VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

The Hamilton Report...............Part II

30K views 144 replies 43 participants last post by  qrampage 
#1 ·
BACK.........by popular demand.

Let's see what happens in season number 2 for Lewis Hamilton...
He now knows all the tracks, and he should be really good without traction control. Plus, he might not have the distraction of intra-squad tensions and drama...........yeah right!

Looks like he might be off to a good start, huh?
F1: Hamilton Sets Testing Pace at Jerez Day 2
http://www.speedtv.com/article...41948/

See less See more
#127 ·
FV-QR

I'll be interested in seeing what happens next Monday; the 22nd when Lewis' appeal is heard.
If there isn't a rule on the books that says the penalty is a drive-through -or- 25 seconds, then it's going to be interesting. Given the corner cutting at Monza yesterday, the Fédération had better weigh this verrrrry carefully.

#128 ·
Re: FV-QR (scotaku)

In the spirit of resurrecting threads from the dead......
...and with the end of the season upon us.....
...and the crowning of a 1st-time WDC....
...and for having a space......in advance......to quote from another thread......

I hope to have the last laugh courtesy of my good friend Kid. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Quote, originally posted by Kidstar »

Promise to buy you a RedStripe no matter what!

#130 ·
Re: FV-QR (kfzmeister)

Quote, originally posted by kfzmeister »
For cryin' out loud. Why can't you just leave this friggin' thread die out?
All hell will break loose when hamilton chokes again tomorrow.lol
gwon my yoot!

O.K. You will. I'll let it die now. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#135 ·
Re: FV-QR (dubsix)

Quote, originally posted by dubsix »

thanks! my turn this rounds on me

Yup!!!
And a fitting closer on this season.... there's not redemption like revenge!
All these hooded re re's took a major splash in their own pools of poop!
Till January my dude....when we see BMW's attempt at faking it till they make it... Sorry Kubes, but prepare to have more impassioned talks with Mario....

#136 ·
How different things could have been had Toyota chosen not to leave their cars out on slicks...

It's been interesting watching Hamilton's career thus far and I cannot help but agree with the prospects for greater fun with Massa, Kubica, Vettel and the others. It's been bittersweet wondering how successful the silver arrows would have been without Stepney-gate or the obvious final corner fortune Hamilton found. I'll be tuned in next year for sure.

#137 ·
Re: (scotaku)

Quote, originally posted by Kidstar »

Sorry Kubes, but prepare to have more impassioned talks with Mario....

x2.
Quote, originally posted by scotaku »
How different things could have been had Toyota chosen not to leave their cars out on slicks...

none what so ever. They would have been running behind Hamilton if they had chosen to come in and change their tires to wet. They were about 20 secs slower and it takes much longer than that to come into the pits, do the stop and roll out.

#138 ·
Re: (JettaDude101)

Quote, originally posted by JettaDude101 »

x2.
none what so ever. They would have been running behind Hamilton if they had chosen to come in and change their tires to wet. They were about 20 secs slower and it takes much longer than that to come into the pits, do the stop and roll out.

On top of that, had it not rained at all at the end of the race, Hammy was set to finish fourth so really the "what ifs" really don't come in to play... this time!
Stan...

#139 ·
FV-QR

Not really sure I agree on either of those points. Like Monza, Vettel sprouted water wings on the sage decision to go to wets in time to catch the rest of the field wondering. This time though, all but Toyota caught on to the wisdom... had they done the same, I'm not sure Hamilton would have been near enough to the podium finishers to clinch. I very clearly saw Ham' get his car a bit sideways, on wets no less, out of Juncao (turn 13) with what turned out to be Glock struggling even more up ahead. It wasn't clear to me Glock's car wasn't one of the Force India's being lapped. When it became clear it was a Toyota, it took another half second to click they'd not come in for wets... and were trickling down the leaderboard like the rain itself. So while the what if's do not matter I'm hard pressed to wonder, pardon the repeat phrase, what if?
There is one what if that does still matter though... what if the FIA approves a spec engine?
uke:

#141 ·
Re: FV-QR (scotaku)

Quote, originally posted by scotaku »
Not really sure I agree on either of those points. Like Monza, Vettel sprouted water wings on the sage decision to go to wets in time to catch the rest of the field wondering. This time though, all but Toyota caught on to the wisdom... had they done the same, I'm not sure Hamilton would have been near enough to the podium finishers to clinch. I very clearly saw Ham' get his car a bit sideways, on wets no less, out of Juncao (turn 13) with what turned out to be Glock struggling even more up ahead. It wasn't clear to me Glock's car wasn't one of the Force India's being lapped. When it became clear it was a Toyota, it took another half second to click they'd not come in for wets... and were trickling down the leaderboard like the rain itself. So while the what if's do not matter I'm hard pressed to wonder, pardon the repeat phrase, what if?
There is one what if that does still matter though... what if the FIA approves a spec engine?
uke:

Hammy was definitely having problems. I read an article in which he stated that "he just couldn't catch Vettel". He stated that when he changed to wets, he didn't have enough wing put on the car and that he was sliding quite a bit. I will see if I can dig that up. Regardless, I think that had Timo come in, Lewis would have passed him in the pits. Who knows really.
Stan...

#142 ·
Re: FV-QR (Blaspherion)

We can play "what-ifs" all we want, but all that mattered was that Hammie did what he needed to do with a little bit of luck too. I just couldn't believe that Glock just couldn't hold on for the last few corners. Watching the replays you can see Hammie sliding all over the place trying to catch Vettel. Vettel was just too fast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.