VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

thebanker's 2009 Candy White GLI

12K views 116 replies 36 participants last post by  v408w 
#1 · (Edited)
People of the vortex,

Here's my 2009 Candy White GLI, it's all stock except for a K&N in the factory air box.

Soon, hope to flash ECU and get some slight, tasteful low.

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
DSG.

Near future Plans are:

Wheel spacers front and rear.*
Clear corners
K&N air filter
Install the old subwoofy in the trunk
LED replacement of all exterior city / parking lights*

Fantasy plans:

APR ecu upgrade
Coilovers
LED tail lights

Can someone point me to some relevant threads for those ideas, particularly the *asterisked items?
I've been out of the VW scene for a while. I had a MKV 2.5 before, but lost track of the good threads and changed my username to match my username on other forums.

#23 ·
its not from racing, i lost it cause I got a DUI last year. I made a poor choice and I had to deal with the consequnces of those actions. I've done that and am moving on this year making better choices :thumbup:

#24 · (Edited)
Jamo smash, I get what you're saying. It seems like I'm all over the board. However, I just want to tweak the things I think need some tweaking. The car is great, as-is.

I don't plan on racing or taking my car to the track, but I drive on the freeway daily. So I would love a little extra performance. I got plenty of tickets in my teens and early 20's, but since I've mellowed out, I'm not worried about it now. I love music, and I already own a decent 2x10" self amped sub, so dropping that in isn't a big deal. And with regard to looks, I'd rather have a well-rounded stockish look than a car that's all show and no "go." I don't attend many VW meets, if any. Last time was in 2006. So having a super-slick show car isn't my goal. Plus, I don't want any drastic change in looks to my car. Clear corners, springs, and spacers are fairly standard mods.

Beyond all that, I don't think a $2000 set of coilovers is a "cheap" mod.

I'm an avid saltwater reef aquarium hobbyist as well, and if you would like an addictive, expensive hobby it's something that I'd reccommend. As anyone in that hobby knows, a dollar you spend on your car is a dollar you can't spend on your tank. :)

#25 ·
very eloquently put :thumbup:
ps, you don't need to spend $2000 to get a good set of coilovers ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.