VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Please help professional nice guy Max Weinberger (maxdubs) find his truck. 1997 Dodge Cummins.

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  boostingti4ever 
#1 ·

Stolen in San Francisco on approx. 4/19/2013 between sunset and sunrise. The truck was parked at McAllister and Filmore. SFPD has been notified but no leads so far.

This is no normal guy or truck, this situation is devastating because Max literally spends his life driving around and helping people, often using his truck in the process. His truck is a very big part of his life, such a big part that this is the equivalent of someone stealing your job and home in one shot.

The 1997 Green and Grey long bed, extended cab 4WD Dodge truck was stolen in San Francisco overnight and should have been very noticable wherever it was going. The truck is huge, loud, pukes out smoke that smells tasty and generally cannot be turned off or on easily so may be sitting somewhere idling. There is minor body damage all over the truck, bigger dents on the bed making it stand out while also blend in because its nothing to look at for most people.

Other than aftermarket tires and wheels (black alloys with heavily worn BFG KM/2s) you will not notice much more other than the stickers on the rear glass and dashboard you might see a Cummins 300,000 Mile Club badge on the front grill. You can also see two after market fuel pumps hanging below the cab/bed from each side of the truck for the vegetable oil fuel system and a HUGE exhaust pipe.

The truck is very, very fast. Its a heavily modified 5.9L Turbo Diesel and I think this truck was stolen to facilitate another crime. Like pulling something or ramming something. Or just the joy ride of their life. Either way to the enthusiasts out there keep your eyes peeled for this truck, it cannot fly under our radar.

So please, if you see this truck, hear this truck, know who has this truck help us get to it. There is a reward! Spread this around for good karma since you will be helping a really good person.

SFPD
1125 Fillmore St
San Francisco, CA 94115
(415) 614-3400

or

me via email.

http://instagram.com/maxdubs

See less See more
#2 ·
FV-QR

meh, if we created a new thread every time someone's "valuable car/truck" was stolen TCL would be over run. hate to be the party pooper, but that's what insurance is for.

#5 ·
its not even that, look i feel bad, i truly do, the thread created a few weeks ago with the guy who had the beat up ugly yellow bug? sure that was noticeable . what the hell is noticeable about a 1997 long bed Dodge Cummins?

every single contractor, mexican landscaper, plumber etc, has one, no way in hell that is going to "stand out" it might as well be a 1999 Ford Explorer with a rainbow unicorn on the hood.

#6 · (Edited)
Some people pay close attention to details of vehicles, not every dodge has dual FASS pumps hanging out, not a lot of trucks like that even around SF or the bay area. Tts more of a farm country truck. Thats all.

Chances are, its idling somewhere, which we get a bit of a chuckle out of, only a diesel savvy person will easily figure out what you have to do to turn it off.

I live in a town of truck and this truck does indeed stand out. If you see it let me know!

#9 ·
You can kind of see them in the picture, the two white canisters below the bed are the filters for one of the high flow pumps that can carry diesel or vegetable oil. This truck can run off straight kitchen waste oil. And make over 1000 ft lbs of torque. Its a really cool setup.

#13 ·
probably parted out by now. start searching craigslist for the motor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.