VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

FT-91 8v GTI in Palmdale

2K views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  AnAgentOrange 
#1 · (Edited)
FS/FT-91 8v GTI in Palmdale-$2500

Today and tomorrow only. Buy all of this minus the wheels for 1500. I'll have other wheels on it for you to drive it. I need 1500 down for my next car I found by tomorrow. :thumbup:

In a bid to reclaim my garage, I have to make a change. Up for grabs is my white Mk2 GTI. Car has no a/c or power steering. It's my daily driver. Looking for Mk3 or Corrado. Will also sell all together for 2500 obo.

The Good: 2 month old Rokkor coilovers, K&N panel filter in modded airbox, new wheel bearings all around, new lower control arm bushings, new ball joints, new cat, Mk3 VR6 muffler, Mk3 dual fan conversion, orange Sparco NS-IIs, Neuspeed strut bar, Mk3 control arms, Momo shift knob, Corrado steering wheel, sunroof car.

The Bad: Shift bushing needs to be replaced. It shifts, but is sloppy. Keyed on left rear quarter panel. Spot of runs on top of car. I stopped the rust, but never repaired it. Has exhaust leak. Final things is front fenders are a little chewed, but I have flares that will go with it.

Now for what extra stuff goes with the car: Spare big bumper cover and rebar, Bosal header, starter, alternator, complete engine harness, intake manifold, ISV, throttle body, air box, air intake tube, distributor, ICM, stock fan, valve cover gasket. Also have 1 Recaro Trophy that the bottom mesh broke. If you want it, it goes too.

And the big item is the extra motor. It has 15k on it since being refreshed top to bottom. 1.8 8v. Head has the most work. 3 angle grind job, Schrick valve springs, Mk4 lifters. All it needs is a cam. Was debating whether to make this motor streetable with a 270, or to stuff a 290 in it and track it. If a VR is in the trade, I can secure a 270 TT cam from a friend to make the deal happen.

PM me, or you can text me 661-618-0923.

On to pics, including of the cosmetic issues...

See less See more
#2 ·
Trade pending for a Helios :thumbup:

Will update if it falls through...

#5 ·
Heh, mind if I keep my wheels? Obviously that means you can keep yours... :laugh:

#14 ·
For today and tomorrow only, I'll do everything for 1500 cash. I'm serious, or on drugs. But w/e...

If I can get together 1500 by Satuday, I'll just finance my next project, but I need 1500 down. Only thing I'll keep is the wheels, but I'll put other stock VW wheels on it for you. Even the 270 cam I just picked up and the Recarro and the rear strut bar I just grabbed. Come get it out of my garage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.