VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Vw Golf Mk2 Rallye Vr6 24V Turbo 4motion

164K views 249 replies 80 participants last post by  Andy-K 
#1 ·
Think it was time to make a thread about my rallye!
The first thing im gonna start with here is to excuse my bad english! :D But gonna do my best ;)
Bought a used Rallye with no engine, suspension, or seats.

The car when it arrived to me

Got this 02M DRP gearbox.

The clutch for the 02M, Clutchmaster FX850

Bought these MK4 R32 seats.

And modded them to fit the Rallye

Bought a fully built 24V VR6 turbo BDF from VR6-GT42RS, so last weekend I went to Germany to pickup a rebuild rear axle for haldex, and 4motion controller, and then to Denmark to pick up the engine.

JE pistons 8.5:1
Pauter rods
Custom exhaustmanifold
Custom inlet, with 75mm Wilson throttle body
Portet head
1mm High Alloy 1mm oversized Ferrea valves , valve spring kit with titanium retainers
Custom billet cat cams.
Arp Main studs, Arp Head studs
Precision Billet 6766 AR 1.15 Ballbearing
Precision 46mm Wastegate
Precision water to air intercooler PT1000
Tial 50mm bov

Some pictures from VR6-GT42RS when he was building it

Here is the 4motion controller i picked up

I drove down to Germany/Denmark, and back home, 2350kilometers totaly on the trip. Was tired when I got home, 4 contries, 4 seasons, on 50 hours ;)

On the ferry to Denmark (summer/spring)

The bridge between Denmark/Sweden (fall)

Over Haukeli mountain in Norway (winter)

Some bad iphone pictures, the shipment from the trip :p

GT35` that I got compared to the PTE6766

First thing I did after the trip was to test fit the engine in the rallye

Got some BBS RS replica wheels that I think can be nice for the car

See less See more
#110 ·
Now the VVT inlet solenoid is working, but not the exhaust solenoid. If I set the exhaust target to -10, the position is still just 0.
Runned a test on the exhaust solenoid, was making same sound like the inlet solenoid.
Strange, but is there somebody that have got vipec and working VVT?

#112 ·
Not sure, but dont think thats the problem.
Started thinking about maybe its the solenoid, because the exhaust solenoid make much more noise than the inlet solenoid, take them out and clean them an test them.
Yeah, just send it on pm or mail :)

#122 ·
I ran the DIS 034 coils on my r32 with 034EFI, no problem at 1.5bars, but now when I change to Haltech ps2k, I have trouble with both spark and triggers.
What settings did you end up using on the cam in vipec?
I have been running without the VVT, but if you get any indication that they are usefull, maybe I should wire them in.

Stå på :)

#128 ·
Problem solved! New coil, rev limiter no problem to hit at 7000rpm.
But on the dyno the gearbox started making strange sounds, and acting strange. Jumped in 1 gear some times, and in N the wheels was going slow forward.
So today I tok the engine with gearbox out, so just to drain the oil tomorrow so I can open it to se whats the problem with it.

#132 ·
There is not a speedo gear in 02M, is just a hall sensor or something like that.
But cant figure out where it comes from, have looked in the transfer case to, was so much shavings inside the oil ducts for the transfer case.
But many bearings inside the transfer case, and gearbox is FU¤#&D, so new is on its way. So this gearbox is just laying around so I can take spare parts from.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.