VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Rresetrrewinds build

34K views 472 replies 70 participants last post by  Rresetrrewind 
#1 · (Edited)
Rresetrrewinds BMP Timeline

I'm finally putting together a timeline of the Gti because I'd rather not flood Vortex
with a bunch of random "new cool stuff" threads that don't really mean anything...:rolleyes:
Thanks to everybody who helped me get to where I am with this car. :beer::beer:

Engine
APR Stage 2
Neuspeed Intake
Window Washer Neck delete
42dd Stealth Catch Can
Rev D dv
APR Downpipe
AWE Tuning MkV .:R32 Style catback
BSH engine/transmission mounts
Euro Short Shifter
42DD Shift Bushings

Interior
Package 2
OEM Leather
OEM Navigation with Sirius
Under seat tray
New South boost gauge
New South vent pod
OEM Monster mats
Beauty Bezels
Black hazard button
Performance LEDs Interior lighting
European cup holder w/ bottle opener

Suspension
Management:
AccuAir E-level
VU4 Manifold
Viair Dual Needle Gauges
Rear: AH2s with D-cups
Front: Airlift Slam XL
Compressors: 1 444C Viair

Exterior
.:R32 rear bumper/valance
Black Wolfsburg grille
R-line fog lamp grilles
Color matched side markers
Performance LEDs License plate bulbs
Ziza Pure Yellow fog light bulbs (9007)

Wheels
Current:
BBS Super RS'
18x8 et14 w/ a 28mm adapter
18x10 et47 w/ a 3mm spacer

Past:
CCW Classics - fully polished
18x9 et35 (front)
18x9.5 et35 (rear)

Audi Flat Fives - refinished Alpine White (redone by The Shine Lab)
18 x 8.5

Winter:
VW Classix

VAG-COM
Remote windows
FTP on with high beams
Disabled DRL

So, it's a 2007 Volkswagen Gti 2.0t Fsi bought with a lovely 74k miles (meh)

Quick front end change, Koni coilovers and Apr stage 2 w/ full APR exhaust a few weeks later :thumbup:

Ditched the tintz and the Classix for Alpine White Audi Flat Fives.

That week I had CCW Classics

Currently bagged on BBS Super RS' :beer:

See less See more
#40 ·
:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: :wave:

I'm a huge fan of matte paint. Probably because my car is matte green:laugh:
Lol well that makes sense then. Maybe after I get this beast paid off I'll do a color change. Matte is definitely a first choice but who knows.

#42 · (Edited)
Decided to have a little fun and floor it on some empty highway yesterday and noticed @ 3500rpm I'm getting this nasty surge of power... honestly sounds like vtec kicking in lmao :laugh:

..What sucks is I cant do anything about it right now. I'd hate to say Im going to just have to drive like a normal person so it doesnt get worse.

I'm going to search so dont even say it but anyone have some suggestions on what it is?

#brokeasfckproblems :facepalm:

#44 ·
No matter the gear. As soon as I get over the 3300-3500 WOT mark it goes nuts. It feels rough and I'll get this surge of power for a split second and then goes back to like nothing happened. Like I said it honestly feels like Vtec kicks in and cuts out if youve ever experienced some good ol' Vtec. I need to get to work so I didnt keep testing/pushing the theory but it happened a few times. Im going to flash it back to stock run it for a second and then go back to stage 2 (just for good measure/give it a fresh start):sly:. Since it happened around the same rpms everytime it seems like it has to do with the pressure or even ecu in that rpm range. IDK. Hopefully a hose is just fcked up.... maybe its a wastegate issue...meh then I would notice it in the psi and that seems pretty normal.

#50 ·
It's called a turbo. Embrace it. :)

Unless there are any really unusual sounds, I really think it's turbo lag catching up.
Wait... My 2.0t doesn't have the same engine as an R32?

I'm gonna floor in on the way home from drill tonight. Maybe it'll break down and I won't have to show up tomorrow lol. I know the cars temper and something seems up.

On the bright side, might get my rotors on before Sunday. :thumbup:

#54 · (Edited)
Thanks man :beer:
It's cleaner in photos, needs some body work lol. Such an expensive hobby we have.

I am trying to save some cash for Rotiform TMBs. I actually got a price quote today. I'm looking at $4300 :banghead: So with that said I might be running something else until next year.

#63 · (Edited)
Four car accident on the highway down to PA. Dudes in front of me slammed on their brakes causing everybody else to do it even faster and i was left braking and swerving at the end. If I didnt swerve...It would have easily been totaled and we would be in the hospital right now. I love the stupidity of others. Everybody have a bangin time at Cult Classic :thumbup:

#72 ·
Yeah that the one I found too. I'm going to throw a body shop that number and the R32 bumper part numbers. Hopefully they are alright people. All I have to say is "Its the same fit just looks a little different." It shouldn't be any problem at all if they aren't dicks. I'm back in CT so I gotta find a body shop up here. :banghead:

#81 ·
Dude I am so disappointed. I didn't even get out of CT before something stupid happened. Keeping my head up about the repairs though. You remember that damage in my passenger door and rear bumper right? Claimed it in the same accident. May as well come out on top.

I plan on taking a ride to hang after the repairs are done. Do those nipples and hang out.
I WAS going to have new wheels in a month or two but idk how that looks anymore. We can get a photo shoot going or something :beer:

#85 ·
Got some news today from USAA. They said if its under $3000 they will cut me a check to fix it myself (a few extra nice ends) :D. If its over that they have to make the check out to my lien holder and I. Idk how that works but I have those options and the option to just say heres my car, fix that ****.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.