VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Penn State: University Park GTG

48K views 585 replies 54 participants last post by  iliaonabike 
#1 · (Edited)
Update:
When: Sunday @ 8pm
Place: Sheetz across from Lowe's
Address: 698 Valley Vista Drive, State College‎, PA‎, 16803

I realize there used to be a upark gtg thread, but seems pretty old and off topic so were starting it over :beer:. I know there are honda meets toward the stadium and some other local gtgs around campus, but the euro scene around here isnt where it should be, especially with the amount of people we have here. I work at lowes, and it would be no problem getting a meet there, but i feel something closer on campus would suit everyone better. We need some input from the locals and students of psu about a good spot and a decent time/day. I know there are enough people up here to start a good, well organized gtg, even tho it is getting cold. So let's keep this thread on topic and keep it going.

pic for reference:

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
I like this idea, man. The sooner the better, probably, but I'm gonna have to play it by ear for when is good for me, cuz the status of my car is meh. Taking it to VW this week to get it checked out.
Possibly Sunday, tho?
sundays would work. where downtown are you thinking?

kevin,
lower it. then lower it some more.
not all of us have air :rolleyes:

we still a spot downtown, and its looking like sunday evening. wish more people would help collab ideas.

#5 ·
i hope to have my car back from the dealer by the end of this week

theres a football game this weekend so i dunno how crowded it may be downtown... how do you guys feel about the state college high school lot on westerly parkway? or the weis/giant lots off north atherton, they're typically pretty empty. or even sunset park down by joe pa's house.

#7 ·
Yeah either of the spots mentioned above seem good. Does Sunset Park have a lot of parking? Cuz that's a chill, secluded location. I dig it.

Anyways, my situation is a tight one, because I live downtown and do not keep my car here. It stays in my roommate's home garage about 15 minutes away. Unfortunately, no busses go there so I have to worry about getting rides out there and back if I want to take it out.

If I don't have VW hold on to it this week and work on it, i can acquire it Sunday. Otherwise, I might have to wait til another weekend.

#12 ·
Yeah same here... everyone hangs out at a GetGo in the middle of my town. Its basically a Pittsburgh version of Sheetz and WaWa. Too bad I dont drive my car much round here so i dont have to worry about it.

aledelic i've seen your a4 around here... it's BADASS! Glad i finally know who drive's it.

Pics of car for reference:

:banghead: missing a damn center cap

#28 ·
haha, hopefully this sunday then.

Are those skirts new..? They look good :thumbup:
Skirts are from 06. Looking to change things up over the winter.

Saw your car at H2O, amazing in person :beer:

Does Sunday at 8pm at the Sheetz across from Lowe's work for everyone? Once we figure out a set time/place/day I'll edit it back into the original post. Lemme know :popcorn:
Thanks man, :beer:

I suppose the meed is going to take place this sunday. Hope to make it out.

#25 ·
:beer:

works for me, hope i have my car back
look what me and branden aka FullCollapse saw while dropping his car off

Trying to get off work so I can stay an extra night. Hope to see some of you guys driving around town. Cheers!!
First meet is this Sunday :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.