VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

RS R32 with 3.6 swap, 52K miles, $16,000

23K views 58 replies 26 participants last post by  Scurvy Bandit 
#1 · (Edited)
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

I am going to get some more details and more current pics up soon, but I wanted to go ahead and get the ad posted.

Not a hugely motivated seller, but I got my eye on some other things. And they way I see it, anything I have is always for sale for the right price, so...

I WILL entertain trades with AT LEAST 9000 cash. Lemme see what you got. Cars, trucks, motorcycles...

2004 R32
3.6 swap. 18K miles on swap, 10K on motor when we got it, 8K on motor from me. Updated int. shaft bolt installed at time of swap.

Koni Coilovers >8K miles
Stoptech BBK
18x9 Drag DR31s with 215/40 Falken 512s, maybe 4K miles. Wheels are currently silver, but can be refinished to purchasers liking. Otherwise they will be machined faces with black everything else.
Sparco Chronos Sports Seats(bought 6/27 of this year) No rear seats.
3" Stainless exhaust built by me with test pipe from OEM parts.
Kenwood DNX51XX Nav with bluetooth and iPhone cable
Momo Montecarlo steering wheel
C2 software
New OEM clutch about 6K ago. Updated 3/4 selector was installed at this time also.

It does have some issues, the severity of these will vary depending on the person. The PO swapped front ends twice. Once to a Jetta, then back to a Golf. It is not RS, it is suede silver. There are some small dents on the pass side quarter. I will get detailed pics of this. The bumper is OEM, but it needs some work. Good from a far, but far from good. No fender liners up front. It has a perma-CEL untill the proper software is on it. Basically, I need to get the cam fault detection turned off. 3.6 cam sensors are not compatible with 3.2 ecu. That said, I drive the car daily, and beside looking at the light, it really doesn't affect the drive.

If any of this peaks your interest, feel free top PM me with more specific questions.

Couple of pics to get this going...

With the bronze wheels:

And how it is now with the silver wheels:

seats:

Money shot:

I am a photographer for a truck dealership, and plan on doing a full shoot on this thing. 40 ish detailed pics of the car. Just need to get it cleaned up.

Lastly, and what you are all probably wondering...

As it sits right now, the car is making 226 wheel. It still has the 3.2 manifolds and downpipes though, and this is a HUGE restriction. Ditching the stock 3.2 exhaust for the 3" picked up 26 wheel. I'd say there is another 15-20 in the manifolds and downpipes. I do have the 3.6 manifolds and flanges to make the downpipes. They will be included with the car.

It's not fast, but it is fun for sure. But fast to me is probably way different than fast to most of you... :)

MFA shows 20.9 mpg as of this morning with a 31mph average.

Um... like I said, if you have any more specific question, feel free to ask. I'm sure I am leaving some stuff out. Lots of custom work in the engine to make this work they way it does. Not an easy swap by any stretch.

See less See more
#6 ·
8.9 at 76 in the 1/8 mile a last week. Only a 1.96 60. Prolly go 8.70 with a better launch... in case anyone was wondering how quick it is.

I mean... Never raced, all highway miles! lol...

#8 ·
Convertible Ghia... a nice one. Um... I'll entertain anything so long as I get a decent sized chunk of cash with it. Title in hand on the R... If you got something I'm interested in, anything is possible.

#32 ·
Sorry man, if you were 5 minutes away, I wouldn't trade.

Just not looking to trade for any kind of modified VW, unless it's worth 5 grand and you are coming to the table with 10K cash.

In fact, I won't trade straight up for anything, sorry if that wasn't clear.

#36 ·
Currently in the works with C2 to get the CEL resolved.

It's still gonna be a state by state issue as to whether it will pass inspection.

In Texas, you can have two systems not be in a state of readiness, and still pass as long as the CEL is off. So if you have a flash that keeps the CEL off, and it has the o2 sensors bypassed, and secondary air bypassed, it will still pass inspection as long as all of the other systems are ready.

I don't think the cam fault detection will affect any of the systems in regards to inspection, but that remains to be seen. As of right now, the only lingering faults are related to the cam fault detection.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.