VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Back in a proper VW.

22K views 143 replies 34 participants last post by  15inches 
#1 ·
Hello all, I used to go under the handle of TX Rabbid. I had a mk5 sage green Rabbit with some light modding. Then my STBE-wife talked me into trading it and her B5.5 in for a 2010 Fucus. Boo.. Dad got a new B5.5 TDI and handed me his ol' B4 TDI. Now I have a new Toffee brown sedan and lovin it.

My B4 gets 770-800 a tank, and so far this Jetta is telling me 500+ a tank. We shall see!

See less See more
#5 ·
Whelp... was out with mom n dad for dinner, and ran over something that popped my tire. was like 730 pm, so Im gonna goto the dealer to see if they can fix/replace the tire and inspect for any damage. was super dark out and I never saw anything come at the tire. TPS didnt even come on, so I wonder if it was ever set before delivery.... sigh. all this ontop of my laptop having a bad virus that hides my shiz and i have to report back to Ft Polk soon...

#6 ·
Sorry to hear about your issue with the tire, my pressure light just came on today! Probably just need to top off the tires again I hope!

I have a Candy White TDI Premium+Nav and other than some annoying engine/DSG issues I can tell you that you are gonna love this car on road trips! I recently took a 600 mile trip from nevada to arizona and at 80 mph I was reading 46mpg!!! No lack of passing power, I passed a lot of slow folks and I hit 100 without a lot of effort when passing. The car is more of a joy on the highway than in the city in my opinion, but that may be due to the issues I am having. Although my city mileage is about 34mpg. I know people have talked about 700+ miles on a tank.. probably stretching things as the tank only holds about 13.5 gallons. The new Passat has an 18 gallon tank and goes further obviously.

Just want to say cool ride dude and let us know how things progress!

#7 ·
Damn, thats insane. My 96 TDI Passat is pushing 750-800 a tank and the turbo isnt boosting right. Having issues with the BOV and over boosting. But yeah, I have been trying to get the lead out of my foot lately, lol. It really does love the HWY. I try to monitor the dynamic MPG while in the DFW area, but theres a lot of traffic and construction atm, so yeah, lol.

My Jetta just has the BT and CD. I wasnt really interested in the bells and whistles, lol. I have yet to fill it up since taking delivery 3 days ago, and theres almost 480mi on it? I will prolly keep it around 70-75mph on my road trips as thats where i get the best numbers on my Passat. There's deff no lack of power in this car. Like I've said before, its stupid quick for an econobox. Cant wait to see what my 18" RS4 reps will look like on it, drop or no. lol :thumbup:

#16 ·
meh, i told them to leave it. the sales person noticed. if you know anyone who has a "5spd" TDI mk6, lemme know lol. I might make a list....

this car is sooooo much smoother than my Mk5 Rabbit. so effing comfy and crisp. just a tad of turbo lag, but thats prolly just me still getting used to it. about half a tank from Dallas to Ft Polk, LA. still looking at 510 plus miles a tank. just need to keep it out of the 75+ zone, lol....

#17 ·
RS4 Reps

So I tried to put the rims on tonight, and I found out the security bolt key is too damn big to fit in the hole, so I have to get a whole new set of locking bolts that will fit, plus they have to be tapered seat; OE bolts are ball seat, :(

Going to go hunt the autoparts stores 2mrw...
on a side note, I test fit a rim on the front and it doesnt rub, but does fit flush, if not have a lil poke. Reps are 18x8-ET42 ;)

#24 ·
Cause that's tacky as hell. You have an understated Jetta, not a ricebox that needs bright colored calipers for attention. Just do black. It's the subtle details that count. Basing it on matching an "I" part of a single badge on the car is just tacky.

#25 ·
yeah i been kinda torn about an accent color.... i just thought it might look nice, but i am open to opinions. my brother had this bronze/powder blue adidas jersey back in HS, and thats kinda the only thing that might work, but im having a hard time visualizing anything to accent on this car. my rabbit had a blacked out rear badge with bronze background on sage green. i blacked out the stock 15" B5.5 rims and it was actually pretty sweet looking. just needed more drop and a slight bit more poke.

with this car is it very understated and i kinda like that because it has that sleeper look. yeah its only a diesel, but the rims are the only thing that hint "performance". i like how the tail pipes stick out just a lil bit, instead of being flush with the curvature of the bumper. its a more grown up jetta, and i am more grown up. i have been owning VWs since i was 19, so, about 12 years now. They all have their ups and downs, and i have had nothing but ups from this car. cant control tires, but the rest is great. me and my one off shift knob.. lol

#26 ·
All I'm saying is that I'd laugh out loud if I saw a fellow Toffee MKVI with blue calipers, let alone with a 31 y/o soldier driving it. Good luck with whatever you choose. Hopefully it'll be black.

#27 ·
lol, yeah i understand. maybe anthracite or black. I have always gone for a subdued effect on my cars. I want to get a can of palsti-dip black for the badges. still working out all of the details for the car. need to eventually get the rims refinished as they are all rashed from like 4 moves and ppl not properly transporting them while i was deployed, and then there was that time one fell over on the face, :facepalm:
they are a hyperblack, but i wonder what anthracite or black would look like on the car.

#29 ·
alrighty, so I went and got some Silverstars and put them in yesterday; HUGE difference. Reminds me of when I did that to my 01 GTI. everything shows up much sooner and I can see more to the sides. Deff worth the 30 bux.

Also got my Ziza interior LED kit today from ECS Tuning. Now I just need to go get one of those plastic prybar tools from Harbor Freight. Pics to come 2mrw...

Taking the Jetta to get the wiperblade on the passenger side adjusted, tho I think I fixed it myself... The cowl trim that is being struck by the blade assembly, clips to a subframe in the engine bay. I noticed that the plastic was kinda odd looking in comparison to the rest of it as shown in the pics:

so i did this and tested it and no more loud bang on the down sweep.

#30 ·
Recent trip readings

Miles traveled so far:

Miles till empty:

Average MPG:

I was running the A/C, and stopped like 3 times. Though, I took a wrong turn and wound up off roading thru the better part of Eastern Texas for about 10 miles? :facepalm: Never got over 42 mph on the dirt. Eh well.. never venturing off of Hwy 191 again... lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.