VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

No "stance" here - Aircooled 911 Racecar Pictures Within <3

12K views 62 replies 43 participants last post by  pentaxshooter 
#1 ·
I will have a full write-up on the v2lab blog soon, but while I am waiting for the information from Shawn, I figured I'd share these photos with you all. I didn't even know Shawn was going to be bringing this car to Ocean City for this years H20i, so when I saw it doing a U-turn on Coastal, it most certainly caught me off guard. We met up shortly after and grabbed some quick photos before heading to some other meets. Not the most ideal location, but I think I made it work.

This car is 4 years in the making, built from the ground up. 3.6L from a 993 and a ton of other work has gone into this car. And it shows. :heart::wave:

Washburn Motorsports 911 Racecar - Aircooled <3 - H2Oi 2012 by tyler anastasi, on Flickr

Washburn Motorsports 911 Racecar - Aircooled <3 - H2Oi 2012 by tyler anastasi, on Flickr

Washburn Motorsports 911 - H20i 2012 by tyler anastasi, on Flickr

See less See more
#12 ·
Before someone stupid posts something stupid, those taillights are a weight-savings part, correct? :thumbup:
Don't have a clue :laugh:
Just a fun track-car or something more? Regardless, great mix of old and new(ish). :thumbup:
And yup. He drives it to work on occasion and has a set of 16" Compomotives in similar specs ready for some track rubber :thumbup::thumbup:

Interesting choice for the background. But hot damn, that car is :heart:
Had to make due with what we had under limited time. It's most certainly not my ideal location, but I made it work.

#27 ·
Oh my dayum, that is perfection.:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.