VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Rear bags suggestion for Golf GTI MK6

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Andrew@ORT 
#1 · (Edited)
need Rear bags suggestion for Golf GTI MK6

Hi, everyone
Want to go an AIRLIFT Front Suspension and now Im looking for the rear.

I learned by reading that airlift rear air bag will be a rub and abnormal noise on MK6 golf (contraol arm or anyother place), Can some one explain how it happened?

I want less car cuting so that I can easily back to original when I want to sell the car or change back to KW's suspension...so,
Is D CUP a good choice for me? did it need any cutting the nipple or modify the control arm when using a D cup on my mk6 gti?
What kind of air bag is good ? SS-5 or re-5?
Is there any rub issues or anyothers with D CUP rear bags ?( they looks fat than airlift rear bags, will they touch the contral arm or anyother place?)

#2 ·
wait one more week and order the redesigned airlift rear bags. They will fit great and no cutting is required. I saw them in person and they are very well designed....much better than their original setup. Talk to Andrew at openroadtuning. I think he has pics of them.

#5 ·
It's their double bellow bag similar to their mkiv r32 rear bag. So it uses a nutsert( so no upper bracket. And the lowerpart is bracket(their version of a lower d cup. But they even made a mark in them so if you want to trim them a little it's already marked. It should go plenty low.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.