VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

The First and Only Muffler Delete With Stock Resonator!!!

4K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  Randomdub 
#1 ·
I just did it guys, after searching all over to find video clips to how this would sound and getting no where, i just went ahead and did it myself. Let me tell you it sounds amazing!!!! Absolutely no raspyness at all, like the resonator delete route. What i did was kept the resonator and removed the suitcase and straight piped it with 2.5in piping to a maganaflow tip. Tip was $85 and labor was $35 from an awesome muffler shop in town, since i've been going there for the past 5 years got it done for $55 out the door in 20min!!! Crazy!!! Video will be on youtube asap when i can find someone to tape it for me.

#5 ·
Re: (britGTIflav)

absolutely quiet it's only about 2 tone louder than stock. I can't even believe it's not loud at all, but it sounds mean. the closest thing i can think of is it sounds like a g35 or 350z stock. crazy quiet not annoying but also mean. It was exactly what i wanted! not only that but i got rid of 35lbs of weight. oh yea there is a knowtistable different.

#9 ·
Re: The First and Only Muffler Delete With Stock Resonator!!! (rippie74)

i did this about a month ago...and i thought it sounded really good too. but when at WOT it sounds like a water hose. well maybe not as bad, but it sounds like water shoots out of your pipes. its weird. but daily driving it sounds good. and it does have a slight vibration at 2k-3k rpm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.