VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Official mk6 Jetta/GLI Do It Yourself (DIY) Thread

272K views 72 replies 55 participants last post by  aljb320 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'm going to keep a log of all the solid DIY threads in one post. If you think a particular DIY should be included, post or PM me a link to the thread and I'll add it. I'd like to keep this to posts that are dedicated DIYs, where all of the information needed to complete the mod/DIY is located in the first post.

Official mk6 Jetta/GLI Do It Yourself (DIY) Thread - v1.4.8
last updated 30 JUN 2013

--

Brakes:

-

Electronics:

-

Engine

-

Exterior:

-

Interior:

-

Lighting:

-

Maintenance:

-

Performance:

-

Suspension:

-

VAG-COM

-

Miscellaneous

-

2.0 Specific:

2.5 Specific:

GLI Specific:

TDI Specific:

-

Failed DIY Attempts:

See less See more
#10 ·
Someone had referred these interior lights for my 2012 GLI and said that he installed them in his 2012 TDI with no problems and no error codes

http://www.exledusa.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=29806

Just wondering if anyone has installed them before. If not, im open to suggestions that people have actually installed successfully in a 2012 GLI with no problems or error codes

Blk 2012 GLI w/nav

#17 ·
Someone had referred these interior lights for my 2012 GLI and said that he installed them in his 2012 TDI with no problems and no error codes

http://www.exledusa.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=29806

Just wondering if anyone has installed them before. If not, im open to suggestions that people have actually installed successfully in a 2012 GLI with no problems or error codes

Blk 2012 GLI w/nav

I was really interested in this kit but there was no information about this at that time.

I bought it and they were intense! The brightness of this makes my eyes hurt so bad! :thumbup:
The LEDs for the map and dome light are brightness adjustable which is awesome. :D

#29 ·
How exactly does one remove these rear head rests? I feel as if I had messed with them any longer they would have been off... but not able to ever go back on again. lol

Anyone? I tried pushing the button and pulling up.. but damn!

#41 ·
:thumbup:

#42 ·
Hid high beam indicator problem? PLEASE HELP

hey guys I am new to this thing. I have had a problem for quite some time now and have searched everywhere for solutions and have still come empty handed any help would be much appreciated. the problem that I'm having is that I recently installed HIDs on my vw jetta mk6, the kit that I installed was a 35w 8000k low and high beam kit, I am stalled in a matter of 2 hours turned them on and everything worked perfect for a little bit, for some reason whenever the light switch is turned on the high beam indicator always stays lit even when the high beams are not initiated, I did a little bit of research and something said that you may need HID Cancelar capacitors that makes the computer think that the bulbs are still halogen bulbs not HIDs, after I bought these and installed them the high beam indicator still stays on?. I am at a loss and I have no idea what is going on.... trust me any help would be very much appreciated Thanks guys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.