VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

London, ON ,Wednesday, 8pm ,Timmies -Commish and Higbury thread !!

171K views 3K replies 103 participants last post by  Greg_J 
#1 ·
London, ON ,Wednesday, 8pm ,Timmies -Commish and Highbury thread !!

Well Here goes another ... I like where SERG was going .. we do need to do another BBQ .. we need to set a date but I agree May sounds good ....scrap ( my car ) and the nice ones welcome .. Just to set a date !!! Bring yur calendars t the next Wednesday and let's see if we can hammer a weekend BBQ out !!

And for those i couldn't change the thread name so i changed it here in the thread ..LOL]

Modified by mrdub27 at 10:25 AM 4-22-2010

Modified by mrdub27 at 2:48 PM 4-25-2010

#77 ·
bearings are around 100 bucks hoping that the crank or a rod isnt messed up...thats for rod and crank..we could do it in situation...but to be honest i have a feeling we will be pulling that pan off again for a much better look...if its an engine..we could have one in in a weekeend...

#82 ·
Re: (toy_vw)

Quote, originally posted by toy_vw »
bearings are around 100 bucks hoping that the crank or a rod isnt messed up...thats for rod and crank..we could do it in situation...but to be honest i have a feeling we will be pulling that pan off again for a much better look...if its an engine..we could have one in in a weekeend...

Hopefully we can avoid doing an engine swap. Got down to Top Gear today to check it out. I couldn't see any other damage that would be making it run like crap, like wires or vacuum lines knocked loose. Apparently my battery is toast, they had to swap it out to fire it up, so that made me suspect maybe an electrical problem but there was nothing obvious.
Good news is I settled up the bill so far and they cut me a decent deal on the work and parts. They didn't seem too happy about me asking to leave it in their lot for a few more days, but they're letting it slide for now.

#84 ·
Re: (toy_vw)

Quote, originally posted by toy_vw »
and you didnt call because? GOSH...im thinking you might have a bent rod or something...marc im sure would get yaa a nice price on the enginie hes got there...and we'ed finid time and space to get ya running in no time

Hehe, I didn't call cause vortex was down for maintenance when I left this morning so I didn't have the message with your phone number yet.

#85 ·
Re: (mnem)

I agree with Serg, the Boser ruins the lines on the front of the B5. B7 maybe, but not the B5.
Good to have the car running better again. Thanks again Serg for your tiny girly hands to get the Vac line back on the DV. The reason it didn't feel quite right was it was still in stock mode, as I had dumped it down to stock once I started having problems.
Still not 100% though, Still bogged down till about 3 grand then picks up nicely.
I got a nice week of car work lined up once I book the time off work. She rolled 200,000 today so I figure its due for a good shakedown.
-FMIC install
-Replace torn CV Boot
-Replace Thermostat
-Replace hazard switch (turn signal relay)
-New Tranny Fluid
-New Dif Fluid
-Clean and re-smoke tails
-Fix Exhaust hanger
-Clean and detail

#87 ·
Re: (smurfs_182)

Quote, originally posted by smurfs_182 »

and big dutch is probaly gettin it up the ass by some big southern trucker named Ronny

here we go, looks like this threads gonna be needin a bit of this soon....

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#94 ·
were baaaacccckkk!!.......
This white theme is too hard on my eyes this early in the morning :p

#97 ·
Ya and it seems to keep evolving day to day.. i wonder if there is a suggestion forum for the new Vortex.. it's changed since i was last on it yesterday.. too many shadow boxes..LOL On Topuic.. I'll be at the BBQ but will be late as I have to work untill NOON.. so someone keep me in the loop .. I'll be expecting some texts msgs..:) Jesse..:) or a call to my cell .. for those that have it ..LOL

#99 · (Edited)
All I heard Mnem was wwaa waaa aa wa wa waaa waa waaaa wwaaaa wawaa .. (aka Charlie Brown's teacher ) but so far it looks like a decent start for what they had to work with .. :)

But check this out.. Vortex never did this well before !!!

Shall I explain this !! Now i get to learn a lil html :)

#100 ·
All I heard Mnem was wwaa waaa aa wa wa waaa waa waaaa wwaaaa wawaa .. (aka Charlie Brown's teacher ) but so far it looks like a decent start for what they had to work with .. :)
hahahahaah

and yeh its deff good switch over for what they had to do and all.

Side note anyone getting randoms calls from 9794460366, i think i got 2 or 3 today. I hope it stops they are quite annoying go over to the phone just to see its some random number.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.