VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Top Tier Gasoline

12K views 90 replies 49 participants last post by  dmorrow 
#1 ·
http://www.toptiergas.com/index.html

I used to think all gasoline brands were pretty much the same. As it turns out, that's not the case at all.

TheMoreYouKnow.jpeg :laugh:

BTW, these are the gasoline retailers who have obtained Top Tier designation:

76 Stations
Chevron Canada
Aloha Petroleum
Esso
Chevron
Petro-Canada
Conoco
Shell Canada
CountryMark
Entec Stations
Exxon
Hawaii Fueling Network (HFN)
Holiday Stationstores, Inc.
Kwik Trip / Kwik Star
MFA Oil Co.
Mileage Stations
Mobil
Ohana Fuels
Phillips 66
Quik Trip
Rebel Oil
Road Ranger
Severson Oil
Shell
Texaco
Tri-Par Oil Co.
U.S. Oil

See less See more
#28 ·
My car always runs like complete crap on Wawa. They don't even have 93 octane, their max is 92 because they can't guarantee the quality of the fuel. They get their fuel from whoever sells it the cheapest, and I wouldn't be surprised if they picked up 93 octane that's slightly off test to use as their premium.

#42 ·
my car runs the same on shell93 as it does mobil93 as it does stop&shop93 as it does Hess93...

i go where it's cheapest.

#48 ·
Yeah, all of this BS is just funny to me. Granted, I've only been driving for about 18 years, but I've never encountered a tank of "bad gas" or engine knocking in my hundreds of thousands of miles of driving. And I simply buy from whoever has the cheapest gas and has pay at the pump.

#53 ·
I would assume the no name brand that has no ethanol. I try to put only 100% gasoline in my car which is not always possible. There is a Shell near my house that sells 91 octane with 0% ethanol content.
Some gas stations are too shady for me. I am not talking about costco gas (if cosctco messes up your car because of a bad blend I am sure you will get some sort of compensation...they are a big company) I am talking about those native reserve gas stations or the ones that look like they haven't been renovated since the mid 20th century. No thanks.

#51 ·
This top tier gasoline crap is just nonsense. The same type of nonsense where guys on a car forum will swear by only a specific type of car wax because they heard about it from someone with a fancy 930 in another forum. Hey anyone with a clean widebody 930 must know what he is talking about!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.