VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Fastest R32's out there

11K views 98 replies 38 participants last post by  GOT R32? 
#1 ·
#10 ·
go on Bluewaters website, he has a video of his car on the drag strip in denver. wooped a corvettes ass. I think it was in the 12's but don't quote me on that. that engine is no longer in that car. it will be converted to a 5cyl to put him in a different class to beat the top speed on the salt flats.

#11 ·
what r32s are the quickest around.
Quickest in what respect? :)

You mention 1/4 mile, is that you only criteria, or just one of many? :confused:

A lot of cars are optimised in a certain direction: 1/4 mile, standing mile (Texas mile cars), Bonneville, track car, road race, autocross, etc, or simply just a fast street car. The fastest car at Tail of the Dragon might not be the fastest on the 1/4 mile :thumbup:

And, a oldy but a goody: to finish first, first you must finish - some of the big power cars (and therefore in theory 'quickest') havent always proven to be that reliable... :p

:beer:

#15 ·
Quickest in what respect? :)

You mention 1/4 mile, is that you only criteria, or just one of many? :confused:

A lot of cars are optimised in a certain direction: 1/4 mile, standing mile (Texas mile cars), Bonneville, track car, road race, autocross, etc, or simply just a fast street car. The fastest car at Tail of the Dragon might not be the fastest on the 1/4 mile :thumbup:

And, a oldy but a goody: to finish first, first you must finish - some of the big power cars (and therefore in theory 'quickest') havent always proven to be that reliable... :p

:beer:
funny that.... this should almost be a "where are they now?" thread.

All I've ever seen of that Unitronic car is an optimistic dyno and flames out its ass. It would be nice to seen some real numbers to go with the hype, i.e. 1/4 mile traps etc.
Gabes monstrosity definitely made the power, but the engine is out now and a shadow of it's former self.
Let's not talk about EIP's Stage IV....

A good point is raised though about criteria... if flat out top speed is the criteria then I doubt there are few as fast as mine, with 210 mph gearing and the power to get almost there... 204 was the quickest to date.
But take my car around Deals Gap and those guys set up for autocross would kick my ass, no doubt.

Wangnutz had the engine out of his car after that season. His car made serious power as attributed to his trap speed however, as there is no way around skewing those numbers.
I don't know the current condition though.

#38 ·
hello, skela :wave:

not sure about top speed but I rode in Skela's VW R32, it's fast enough to change your heart rate and breathing pattern. It's flat out quick. Most of the new guys on the forum probably don't know about SKELA's car. I advise anyone new to the R32 crowd to read the write ups on the car called SKELA.

Mine is slow but I love it. :thumbup:

#43 · (Edited)
Wish this thing got finished but i guess we'll never know now...

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3433483-Go-big-or-Go-home!&highlight=big+home

that thing did get finished .. and he did bring it to the track .. but there was something wrong with the car .. i forget the reasoning .. it was something silly like his brakes gave out so he didnt want to push the car all the way .. . but it ran like a 12.4 or something and def .. lemme see if i can dig into it

edit : found him

his time is on the left

taken from a facebook post "I should've trapped between 112-115... But i braked...lol..."

#46 ·
FV-QR

Definitely nowhere near the fastest. But just for a general idea as to what these cars do:

i run 13.5 @101.8 with P-Box on a hot night on a friends uber long driveway (not track)

Intake, tune, exhaust.

I feel i can do a little better if the temperature is in my favor. I am thinking 13.4's

not bad for an NA hatchback.

#62 ·
I was just interested in what power it was running de-tuned and how good/bad it would be for a fast road car. Big BHP numbers get all the interest but it don`t mean it`s a fast car.

#66 ·
My HPA Twin Turbo which is only putting out 370 AWHP.

It is my best pass to date but it runs low 12's easily all day and high 11's when allowed to cool off properly. Not the fastest but consistent and probably the most runs of any other MKIV Turbo R32. I will see better times soon.

Also, quickest Normally Aspirated would probably be me. I ran 12.70 way back in April 2006 and I don't think anyone else has come close to that yet.????????????

For a good laugh watch this:

#67 ·
My HPA Twin Turbo which is only putting out 370 AWHP.

It is my best pass to date but it runs low 12's easily all day and high 11's when allowed to cool off properly. Not the fastest but consistent and probably the most runs of any other MKIV Turbo R32. I will see better times soon.

how did you make only 370 who? what kit was it:screwy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.