VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Rossion Prototype Race Car "Track Day Killer Sneak peek"

51K views 150 replies 49 participants last post by  rq1trackaddict 
#1 · (Edited)
Thought i'd share some prototype pictures of the new soon to be track car toy. It's still in the building phase. A sub 2,000Ib rossion. That's all the info i have at this time. Here's some prototype pictures.

Sorry for the cell phone picture quality

See less See more
#12 ·
Looks awesome! Very interested to see additional pics... that power to weight ratio is just nuts.

For a track car my personal feeling would be for more burly door bars, particularly the driver's side. However I am no expert beyond a race car driver and regardless the car still looks the beans. :thumbup:

#14 ·
It's the v6 powertrain beefed up beyond recognition. The dash is a modified factory q1 dash and the build is located in florida. Their is a two liter powertrain also available too. I don't know too much about that four cylinder set up. When i receive more info i'll post it.

#26 ·
You only live once man! Live it up :thumbup:

Congrats on a fun project. I'm curious though, since it sounds like you wanted a dedicated, no compromise track car, did you ever consider the Palatov DP4? AWD, motorcycle engined, sequential shifter, light enough for one person to lift, low weight translates into low consumables cost.
That's cool, i've never heard of that before. The thing is when rossion told us they were building rossion racecar we were blown away because we already know what the q1 can do on the track.

:thumbup::cool: Sounds like an awesome project RQ1!
:beer:

well tell them to let me go test it out for you. I live and work 1 exit north from them on 95. still havent had the time to go down and check out the place.
:):thumbup:

Yeah that's close to them. I'm sure you've seen them zipping around town. Their always out driving them from what i hear.

#22 ·
Congrats on a fun project. I'm curious though, since it sounds like you wanted a dedicated, no compromise track car, did you ever consider the Palatov DP4? AWD, motorcycle engined, sequential shifter, light enough for one person to lift, low weight translates into low consumables cost.

#27 ·
moved up here all of 4 months ago and have not seen 1 at all. was very suprized that i havent seen one yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.