VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Q's 2010 Build...same 8v more turbo...

44K views 352 replies 43 participants last post by  vwtech1967 
#1 ·
One ramhorn manifold made by moi...

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

One Holset HX35w to hold me off til i get the precision turbo in want :)

Big bitch...thats a stock 2.0/1.8t TB for size referance...turbo easily weights 20lbs...if not 30 lol

TIGHT FIT...might grab two t3 gaskets and sandwich a extra t3 flange between them....

Of course all this in going on a fully build 8v

JE 83mm 8.5:1 pistons
Scat rods
Ported Head , full valvetrain, cam (might be getting a custom 276 soon)
Snow Performance Stage 3 Water/Methanol Injection....

Cuz 30psi on pump on the street is FUN LOL

See less See more
#160 ·
Man, you live awfully close to me, Quintin. I'm just about 14 miles southwest in Fairfax. This is roughly the set-up I was planning on piecing together. I would love to hear what you used to build up your internals!You seem to have a bulletproof engine going on there. I noticed the year of your car is a 2001(so is mine), does that mean an AEG was used to make these numbers?:eek:

I have far too many questions for you... :popcorn:

Your build has truely inpired me to go ahead with my own project. :beer:

A+++++ work, man!

#161 ·
glad i can help inspire you. It was a LONG road for me and there were time's were i just wanted to say "FK IT" but i didn't i was determined to prove my point. That and i'm just freakin STUBBORN :laugh: But yea this is an AEG/AVG/AZG/BVH block the same as a 1.8t just larger bore and stroke. I have forged rods and pistons and if you're serious about going this far PM me for details/pricing.

#171 ·
i lift the 20v head everytime @ 45psi, and utter waste of the complete motor. how about breaking all 4 Wiseco wristpins at one shot? motor still ran decent, too.

YGPM for info on those south american cars.

#177 ·
It's possible, but I think Aaron (Richard) is talking about Saphino's car ( from Brazil). Is that the one Aaron, or are you talking about a diffferent car? Last I heard/ saw Saphino was running a 40r. He's not running 75 psi with that turbo, but his setup may have changed. Some of the Brazilian guys do mess with nitro.

#184 ·
TRU STORY! although i think my pass side axle is on its way out hahaaa:laugh: 8v Runnin da streetz!
OK Aaron, I thought maybe you had a few things mixed-up. I'm guessing Saphino prolly makes ~6-700 whp. His cars weighs something like 1760# (iirc class minimum is 800 kg) and runs on 28" slicks.
SICK

#180 ·
ya Mark, i was talkin about Saphinos car.... its 8's, and i got lost in all the translations if it wasnt one of the ~75psi cars.... and pg 3 Saphino goes 8.80.

Very cool list of the best VW but 10 of the list is a GM, the 4 th and 8 th are the same car.
The Luciano Nichetti (#8 car)sold his FWD Scored for Jader Krolow (#6 car) I had talked to a VW 8v engine with 1,078 horsepower, this was when it was the Luciano Nichetti (this car uses VW air transmission - Old Beetle - Fusca). he told us about the 1078 2.1L 8v, i think he means it is the #8 car that was this car....

#197 ·
damn that sir i would have to save up for quite a while to while... being a 19 year old college kid makes it tough! im thinking the dual to single mass flywheel conversion kit from ecs and probably there stage 2 clutch to start. hopefully that will hold up long enough for me to atleast get to enjoy the car a bit and save up some more cash

#198 ·
its not just gonna blow up. The only real issues with it are it needs a lsd as soon as possible (factory diff pin breaks destroying the trans and happens even when stock) and it doesnt like to shift at high rpm which synchros can be modified to fix that issue as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.