VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Genesis Coupe Wheels?

4K views 51 replies 21 participants last post by  eclipsestar 
#1 ·
Well basically my dad owns a Genesis Coupe Grand Touring Edition. They came stock with 18" wheels and I had talked him into upgrading to some 19"s. So long story short he did and now we have an extra set of the Genesis Coupe 18"s. I just bought a 2009 VW Rabbit and have already got a jump on the mods! I am bringing this up because I was wondering if anyone has done this before?? It would be awesome to be the first but if someone has done it any tips on what I will need?

My current wheels are 16" 6.5 Bolt pattern is 5x112

The Genesis Coupes Front Wheel Size: 18" x 7.5" Back Wheel size is 18" x 8 Bolt pattern is 5x114.3

Thanks for your guys input!

My Rabbit!

Coupe Wheels

See less See more
#5 ·
Found the hub centric rings...but the current bolts wont work for the wheels? I hear about wobbly bolts, but just the sound of them doesnt sound safe...I hear that the bolts shoul work since it is within the 2-3mm difference. Just want to make sure before I buy the Hubcentric Rings

#7 ·
Pretty bland looking wheel. I wouldn't put too much effort into them. :beer: :beer:

Wobble bolts are no more unsafe than a regular bolt. You are over thinking them
That is why I like them they look OEM...Well just from what I read too about wobbly bolts. But my basic question is will they work? lol Everyone has their own opinions on wheels, They are free lol and look better than stock :thumbup: IMO

#16 ·
I've been using wobble bolts for the longest time... I also autocross hard in them too. So i don't see how they are unsafe. Just torque them properly.

One thing you do want to check with the Genesis wheels is the lug seat type. Usually OEM lug seats are "ball" shappe compared to wobble bolts "conical" shape.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.