VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

ForeverBlue's .:R ToDo List....

23K views 141 replies 22 participants last post by  foreverblue 
#1 · (Edited)
So it's been 2 months I own the R.. driving to work everyday as my safe heaven before the work grind.. :) After 2 months I have been reading this forum, I finally got my list down want to do this car when I get the chance and $$...

[----Interior----]
Beauty Bezels
R - Line Door Sills
DSG Paddle Extensions - Stainless Inlay With Black Script
R32 Dead Pedal Kit
European Chrome Trim Headlight Switch - With Coming Home
Rear Storage Tray
Dash Cubby - Anthracite

[----Exterior----]
V/W OEM "R" Line Accessory Pack
LED Mk5 Eup Golf Taillight Set (Skyline Mod)
Bumper Scuff Plate
Clear Side Markers
VW Center Caps
Blue Tinted & Heated Blind Spot Mirror Set
VW101 18" GunMetal Machined Face ET45 Wheels Set

[----Performance----]
AFE Cold Air Intake System Stage 2
BSH Pendulum Mount
HPA Performance Motor Mounts
UM ECU and DSG Flash
Borla Cat-Back
Schrick 268/264 Cams
Dli-Teknik Transmission Mount
Dli-Teknik Engine Mount

[----Future----]
HPA Gen 2 Switchable Controller

[THE IF AND MAYBE]
Newing Alpil GTI RS kit
Turbo kit

See less See more
#4 ·
What front bumper is that?

Or was it custom made for the intercooler/turbo setup that guy has?

I've never been a fan of those osir skirts for some reason. I think reiger skirts are simiar iirc.

Quite a list. Keep us updated. And post pics! :thumbup:

#5 ·
What front bumper is that?

Or was it custom made for the intercooler/turbo setup that guy has?
That is Newing Alpil. http://www.newing-inc.com/alpil/index.html I believed they are base in Japan and doesn't have retail in US. since my family is Taiwan might ask them to look for me..... BTW that front bumper is for gti I want to wing it to see if will fit the R.... :laugh:

And.. CSRedux.. really.... :mad:

#8 ·
There are so many out there so still looking.. also searching Radio unit too (Don't want RCD-510 or RNV-510, the same $$ I can get better aftermarket)

#12 ·
So on Newing catalog GTI-RS Front yen is list 84,000 yen and the silver carbon grill is 39,900 yen.. give or take is around 1025 and 487 dollars.. If that won't fit the R32 carbon Front Lip Spoiler is 84,000 yen. hmmm maybe I should call my family first... lol :D

#13 ·
The bumper is the Newing Alpil GTI-RS front bumper. It looks great. It fits our cars, you need a couple GTI for the grill/emblem. But other than that it's a direct fit.

1552 is the US distributor for Newing Alpil.

The carbon lip is awesome for our cars as well. I had that before I went wide. I sold it to a friend in Washington. With shipping and such it's around 1000 bucks, but worth every penny in my book.

Newing parts aren't cheap, but the quality is there. They fall on the car as if they were meant to be there.

#15 ·
1552 is the US distributor for Newing Alpil.
Thanks I was looking for Newing Alpil for awhile and couldn't find it. Last night I even called my mom back home to look for them.... lol :beer:

#24 ·
Got my .:R Line Door Sills

.:R Keychain~~

"R" Line Accessory Pack ~~

More is coming this week.. :beer: Now just need to find time to put it in.. (work sux and in the middle of moving...):banghead:

#32 ·
@PSU
waterfest is about 2 months away. Do you know the vendor there mostly carry performance parts, exterior parts, or interior parts?? some parts i want to get them there to save some $$$$

#34 ·
Wait what, PSU ain't even online, you can't answer about your secret door sills....

#36 ·
Ok so can anyone tell me where he got those door sills...

#49 ·
Ohhhh baby... what just came in the office today... :laugh::laugh::laugh:
got it from amazon for $290 and the next day they raise it $355 lucky :beer:

slowly getting my list... still need to find time to install all them... :peace:

#56 ·
I don't. I have it all connected. Although I keep considering the idea of doing the noise pipe delete and placing that cap on that one end of the intake tube.

That pipe is called a noise pipe. As far as I know, it's designed to reduce the amount of noise into the cabin.

#57 ·
why is the .:R line pack from VW considered a mod...:screwy:

#58 ·
Because It didn't come with the car, I have to get it and put it on. that should considered a mod..... just same as change the radio unit to different VW OEM radio~~~~~

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.