VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

my new 64 panama beige

29K views 224 replies 27 participants last post by  JDII 
#1 · (Edited)
Drug home a 64 panama beige bug today. Paid $200 for it no motor with title and a bunch of extra parts I will be selling. First order is to get it more down and clean up the oxidation. The patina on it is so perfect IMO.

See less See more
#132 ·
Got it out of the garage today. Still ot some tinkering to do but I drove it around today.

Installed all new seals on everything also

#136 ·
dude, you and the windows :laugh: i think living in a rainy climate requires attention to those more than someone living in the miserable midwest.

also keep in mind he lowered his first before funking with windows :p

beast is looking right. :thumbup: when you gonna get her on a set of proper rollers? :cool:

#135 ·
Thanks

Yeah all new ruber with new polished trim

No white walls

#142 ·
Thanks it was a blast to finaly get it down the road..

#143 ·
I thought you couldn't trailer a car unless it had 2 axles...anyone know about this? It would make my life easier if I could do it with a single axle trailer haha.

Also the build looks like it has come along nicely. Love the trans raise. I keep thinking I'm going to just to an IRS conversion.

#146 ·
I thought you couldn't trailer a car unless it had 2 axles...anyone know about this? It would make my life easier if I could do it with a single axle trailer haha..
honestly that depends on your state law. we have to 2 axle it here...unless it's a tow dolly.

I do know a lot of states do not require trailer plates. My state does but there's a couple bordering states that do not so it's kinda easy to pull it off like it's the in-laws or something. I'm more worried about DOT verses standard PoPo.
well your neighbor to the east does require trailer plates fyi. :beer:

#144 ·
Not sure. I have several times. The good part is the towing or trailer laws are never really enforced, whatever they are. Most officers are looking for and studied the traffic violation laws. I once towed my 22' camper for 2 years nearly every weekend in the winter and twice a month in the summer all over the place without a listens plate even on it. Was never even registered. Was that smart hell no did anyone ever bother me nope..

#149 ·
Whatever. At least its fresh cut grass. And you know this chit is low. Lmao..

#154 ·
Lmao.

It going back down this week. I have to trim up the bulkhead. That will let me come back down 3/4" and still clear the reflectors .:thumbup:

#155 ·
So glad you did that trans raise. I don't mind neg. camber but it looks so much better without it. My hands have fallen asleep going through this tthread. :thumbup: It's turning out nicely. I'm very jealous.

Is it creepy if I asked where you're from, I swear I've seen your bug driving around..

#156 ·
Thanks man. I don't mind neg camber eitherbut I like mine without.

I live in vancouver washington..

#157 ·
Hooked up a reverse light. Painted the stick shift and ebrake. Cleaned up the master cylinder and installed aa new fuel finlter

#158 ·
Dang tightnuts, how you get to go to the man cave and work on your car so much?:mad: I got so much going on running this company, my son, honey do list, and windows going in my house now. I cant wait to get there and turn a wrench. :(:D

any way as usual good work mang , looks good.:popcorn:

#159 ·
I don't have a company to run. My youngest is 13 and the windows in the house are new.
:laugh:

Thanks, mang.

#160 · (Edited)
Started in on making my front safari window

Quart windows will get the same treatment with long spoons

#167 ·
It has beeen thought about and talked about. But just rains to much up here and it would kill the air flow to the motor when its nice enough to have it open..

#162 ·
No. Lol they will work like regular pop out just with long spoons

#164 ·
Working on the safari window today. Getting closer

#165 ·
Order all the latches and slides and tabs, etc. For the safari window

And started in on some paint items.

#172 ·
Finished up the safari window frame tonight. Waiting on my latches,sliders and weld in tabs from wolfgang. They should be here this week

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.