VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Considering MAYBE to get the new Jetta TDI Highline with Nav

1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  kurolap 
#1 ·
I was wondering (and I didn't even know what to search for) if anyone's replaced the day-time yellowish running light things with something white? or LED? How does that look?

I'm going to be going from a 335D to this so I'm loosing a lot of power but oh well :)

I've always loved VW and had a 2006 Jetta and I can't drive anything non-diesel any more...

Oh and how is the 6 speed on the new TDI?

Thanks in advance and don't hate cuz I can't search :D

#3 ·
Why are you letting go of the 335? I've always liked that car and wondered how it drives with that superb diesel power.

Can't speak for the lights as I've only had my '11 tdi 10 days but it drives great. I got the 6spd dsg and its a slick piece of engineering but are you asking about the 6spd man?

I have the manual in my gti and I can't stand the notchiness of the gearbox and close ratios. It's very hesitant shifting in the cold so I'm favoring the dsg in our diesel big time.

Good luck --- I say go for it!

#4 ·
SOmeone here did change the DRL's to LED's but i dont think they were really bright. I'm looking for something in LED range as well, but waiting to see what options are out there.

As for the 6spd, its really good. I have a 2010 DSG and 2011 6spd. I prefer the 6spd. Wife needs dsg.

overall its a great car and not cheaper then what it was last year :)

#5 ·
Mo_Focus:

The 6 speed you have is TDI?
On some interiors why is it that I see 5 inch screens and on others 7 inch? Mine is Canadian does that mean I get an extra 2 inches? (5.02cm)

cobraman:

I'm getting rid of the 335 because I'm leasing and driving it for 1.5 years I put almost 70,000km...I don't want to go over my limit.. + The Jetta will have even better fuel efficiency.. I'll miss the 425ft-lbs of torque :(

Also I'll really miss the white xenon lights...unavailable for Jetta and I'll miss auto-climate control...and free oil changes....and rear wheel drive...

#6 ·
i have GOLF TDI'10 6MT
i love it, its funny but i notices that if i try to go trhough gears fast by forcing them, it feels a little notchy as somone mentioned, all you have to do is eas up a bit and its really smooth,
2to3 3to4 most of the time i use 2 fingers to give it a little push and it slidles right in :D
im very happy with the 6MT, i only test drove DSG but i remember it was engine breaking as soon as i let my foot of the pedal on any even slight downhill,
its a cool feature but would annoy me too much

#13 ·
TDi w/DSG

Have a 2010 Cup Edition TDi with DSG. Seems VW has done a good job of calibrating the TQ/Power characteristics to the DSG. Since this is a daily mostly for work, needed the auto. Love the mileage as fuel prices continue to raise.
Fun car is a manual 6Speed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.