VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Ask a VW Parts Guy....Passat Edition

135K views 908 replies 270 participants last post by  krowlands4 
#1 ·
The title says it all, this has been very popular in the MKV forum, so let me know how I can help.

#835 · (Edited)
Hey parts guy -
I have a 2010 Passat Komfort

About a year ago, the fuel door flap started working intermittently.

VW replaced the motor actuator under warranty.

It didn't change a thing - the door still only worked about half of the time.

Now it doesn't work at all - every time I hit the switch, I get a "Short to ground" on that circuit.

I've checked the switch and the actuator, and have found nothing - VW says that if they research anymore, they will have to charge me because I've made modifications to my lights. Of course, it shouldn't matter as I was having the problems before such modifications were made.

Anyway, I need to know where the cable runs from the ECU to the fuel door? Is it down the passenger side sill, the roof, the center tunnel?

Any help or diagrams would be nice. I want to fix it.
Popping the trunk to access the manual release is no big deal, but I'm guessing it may kill my resale value, and my wife has yet to find the release even after I have showed her two times how to do it.

Oh - I also need to know what fuse the fuel door runs from

#842 ·
I have a question -
I have a 2010 Passat with the 6sp DSG transmission

I was reading about the DSG transmissions, and it looks like they came in two flavors - the 09G and 09M

From what I can find, the 09G is what my Passat has, curiously, the specs say that the 09G is rated to only 184 lbs-Ft. of torque whereas my car comes stock with 207

Is this wrong, right or am I way off. I checked my code sheet and don't see anything stating a 09G or 09M. I'm guessing it's the D6F code. If so, what are the specs of that transmission.

Thanks

#843 ·
I have a question -
I have a 2010 Passat with the 6sp DSG transmission

I was reading about the DSG transmissions, and it looks like they came in two flavors - the 09G and 09M

From what I can find, the 09G is what my Passat has, curiously, the specs say that the 09G is rated to only 184 lbs-Ft. of torque whereas my car comes stock with 207

Is this wrong, right or am I way off. I checked my code sheet and don't see anything stating a 09G or 09M. I'm guessing it's the D6F code. If so, what are the specs of that transmission.

Thanks
You actually have an 02E transmission....I dont have anything in my parts catalog to say the specs. Ill look around and see what I can find :beer:

#846 ·
I know this would be a pain, but is there any way to decode that options code sheet?

Damn, which one even says what color paint I have?

Also - trying to figure which fuse is my fuel flap and what else is on that circuit.

I keep getting a "Short to ground" code when I push my fuel flap button.
I bought a new actuator, but it didn't help.

It must be something else on that circuit as if it was a true "short" - it would be blowing the fuse. Instead it just doesn't work and throws a code. I've made a couple mods and have tried disconnecting them all, but nothing seems make a difference. The switch is fine and I've even traced the wires thru the transmission tunnel and haven't found a thing.

Thanks again - you are a wealth of knowledge and a great contributor to the Tex

#847 ·
Greetings Parts guys!

I have a request, I may need to buy a few body panels...

2008 Passat 2.0T TSI

Right & Left Sides for these:

Turn Signal 'housing' the body/fiberglass/whatever that the turn signal sits inside of...

The body piece that sits next to the turn signal, a strange bump out that on my model does not look like it is a formed part of the bumper (heard that later models have this fused with the bumper)...

Appreciate the help!

#855 ·
Greetings Parts guys!

I have a request, I may need to buy a few body panels...

2008 Passat 2.0T TSI

Right & Left Sides for these:

Turn Signal 'housing' the body/fiberglass/whatever that the turn signal sits inside of...

The body piece that sits next to the turn signal, a strange bump out that on my model does not look like it is a formed part of the bumper (heard that later models have this fused with the bumper)...

Appreciate the help!
Found a bit more info if this helps:

http://www.jimellisvwparts.com/show...0&ukey_modelRange=0&searchString=front bumper

On the diagram listed above, I'm looking for part #37 and #40 but can't find much info about them... any ideas?

Thanks!

#856 ·
Can someone give me a link to somewhere I can get the updated fuel cap from? Or even a part number would be great. I tried searching and even ECS didn't have what I was told to be the revised cap...the one ending in "G." Thanks

#857 ·
I have an 07 4mo

I am installing Neuspeed sport springs soon. Maybe tomorrow.
I have the replacement bolts install kit.

Anything else critical to replace when doing this install?
I have read about a bushing or barring that might need to be replaced.

Can you give me part numbers and names please?
And classify it's importance of being replaced? (scale 1-10)

Thank you.

#868 · (Edited)
kind of a mkv/b6 mash-up question...
i'm planning on driving my parking brake via linear actuator and want to hack the passat center console into my rabbit. it appears that the climate controls roughly line up and i can feel the passat mount holes beneath the carpet along the side of the center hump. are there different passat-specific braces beneath the ashtray area to help support the console? part #'s or pics would be very helpful.

EDIT: looks like the part #s i need are the left/right/center retaining brackets from the passat front console.

#871 ·
#873 ·
I Need Some Parts

I'm going to change the Haldex and differentials fluids in my 2008 Passat, 3.6L, 4motion. I need drain and fill plugs for both front and rear diffs and the Haldex. I also need the Haldex oil filter. I'm assuming that the plugs come with gaskets/seals. I do not have part numbers. I'd like to get these ordered as soon as possible. Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

#874 ·
Hello to all part guys !!! I just need a little help trying to find out which is the right part number of a multifunction airbag harness with double stage bag, mycar is a b6 2.0t 2006. The #'s are:
1k0 971 584 or 1C0 971 584, the one 1c0971585B is for single stage airbag. I haven't buy yet the control module which is the 3C0-953-549-AH* so can anyone give a quote of harness and module + shipping to 11746.

#875 ·
Hey, do u know if i am able to swap out my frame with another b6 passat frame? also do you know if the engine bay frame is removable by itself? i was informed that it is a bolt on frame, does that mean if my engine bay frame is bent, i can replace just that part of the frame?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.