VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

I prefer:

• Left (981)

Votes: 25 18.4%
  • Right (991)

Votes: 111 81.6%

Which Style Do You Prefer (Porsche Content)

12K views 45 replies 28 participants last post by  Cousin Eddie 
#1 ·
Forget the price difference, forget the performance difference.

Which style do you prefer the one on the left (981) or the one on the right (991)?

Porsche has two different design languages going for each of them.

Which of these do you prefer?

Spotted at my local dealership this blustery fall day.

See less See more
#14 ·
I too can't wait to see the Cayman.
Some lightly disguised spy shots from a few months ago. It gets officially unveiled end of November at the LA Autoshow. :thumbup:

I've seen the undisguised shot and it's perfect. Love it. Got my name 4th on the waiting list in Canada will have it in April. :beer:

#15 ·

a couple of weeks ago i was at my house in germany testing the new audi rs4 wagon. the dealer is also a friend and a porsche dealer. he had a relatively new ruf cayman on hand he bought off a customer who had broke both wrists a while and never really healed properly so he sold the car. it looked mean and was fun to drive but i like my 911's better.

#19 ·
This is my big fear with the 981 design, that it won't age as well as the 987 and 986. Some of the design cues that people like the most now are probably going to date it very quickly.

#38 ·
I voted 991 because I'm a self-professed 911 fanboy (the newer the better!). But furthermore, as nice as the 981 is, the design (mostly due to the square-ish headlights) is somewhat anonymous.

Don't think I'm saying that it's boring or unattractive - it's not - but, like some previous Porsches (the 944, for example) it really could have any badge on it and not look out of place. In fact, it looks a bit like an MR2 Spyder that's been modernized and had all the awkward removed.

#43 ·
Jonathan, why are you asking random people on the internet about this???? You know that me buying your car for a better price for you than the dealer is pretty much a lock unless you bin the Cayman or otherwise harm it in the next six months, so it follows that I may very well buy your next Porsche off you in a few years. So the only person you need to consult on model, colour, transmission, options, etc. is ME!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

:mad:

:laugh:

:p

#45 ·
Jonathan, why are you asking random people on the internet about this???? You know that me buying your car for a better price for you than the dealer is pretty much a lock unless you bin the Cayman or otherwise harm it in the next six months, so it follows that I may very well buy your next Porsche off you in a few years. So the only person you need to consult on model, colour, transmission, options, etc. is ME!!!!
Awesome :laugh:

Cayman unveiling at LA then?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.