VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

What did you do to your MKVI today?

2M views 25K replies 1K participants last post by  tinygiant 
#1 ·
We've been good for a while now so I think it's time we can get this thread back. Just please keep it on topic and hopefully the mods can work with us by letting it stay.

I'll start off drove my MKVI to school.

#2 ·
Swapped the snow tires back to the normal ones. Been lazy the last few weeks and had the day off, so I finally got it done.

#5 ·
Not today, but this past weekend installed v2, oem asphericals, oem chrome hatch trim and yesterday I installed my OEM short shifter. :thumbup:
:thumbup:

How do you like V2 and the SSK?

#6 ·
:popcorn:

nothing exciting here. Drove to school and to the gym. Stood outside while having conversation with cool old professor who was asking about my mods :) He was driving a red Carrera that still looked brand new, turns out it was an '07 he babies :eek:

#8 ·
Both are awesome. V2 is great and the new short shifter is a nice subtle difference but at the same times feels like a huge one. Shifts are a lot tighter and feel better. Shorter as well. :thumbup:
Nice. S3 SSK?

#10 ·
Yeap, install is cake. Remove intake and putting on the actual SS is a 3 minute job. Then put the intake back on and enjoy a beer.
Sounds too easy. Haha.

Also reset my TPMS system today. But that's a given with the tire swap. :thumbup:

#15 ·
FV-QR

sealed the 2 front 19x10s waiting for the new rear lips to come in to get 19x10.5 tomorrow. then Friday wheel faces come back from powder-coater then all go back together. and tires on sat then on the car this weekend hopefully.

#20 ·
I found out there's a 'notch' beyond foot to the floor with the gas. Biggest :facepalm: ever...
What? :sly:
It's a DSG (or automatic on the non-DSG) thing. Pop the pedal all the way down and there's a slight detent. Press through the detent and it kicks the transmission into the lowest possible gear for the speed you're at.