VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Burgundy Build

201K views 1K replies 130 participants last post by  corrado-correr 
#1 · (Edited)
Well it's been a long time coming and I finally have enough progress to throw up a thread. Here's the quick low down.
Motor/Turbo
Complete rebuild
lots of oem replacement stuff
obd2 swap
8.5:1 head spacer
APR Hardware
Kinetic Stage 1 kit (upgraged)
SP Short Runner Intake
A/W intercooler
Innovate Wideband

Brakes
Non ABS swap

Body (all done by Dave or bmxrado)
Shaved Bay full tuck
Pulled fenders
Shaved Seams, emblems, wipers, rain tray, washer nozzles, antenna, side markers, exhaust port, smoothed rockers, rear wiper, a/c delete

Suspension
Koni Coils

Wheels
You'll see!

Okay so enough text and on to the ridiculous amounts of pictures that everyone loves!

See less See more
#749 ·
Those caps are definitely dope. I actally just has James make me a few sets of A9 plastic caps. So for all you guys that are missing caps out there, hit me up. I have 3 extra sets available, with abt decals (coming soon). Thanks for the offer though my man. I will keep you in mind if I decide to change up and go with something different. I really like the look of them, but i just received my caps yestarday.

Will, yes. I have 15mm adapters from Adaptech. I have tons of meat on the back of the face. I will snap a pic in a bit and show you guys. I think I can have close to a half an inch milled down without a problem. The wheels were et38 so I do have plenty of meat plus room with the spacers.

#761 ·
Dude, I was in awe. The two Brambles look bad ass side by side in there. You should take a pic. When you comin back? I have some work to do this week on mine. Rear brakes, find that damn oil leak, bolt down the water box and battery box and take the speed ring off the front hub. It's making a ton of noise because it's a little warped.

#763 ·
Wheels are off to chrome!!!! Should be back in 2 weeks or so. Ready for h2o... I kind of ruined my plan of running chrome A9's on one side and polished RS's on the other but.. what are ya gonna do?.. Maybe I'll man up and install the air.. thoughts???... Koni's or Air...

#777 ·
Decided it was finally time to get crackin on wet sanding. I'm pretty glad I waited until the car was done to do it as there were some fine scratches from leaning over the bay (I know fender covers would prevent that) but it looks like it was just painted again. I'm psyched. I have to do the passenger side tomorrow, but it's lookin good if I do say so myself.

Oh ya, do you guys like my new rollers?...

#781 ·
hahaha very true... I did a monster burnout in it today. Hahaha I love it. Break in???? who needs to break it in?.. Once it's "legal" to drive I'll post up a good video of some rubber layin (yes I said it)

Sean- He did buff it but I had some light scratches here and there so I wet sanded it lightly again with 2k. The paint was pretty flat as it was so this really made it pop. I did scratch the bay where I had to put the wipers back in for inspection but that's the only flaw in the paint now. I'm not too worried though, I don't plan on winning anything at h2o.. just enter it for people to check out. I'm sure it will get plenty of nicks in the future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.