VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

TireRack is AMAZING

24K views 121 replies 78 participants last post by  oh noes! cars! 
#1 ·
I ordered tires yesterday morning. Shipped via regular UPS Ground.

They just arrived moments ago :cool:

So cool.

#12 ·
Part of it is in the fact that TireRack can get an order, process it and have things ready to ship the same day.

I know this seems like something all business should be able to do, but its still a nice service that TireRack has set itself up to be able to offer.

G
#14 ·
Tire Rack used to be one of my PR clients--great operation, and a great group of folks. The warehouse is a really sophisticated, gigantic operation--it's pretty amazing to watch all the wheels and tires flying overhead through the tracking system.

Fun fact: Tire Rack shoots all their photos in-house in one of the nicest photo studios you've ever seen. A lot of the car magazines actually come to South Bend to shoot glamour shots of vehicles in the studio, because it's the nicest one for miles (and Tire Rack gladly lets them use it).

All customer service is done in-house, too--no calling to India there.

Also, the best part of Tire Rack: the test track (and the CMO's Viper). :D

#16 ·
FV-QR

ordered My Hankook H727 14" tires for my 96 corolla beater at $67 a piece. total with shipping was about $310.00

No Tax!
No Waste Tire Fee!

oh and a $50.00 Mail in rebate!!!

i ordered them on Wednesday night around 11pm, they are on a truck for delivery today! I

#20 ·
My fav part of TireRack is when I am driving past I like to scope the employee parking lot. Right there in front there is a whole line of modded BMWs that park next to eachother every day. Also lots of VW and Mini from what I can see.

I also drove past on a day they were doing a Miata event at their track.

Very cool place to break up the monotony of the IN turnpike.

#39 ·
Wal-Mart can't get me 14" Star Specs by tomorrow. Tire Rack can - and has.

Wal-Mart serves the 'I need tires, any tires, at a good price' demographic. Tire Rack helps those of us who actually care about tires. They have reviews, test data, tire weights, and other metrics. Tire Rack sponsors the Wheel & Tire subforum at Miata.net. They monitor the forum to answer questions. Tire Rack sponsors autocross. Tire Rack cares about the communities in which it is a part. Wal-Mart? Not so much. Not to mention that I can browse tires by size or vehicle and decide on what I want, rather a decision between two options given to me by the tech at Wal-Mart.

That's why I shop at Tire Rack. :thumbup:

#23 ·
I too am very impressed with The TireRack.

What I love most is that I can have my tires delivered right to my mechanic so I don't have to sign for them at my apartment and then load them into my car to drive them over there. I can just have them shipped straight there.

Also like the personal service. Right now I'm waiting for two front Pirelli snows to come in while the rears are already here. Larry is holding the rear tires for me while we wait for the front and then will ship them all at once. He's been updating me by phone and email. Great service.

Also, for Canadian customers they spell out ALL the brokerage fees UPS will charge so there are NO surprises on the bill.

#29 ·
FV-QR

I can usually get tires from Tire Rack faster than my local distributor, who is 23 miles away and usually at a better price even with shipping, I just wish they carried some additional lines (mostly Nitto and Federal) and complete lines of Yokohama and Continental, but that is a US market gripe not just Tire Rack.

#35 ·
anybody remember the sale discount tire direct had a couple years ago. $100 off any 4 tires purchase and $100 off any 4 wheels purchase. They lost their ass on that sale. I bought a set for my CRX and a winter set on steelies. Saved $400 lol

Never ordered anything from Tirerack but I window shop their site every time I'm looking for wheels/tires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.