VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Brentwood GTG thread

20K views 248 replies 16 participants last post by  tohres 
#1 · (Edited)
EDIT:

The day of the GTG changed to Sundays at 1pm to 4pm. Those that regularly participate in the GTG generally talk through a FB group https://www.facebook.com/groups/175237635903774/.

That is why it looks like this is dead/never made it off the ground, however it still happens. So come on out.

#7 ·
im working BUT i will be there at 8 at the latest. and my mk4 will be dirty as all hell.

#13 ·
next one Oct 28th?:thumbup:

#14 ·
Im down...

Sounds good to me. I have to work til 5pm but can make it after that. Met a couple of guys today who had no clue about the site so i hooked them up with the addy. One guy has a stock wolfy wityh loads of potential the other has a mark iv golf. Let me know for sure if this is gonna happen...lookin forward to it.

#19 ·
**** it halloween weekend is a great weekend for it we can all show up in costume and have some shenanigans.

And who goes out of town for the weekend?

#22 ·
I do...

I go out of town for the weekend. I may be quite a bit older than most if not all of you, but I still enjoy cars and especially my VW's. Going out of town for a car show or GTG is awesome.

I think getting together for some good clean fun is cool, but I for one am not down for doin' stupid Sh** that will embarass me or my family. I figured that getting together with others with a similar interest in VW's and the modding scene would be something that would be great to do. We can go to other events and rep our area, BBQ, and do other constructive things for our area...If this is not something others are lookin at and just wanna get plastered all the time and get stupid...I can't get with that.

#25 ·
I go out of town for the weekend. I may be quite a bit older than most if not all of you, but I still enjoy cars and especially my VW's. Going out of town for a car show or GTG is awesome.

I think getting together for some good clean fun is cool, but I for one am not down for doin' stupid Sh** that will embarass me or my family. I figured that getting together with others with a similar interest in VW's and the modding scene would be something that would be great to do. We can go to other events and rep our area, BBQ, and do other constructive things for our area...If this is not something others are lookin at and just wanna get plastered all the time and get stupid...I can't get with that.
This is the idea. I was part of the formation of Marin Euro so I have some experience with getting clubs together.
If anyone is planning on coming to these meets to race or do other stupid shenanigans, do us all a favor and stay home. The idea behind a meet is just to have a good time and talk with other enthusiasts, meet some new people. I would love to get to the point where we can start having cruises and BBQs.

I think a bi-weekly meet is the best format for a local gtg just because it gives more people an opportunity to make it out and not have to worry about making it to every single one. I think we need a better meet spot though. The in-n-out lot is usually packed on Friday nights and it looks like a local Mustang club already gathers there. I think we can try out the parking lot by the Rave Movie theater, somewhere towards the back of the lot, by the bypass. Then if anyone wants to grab some food or beer after there's BJs. I'm down to meet up this Friday 10/7 @ 7:30. If anyone else can make it post here so we can get an idea of who's showing up.

Summary: GTG Friday 10/7 7:30PM Back of Rave parking lot (somewhere between Red Robin and Rave) Unless you guys think there's a better spot.
This is where I'm thinking.

#23 ·
Sounds good.

There is a post on the other (anyone in BWOOD post) I'm down with gettin together on the 7th. I think we should try and meet often in the beginning to get established and then cut it back to every other week. If we get established as a club, at some point, then we have one mandatory meeting along with other GTG's that are voluntary.

I see clubs that meet and do their thing and have fun..ie Sofa King Euro on the Monterey area...and SAC Water, they do it right.

I lived in both those areas, originally from SAC, but now I am here and this is my area to rep, so lets do it up right.

#24 ·
There is a post on the other (anyone in BWOOD post) I'm down with gettin together on the 7th. I think we should try and meet often in the beginning to get established and then cut it back to every other week. If we get established as a club, at some point, then we have one mandatory meeting along with other GTG's that are voluntary.

I see clubs that meet and do their thing and have fun..ie Sofa King Euro on the Monterey area...and SAC Water, they do it right.

I lived in both those areas, originally from SAC, but now I am here and this is my area to rep, so lets do it up right.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::wave:

#27 · (Edited)
1. clubs suck and are waste of time if you ask me. cant we just have a gtg?

2. streets of bwood on a friday is packed even that back part of the parking lot, tho i did notice that red robin is pretty empty now that BJs is open and lets also not forget that although its not tecnicaly bwood there is plenty of space at slattan.

3. i will submit to mejority rule and be were ever everyone wants to have this at and agreee Bi-weekly is what we need to do cause I've been jonsing for a gtg.

#30 ·
As long as I could get out of work on time, I'd want to show up at a GTG this Friday. As others have mentioned, I would expect for everyone to conduct themselves respectfully, and I think it would be cool if we could get a solid enough foundation for a club. But of course, we all have to get together and see what's up before we can move on to bigger things.

As far as the actual location of the meet, I like what Eric (IJSTROK) proposed, and I think that with more traffic in that lot it would probably be a better atmostphere. Last weekend I noticed that there are more spots open by Red Robin with BJ's now being open, but if for some reason there isn't enough room we can always cruise somewhere else like the petsmart/office max parking at slatten ranch, which is always pretty empty at night.

Also, if it turns out that Fridays aren't good for a lot of people, I really don't care what day of the week any potential GTG's happen since I go to school during the week and work during the weekend so as far as scheduling goes it's essentially all the same for me.:thumbup:

#37 · (Edited)
ok so i think we can all be in agreement 730 friday oct 7th in the streets of bwood at the back side of the parking lot near red robin

I will be there even tho i have to be up at 5:20 on sat for work and i may not even have my car i may have my work truck.

#39 ·
conga rats:thumbup:

roll call:
im going

#40 ·
Hey guys. I'm there now. There are no spots on that side. I'm parked on the other side of Rave. If you drive behind rave to the back parking lot you shOuld see me. Gray 07 rabbit black wheels with my parking lights on. This place is a zoo. We need a new spot. Lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.