VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

What did you do to your .:R today?

1M views 13K replies 693 participants last post by  vwboy09 
#1 ·
Just noticed we don't have one of these.

Washed her before the rain came :thumbup:

See less See more
#5,459 ·
Took it back to the dealership...Nothing new here.

I got a code on my MFD that said 'CHECK CDC'. Took it in and found out that I get another new radio. This will be my third. They are gonna see if they can swap it for the RNS-510 and see if that fixes the ongoing problems that I am having with the sat radio too.

While there I found out that they have a TDI Cup Edition in Salsa Red. So, I began negotiations to trade it for the .:R. I hate to do it but I just can't have this many continuing issues with one car. It's always something. So after only 8 months of ownership I may not own an .:R by the time the week end rolls around.:(

I'll keep you guys posted.

#5,463 ·
- Threw some WiTW stickers on. :heart:

- Dropped the hood off at Wagenwerks for refinish/warranty work. Rolled around town for a bit topless. Installing my crap hood shortly.

- Stopped by Gunther VW to check out two brand new Gorfs and see how a friend's car was doing. Coolest VW dealership ever.

- Instagram'd (@ru1ned)

#5,489 ·
Rims and tyres arrived this morning. Continental Sport Contact 2's practically new (came off a Mk6 about 500km's on them) and the rims look in good condition :wave:

Acquired 1610's old RCD500....in transit :wave:

#5,476 ·
Scheduled a DIY 40K service with a friend. Ordered a Gen 2 Haldex Controller to be installed at that time.

#5,480 ·
Rotated my summer tires.

Just touching the wear bars on the former fronts (now rears). Also noted more wear on the LH tires, as they take the most abuse on my CW track days.

I have a fresh set of Direzza Star Specs on my other set of rims, just trying to squeeze the last bit of life out of these...

#5,482 ·
Over the last two days I have installed a set of smoked tail light lenses and removed the factory radio and replaced it with an RNS-510. After install had sirius radio and traffic alerts activated. Tail lights look great and new Nav/Rad works great and tunes sound much better. Then today after washing my R, I clay bricked the entire car then brought the Deep Blue Pearl to an incredible shine with Mother's pure carnuba wax. Now I'm enjoying a cold beer. Cheers

#5,484 ·
Sold my stock trim, and went to brushed aluminum for now. I'm probably going to do something different with the trim soon.

Installed .:R32 door sills.

On that note, I just finished wiring up both my flapper switches. I've got the OEM flapper in the right tip on my Borla exhaust and in the place of the Borla resonator....a striaght pipe with a cutout and another flapper.

The Borla without res sounds amazing. Its pretty loud, but the flapper in the tip knocks the decibels down for when you don't want to be noticed.

The cutout is LOUD.

I'll post more details, pics, and videos soon