VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 441 Results
  1. Golf II & Jetta II
    When turning sharply while going fairly slow (~20km/h) there is a loud noice from the frontleft of the car that sounds like loose rattling. I have recently installed coilovers, replaced the left CV joint and the right wheel bearing. I know that the balljoint and tierod end on the right are...
  2. Golf VIII R
    So, since having my Golf R I have absolutely loved it. A few hiccups(San Diego potholes are conveniently tire-sized and are sufficiently jarring to knock out vacuum hoses I suppose), but the car has been good to me and I’ve been good to her. Always warm up to 180°F oil before stepping on it and...
  3. Golf/GTI VII Parts
    From the Flatout Suspension Website: VW Golf Offroad Lift Suspension SPECIFICATIONS: Designed for light duty offroad/ lift Provides up to 2" lift over OEM height 2 Front Assemblies 2 Rear Assemblies Upright Shock Radial bearing on Front Assembly Linear Rate Springs Gains 2" of travel over...
    $800 USD
  4. CC
    Am in need of new front control arms for my 2012 VW CC Sport 2.0T. Just trying to figure out what else is recommend that should be replaced while im under there. Any recommendations on that and brand recommendations? Extra info: Currently have Stage 2 Unitronic tune, coilovers, 18” wheels...
  5. Jetta SportWagen
    Hello, I'm looking to get a set of coilovers for my 2012 JSW 2.5 SE. I've mostly been looking at Megan Racing (SKU: MR-CDK-GOLF5-EU), they seem to have the most adjustability for the money. I've also been considering BC Racing BR's. I was also told Solowerks coilovers are good for the money, but...
  6. Golf IV & Jetta IV
    So I lowered my car about 2.5 inches with B8 / H&R. I need to replace my tie rods in order to get a proper alignment. I was also wondering what other components of the suspension should I replace while I’m working on front suspension / steering components. So in short I would like to know where...
  7. Golf I & Jetta I
    I have a 1982 Volkswagen Rabbit that I have replaced the control arms, ball joints, brake calipers, pads, front and rear strut cartridges and mounts, outer tie rod ends, (inner ends are tight). Still getting clunking noise when driving over bumps. Read that it might be the front subframe...
  8. Tiguan (MQB)
    Hi everyone, I am having a weird problem with my tiguan 2018. I was in an accident where my front driver side tire hit the sidewalk and I am having suspension problems. The dealership fixed everything but the strut mount on that side keeps coming loose. I initially went to the mechanic and they...
  9. Suspension Tuning
    My passenger side axle shaft has play(in and out about 1/8th inch) when the suspension is both loaded and unloaded. Has anyone experienced this causing a clank when going over bumps? I’m on ECS coilovers (I know not the best), I’ve checked torques, mount orientation, preload, sway bars clear...
  10. Passat (B6)
    Hi all, I have made the rookie mistake of ordering parts without double checking parts numbers and I may have just wasted 70 quid away, unless someone can help me with this. So Im rebuilding the entire suspension on my '07 B6 Sport 2.0tdi and when I ordered the springs I ordered the correct...
  11. Jetta/GLI VI
    I have a 2016 Jetta sport; it has multi-link rear suspension. I am looking at getting Whiteline sway bars and end links. I wanted to get lowering springs, but Whiteline does not have any that fit my car. So, I looked at Eibach for lowering springs, and noticed in their documents they use the...
  12. Golf SportWagen VII
    The drive to and from my work has some windy canyon roads with dips and bumps in the road that pretty easily bottom out the suspension on my Alltrack at normal speeds. Compared to other cars on the road, I have to slow down a good bit when I come up to them to prevent from getting borderline...
  13. Golf IV & Jetta IV
    Just received a set a Koni Str.t struts and that's how they look after removing the retaining string. NO rebound at all. is this normal? Front shocks do rebound though. Not sure if that's normal behavior of I got a dead set.
  14. Suspension Tuning
    Been debating between getting air suspension or coilovers. I was completly on team air bags until I read about the reliability issues and the maintanince cost to keep them, so that kind of drives me off from them. I then discovered "air cup kits", which I could get down with. The problem Im...
  15. Golf IV & Jetta IV
    I have 05 golf gti. I commute in it and have to drive through pot hole city San Francisco. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of what I can do to make the ride not so hard. Suspension ? Coilovers ect. Thanks side note: I’m sure there is a thread already but I don’t know where to find...
  16. For Sale Random parts

Golf IV/Jetta IV Parts
    Spring cleanup. Hand brake lever cover Headlight switch w/ fog lights Dimmer switch Primary radiator fan - 345mm B pillars (black/painted) Dome lights (black/painted) Sunglasses holder (black/painted) Transmission Fill Tube (01M) Rear muffler hanger New battery tray Sunroof motor Sunvisors (x2)...
    $1 USD
  17. 4000/80/90/RS2/B2/B3/B4, Coupe Quattro & Cabriolet
    First, thanks for adding me. I have a '92 Audi 80 quattro 16v, which I brought to France from the UK. It's been dry-stored for some years but has now reached the 30-year eleigibility for collector-car status, so I plan to put it back on the road this summer. It had some professional body...
  18. Tiguan (PQ35)
    Wife has a 13' Tiguan SEL 4Motion. She has been complaining about how the front feels a bit loose. It has 115k miles and its on OEM suspension. What do you guys recommend to tighten up the front end? I was thinking Sway Bar End Links and Ball Joints. Do think I should replace the control arm...
  19. NorCal Parts
    Selling front and rear shocks Koni Sport suspension. Check the image for fitment. Fits Passat, Golf R and mkv R32. I can send a picture of the actual parts when requested. I had this setup on my B7 Passat R-Line for about 2 years. I sold it for a Cross Sport.
    $300 USD
  20. Golf/GTI VII
    Hello! We here at DSC Sport want to answer any questions you all have about our product! In case you don't know what our product is.... DSC stands for Dynamic Suspension Control. Using an algorithm developed out of years of professional race data, DSC adjusts the damping level of each...
1-20 of 441 Results