leftovers!!!

But yea, mk3 drivers are pretty chill, 85% of mk4 drivers are pricks, and mk5 driver's have too much money too spend, and have yet to prove to me that they are chill. LOL

Im sure all dubs that have tailgated me in the past month (that i can remember) are on here or cepavw.org...so these is all im gonna say! lol dont wanna piss anybody off :)

if you wanna race/tailgate/pass on a 2 lane road, go to a race track. haha

oh, and i also got a noise violation in lancaster 2 weeks ago :laugh: at 2PM!!!!!

ridiculous.

:wave:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.