VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

The East Bay 510 Meet & Greet Thread

5K views 71 replies 19 participants last post by  808Bora 
#1 · (Edited)
The East Bay 510 Meet & Greet Thread!

Notice: I have decided to do this Bi-Weekly so the meets dont become to close together.

I was looking around the forum board and i realized there is no on going meet thread for the San Francisco Bay Area and there was a interest that was shown for this so i decided its time to create one.

Hopefully after time this thread will get stickied.

Here's how this will work i will make the first meet location were we can meet and once there we can vote for the next location for the following meet.

Each location will be where there is food and something to do. We can either eat there or go somewhere else. And after words we can always still go and do something else too.

We will Meet and Greet on either a Friday or Saturday evening in different locations around the bay area hopefully there are people out there who are still interested in this. We will try to make this accessible to everyone so that we all have a chance to go.

until this meet grows to the need of farther out locations we will continue to use the below location.

I will keep this updated for us with all the new information.

I hope this is a success and it grows here with the San Francisco Bay Area Community and i hope to see you all out at the next meet.

NOTICE:

We ask that you honor the normal common sense rules that apply.

no loud music, racing, revving of engines, showing off, break-stands or spinning of tires at the meet location. as long as we use common sense and follow the rules we will have no problems with any law enforcement.

Here's the info for the next meet.

Im putting these meets on hold because very few have attended once or twice and then there was no more if anyone wants to plan a meet post up the information and i will update the main thread here with the information....

See less See more
#3 ·
i think this weekend is gonna be a bust because this thread is so new and its short notice. It takes a little time for things to catch on but hopefully we have a a few people turn out and then as weeks go by it gets bigger.

ATTENDEES LIST FOR 06/23/12:
1. 91gti2.O
2. Noazgti (I'm in if turnouts cool)

#5 · (Edited)
lunisport;7791231ve9 said:
Not to mention that there are meets going on all the time. You just have to look for them. If you say you can't find a meet going on, you're not looking hard enough.

Very true this weekend is the gtg in oakland i anticipate a small to no turn out this saturday to this but i got to start somewhere with this hopefully as we move on it will catch on

i will swing by around 9pm i got to pick up the wifey at 830 from work and she works in san jose...

#9 ·
South Bay Area

Hey We have regular meets (every two weeks) in and around South Bay, a few come down from San Fran as well. Feel free to join our group of now over 200 dub heads. We do most everything on FB now rather than posting updates on here.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/286712918050332/

Our next meet is actually this weekend. A couple of us are going to drive to Fresno for the All Dubs BBQ & GTG on Saturday morning, then come back up for our meet at the In-n-Out San Jose

Saturday June 30
7:00 PM

In-n-Out - San Jose
5611 Santa Teresa Boulevard
San Jose

So far about 25+ have confirmed to show to the evening GTG.

#14 · (Edited)
Thanks i hope it works out

Im going to be there at nine everyone else still going?

Edit wife fell and injured her knee im now at highland hospital hopefully i will still make it there im trying if not make it a good meet guys but like i said late is better then never im trying

#23 ·
Here we go i updated for us.

Here's the info for the next meet.

we will do this location again.

Next Meet

Friday July 20Th @ 9:00pm to when ever

In & Out Burger
15599 Hesperian Blvd
San Leandro, CA 94579

you can use the link below to Google map it.

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q...ed=0CAwQ8gEwAA[/I]

If you are able to attend and are planing on going please copy the list of attendees from the last updated posted list in the thread above yours and paste it into your post and add yourself to the list.

ATTENDEES LIST FOR 07/20/12:
1. 91gti2.O
2 95 golf III/ 96 passat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.