VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Ft. Hood, TX and Killeen, TX?

489K views 10K replies 164 participants last post by  kuma85 
#1 ·
I am an active-duty soldier and I'm stationed on Ft. Hood in Killeen, TX. Just Wondering if there are any groups or hangouts around in the area.

#7,473 ·
Hello 'Gents (since I'm pretty sure I'm the only lady...), the GLI is at a WA dealership and no longer under our ownership. It was giving us small issues that could potentially lead to a huge issue when Brian would be deployed, so we traded it for a 2011 Jetta TDI. It's weird not being in a fun car, but the fuel mileage is awesome. And back in July Brian traded his GTI for an A4 with a new engine and bigger turbo but that will be sold soon due to him leaving. Just wanted to pop in, say hello, and give you an update :)

-Sam

#7,474 ·
Tell Brian he needs to get his **** together and start flying instead of playing Army!

I have this sneaky suspicion I'll be up in WA this time next year. Only because i have bad luck, it rains there, and there probably aren't many tracks. Have y'all heard from Tom?

#7,476 ·
Good to hear from you guys. The TDI is no speed demon, but the other benefits still bring out some love. My wife is rocking a Passat TDI now and she is loving it.

I bounced a few messages back an forth with Tom after he landed up there, but I haven't heard from him in about two months, either.

Washinton is awesome. I loved that place.

#7,479 ·
ok so key fob..... only works when its in the trunk lock ??????? i dont understand whats the deal with it but as long as its in the truck lock the buttons lock and unlock the doors and work the alarm. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

can anyone explain this or help me fix it the right way with out paying automax $100 :screwy:

#7,480 ·
I'm pretty sure the reprogramming instructions are out there on google. I replaced my key system with a remote start that had it's own fob and tied it into the alarm. But I normally do something different.

Chance, I agree that Cheeburger Cheeburger was horrible. I do not want to return, even this Thursday. :thumbdown:

#7,481 ·
Programming a key fob for most german cars

Place key in driver door/pass side if no key hole.
Turn and hold to lock position.
Press lock on key fob multiple times which should lock the car and set the alarm.
Done.

If that doesn't work try the same but hold to unlock side.

#7,482 ·
apparently for a beetle, you put the key in the trunk, press and hold the lock button and wait. but its still a little messed up. the trunk button does not work on the fob. and to lock the drivers door you must press unlock 4 times then lock, or the driver door will not lock. f@*k it, its easy to just lock and unlock it with the key itself.

#7,483 ·
Hey guys I'm not going to make it Thursday. My Uncle passed away and I am driving alone from here to NC. So have fun and let me know how the turn out is. The aircooleds are going to representing as well. Take lots of pics.

#7,484 ·
Sorry to hear that. Try to stay focused and drive safe. I will be there Thursday.

#7,487 ·
Yep, unless there is a track meet. Which we all need to start up again.

#7,489 ·
Where are the nearest tracks? Are there road courses?
there are a few courses near by, i think that the New Braunfels Track, Harris Hill Track is a short course but lots of fun. SoulSpeed is located nearby? i forgot.

The temple track is called Little River Dragway, we head there to do drag rips and just hang out. its more of a family time for the guys in the group.

we roll together, and hang and leave when we want.

8 bucks to get in with a military id and 10 without, its an additional 10 to race.IIRC.

im sure there are others around, but im not really too in the know. i never track my car, so im unsure.

OH

there is a small auto cross event every month at the whiskey creek parking lot. I heard its lots of fun.

:thumbup:

#7,490 ·
Apex driving events does most of the track days around here.
TWS (College station) FAST! bikes do 150 on the back straight.
MSRC (Cresson)-1.3, 1.7, 3.1 configurations Apex runs regularly there. 1.3 is very technical with a 50ft elevation change, 1.7 is fun cars run CW mostly I've only ran CCW. the 3.1 is the two merged and is a lot of track to cover, mentally taxing.
MSRH(Houston)- 2.7 I think its a smooth fun course, not sure who runs there.
ECR (Eagles Canyon) Denton/Decatur, mid speed technical track, lots of elevation change.

Track days are to be had around here all these tracks are w/in 3hrs. The key is searching local forums and sneaking in with other car groups, EVO, BMW, S2000, PCA, ect.

G/l
Shawn

#7,491 ·
^ see, lots of stuff. I just dont frequent tracks.

#7,499 ·

That's why that little guy hides a lot. In actuality I drive it fairly often.

#missmyr32alittlesniffle
Saw it at wekest and got way too excited to see her again. She still looks pretty damn good.

#7,500 ·
#missmyr32alittlesniffle
Saw it at wekest and got way too excited to see her again. She still looks pretty damn good.
With the love you gave her, she will be looking good for years to come. That car was appreciated. :thumbup:

#7,509 ·
you guys are taking this as a personal attack.
Yes, we tend to do that when you speak of family.

#7,513 ·
You seem to think I have this hatred or disposition towards you, your friend, and his car. This is not the case. I simply made a comment voicing my opinion, if I came off like an ass, my apologies, I have always had to be blunt and direct.
I think you guys are over analyzing the statements made in here. The point I tried to make is that it doesn't look amazing and it is not a color for a BMW, but that's what you get with TheMadHacker. I acknowledged part of your statement in agreement, then followed with a reasoning as to why you would see such an abomination from him. It's just what he likes. Standard, Normal or Classy are NOT descriptions for his taste in paint jobs.

That said, Yoda85's fingers get loud in the forum when he feels a need to defend something or someone. It is one of his traits that can be good/bad, depending on the situation. Sometimes you just have to redirect him and push the "GO" button.

Hello!!! You are right it looks like ass!! I like the straight talk, keep it up!

I hope to see some of you guys at vagabahn on November 4th!!!
Of all the times for you to stop in here and make some comments! Stop slumming and get your pretty behind back uptown. This ain't the Jerry Springer Show! ;):peace:

#7,510 ·
i like the blue, it is character and personality and his car is the "only" car around in that color.
i can not say anything bad about his car, other then it needs some mean exhaust to give it a growl :D

people be like "do i hear a muscle .... no it's just bmw" :eek:
id do it, i mean it is a v8 right. flowmaster mufflers

#7,514 ·
This is why I am how I am. Well part of it.

I predict no one here will show at vagabahn.

#7,520 · (Edited)
C

#7,521 ·
Chance, Mikey, Tim and myself are going.

Tim and I are meeting up with Chris Naylor and rolling up on Saturday.
Mikey I'm not sure and chance is gonna be there on Sunday.

Joe, I was speaking presently, Mr. Sgt. Perfect.

JackAss. Lol

#7,523 ·
Joe, I was speaking presently, Mr. Sgt. Perfect.
JackAss. Lol
:laugh: I know, just throwing out some motivation the only way I know. :p Besides Im in no position to talk about cars. The only VW I have to my name now is the Routon. :facepalm: LOL I so can wait to leave this desert! :banghead:

#7,525 ·
How about you return the camera throw the word bags out the window and get coils.

#7,528 ·
I wish you weren't so awesome in real life so I could hate you more on the forums.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.