VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

West Palm Beach Area Meet/Chit Chat - 561

176K views 4K replies 167 participants last post by  strykersbane 
#1 ·
This is the new thread for the West Palm Beach, Florida area meets, and for general discussions.
Hosted by Euro561 !

#32 ·
**** the VRs coolant temperature sensor. POS is impossible to get to. So far I've snapped the secondary air pump hose in half (fixed it by fitting what's left of it with a sock :thumbup: :screwy: :what:), cracked some other hose (dunno wtf it does), and removed some useless ass bracket that Volkswagen put there just to get in the way. Think it might be easier to pull the whole front end off.

#37 ·
#52 ·
The dad obviously makes lots of cash, the kid has never had to work and it seems that the money to fix the stuff wasn't as big of an issue as the act of breaking it. Sure, the dad didnt want to have to fix that stuff, but I dont think it was the money that he cared about. My parents would have made me pay to fix it because they wouldn't be able to just write a check for the door and forget about it.
That doesnt make him spoiled. The kid is young not every kid works from the age of 14 or so. And it said at the start that he "returned from summer job hunting, accompanied by a friend". Thats your parents not his. Not the kids fault that his parents have the money to be able to 'write check for the door and forget about it." Im pritty sure it wasnt just forgotten about anyway. Its a life lesson for the kid. Things do happen. No need for the hate just because the kid may have a easyer or nicer life then you.

#54 · (Edited)
That doesnt make him spoiled. The kid is young not every kid works from the age of 14 or so. And it said at the start that he "returned from summer job hunting, accompanied by a friend". Thats your parents not his. Not the kids fault that his parents have the money to be able to 'write check for the door and forget about it." Im pritty sure it wasnt just forgotten about anyway. Its a life lesson for the kid. Things do happen. No need for the hate just because the kid may have a easyer or nicer life then you.
How do you know this? We're all just speculating the kids age. IF you read my first post, I agreed with you. Its more about him not doing it again than paying 100% of the damages. I'm not hating, just saying that it must be nice to crash a Porsche and only have to pay 700 bucks. As far as money goes, he got off easy, but it wont be the last time he hears about it.

The dad probably isnt super wealthy as a journalist, but the fact that Porsche gives him a 911 to try out means that he is probably well known and doesn't just write an article in the paper. I'm sure he drives all kinds of cars and has a house that goes along with them. On top of that, the dad then payed for professional driving classes. If he was really affected by this financial, he would have never done that because all he has to do is supervise the kid next time...

BTW, I just picked up TWO 37in 1080p TVs off of craigslist for really cheap. They have a dark spot on them, but they still work great for the price I paid. If anyone is interested, I'm selling them for 100 a piece. They work great as a computer monitor.

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/sys/2146428130.html

#72 ·
Oh no, he got the Danny Bonaduce special!!

#73 ·
I have 3 iPads left (32gb wifi, 64gb wifi and 64gb wifi + 3G) and 4 iPod nanos left (16gb blue, 2x8gb graphite and 8gb silver) :)

561 thread prices:
32gb iPad wifi only ----------------------> $550 (~15% off)
64gb iPad wifi only ----------------------> $675 (~10% off)
64gb iPad wifi + 3G ---------------------> $750 (~16% off)
16gb blue iPod Nano --------------------> $160 (~17% off)
8gb graphite or silver iPod Nano -------> $140 (~16% off)

Let me know if anyone of you want them !

#90 ·
I have 3 iPads left (32gb wifi, 64gb wifi and 64gb wifi + 3G) and 4 iPod nanos left (16gb blue, 2x8gb graphite and 8gb silver) :)

561 thread prices:
32gb iPad wifi only ----------------------> $550 (~15% off)
64gb iPad wifi only ----------------------> SOLD
64gb iPad wifi + 3G ---------------------> $750 (~16% off)
16gb blue iPod Nano --------------------> $160 (~17% off)
8gb graphite or silver iPod Nano -------> $135 (~16% off)

Let me know if anyone of you want them !
64gb iPad wifi only was sold today :)

#74 ·
Noob to Fla!

Hiya guys;
I'm from Toronto but am in Wellington for the Winter showing horses. However, I'm also a VW girl and miss my Meets! lol :eek:

I've got my Mk3 2.slow Jetta here and need to know good shops in case she breaks down or needs regular service ;). (I think she needs brakes soon :eek:.)

btw, when and where do you all meet up next? :)
Thanks! :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.