VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Spy Shots!

48K views 108 replies 55 participants last post by  Nitrousx8 
#1 ·
#6 ·
i heard VW will make touch screen audio as standard for almost all of their models,
so then..they should make air suspension as standard too, especially on Golf/Gti ;)

#10 ·
why did you hate the mk3?...it is still the best looking vw golf,gti EVER made...it came with the 12v vr...and a lot of great options from the factory at the time???

i think vw has gone downhill since the mk3...
also cant believe how quick there changing models lately...mk1, mk2 and mk3 were built for 8 years or so...:screwy:

#8 · (Edited)
Hi, everyone. Been lurking quite a bit since recently considering the purchase of a Golf TDI or Golf R.

I came across the pictures below a little while ago.

Quoting the article it says:

"Our spies have snapped a new batch of pictures of the 2012/2013 Golf and Golf GTI.
Dressed in heavy camouflage, the models have a familiar shape but previous reports have indicated the car will have a steeper windshield, a wider track and a lower roofline. Inside, the cabin is rumored to adopt a new instrument panel that is angled towards the driver for improved usability.
Additional information is limited, but the Golf will ride on the MQB platform and feature a variety of petrol, diesel and hybrid engines. Most notably, the GTI is slated to have an upgraded 2.0-liter TSI that develops 220 hp (164 kW / 223 PS)."

#13 ·
while zacher makes a good point i have to say the best all around was the mk2 gti. it was the best mix of soul and fun along with some performance and handling. The mk3 was ok in looks but basically a softer and less responsive mk2, the mk4s were bland except for the 2004.5 gli. the mk5 was a great technical car... terrible style. The mk6 i think is a great looking gti and a good technical machine. I hope they keep up the good work.

#15 ·
Comparison with the earlier clay model leaked images...

Looks spot on to me, the slope of the windshield is the same, but the grill in the clay model is thinner than what's on the camo-golf. A thinner grill would be consistent with the style introduced by the VW up!.

#19 ·
I'm having a dilemma waiting for the VII. I have an 04 Jetta Wagon and an 11 A4. I use the Jetta for work but I don't like having two cars. I just want one. Both are paid off and I wanted to sell both and buy either a TDI or a GTI but I know that I'm going to be pissed when the MKVII comes out.

Like someone else mentioned though. Love MKIV's, hate MKV's, and love the VI's.

#20 ·
Here is a rendering and latest intel

http://nordschleifeautoblahg.blogspot.com/2012/02/latest-intel-on-mk7-volkswagen-golf-gti.html

The all new Mk7 Golf will improve on many levels. The latest news suggests a new line of powertrains including a plug-in hybrid version with 243bhp and 50mpg, a twin-turbo 2.0L diesel version with 220bhp for the GTD, and a turbo 2.0L with 260bhp for the GTI.

Also new for the GTI, will be an electronically controlled front differential that will deliver more agile steering behavior claimed by VW. They have even said the new system on prototypes was able to run the Nürburgring 8 seconds faster than those without it.

With the new MQB platform, all-wheel drive will be an option on all Golf models. More aluminium will be used throughout and the overall weight will be close to the Mk4 (approximately 2850 pounds).

On the inside, an 8 inch iPad-style dashboard touchscreen will come standard along with some other high-tech goodies.

It is expected to be unveiled this September at the Paris motor show.

#32 ·
There are some slight differences between the last three renderings - the character line below the windows, the shape of the C-pillar where it lines up with the door. If you look at the camo photos there is some sort of lengthwise character line roughly where the red rendering also shows it, which the two silver renderings don't have. Still, these are minor differences. The general idea of those renderings is probably accurate. (I like it.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.