VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Look what Internet Meme sent me in the mail today!

217K views 874 replies 263 participants last post by  dntdrvslow 
#1 ·
A whole stack of F40 LM parts? Internet Meme, no way! You are WAY too nice to me!

LM rear wheels with new Pirelli P Zero Rossa? What?

The fronts too?

And huge LM Brembo brakes for all four corners? Internet Meme, you shouldn't have!

And to finish it off a full inconel LM exhaust? Wow, Internet Meme, you're the best!!!

And to think, all this time I didn't know what everyone was talking about with all this Internet Meme talk I keep spammed with. I guess you really are real. Wow.

See less See more
#17 ·
The brakes are huge. It doesn't come across in pics. The reason for the wheels, which are made by O.Z. but have Enkei stickers on them :confused:, is to clear the brakes. They came with new red Pagid pads which will probably go because they are probably ridiculously loud. Just the stock brake pads are really noisy around town but obviously they quiet down on the back roads and canyons.

#7 ·
Damn, I forgot the whole "Curse the gods" thing. I'll put it in next time.

They're not parts from a newer car but actual LM parts. The F40 LM was commissioned by Ferrari for their privateer race teams to campaign the F40. Subsequently, the upgrades were all available in packages via Ferrari or Michelotto, their tuner and race prep company, to upgrade other F40's. Obviously, you wouldn't want to add all the stuff unless it was going to be a track only car but some things are really nice upgrades. They're hard to find so it was nice to track these down.

#12 ·
These are all really nice things.

#26 ·
Seems we attract the F40 fans...

We're gonna need you to re-take those pics with a bagel amongst the parts and resting on the drivers seat of the ferrari...Also a note that says "**** you car lounge" will work too

#33 ·
Those wheels are a nice get. Now can you get the sweet enclosed headlights from the LM setup too? BTW the pic of an F40 in a cluttered garage with a washing machine and refrigerator in the background is farking classic.:laugh::thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.