well, besides my thule roof rack being stolen off my Mk4 jetta today, and a friends stereo/digicam stolen from his car while he visited... I got a lot done on the rabbit..
The wiring harness is installed in the car, and the cable shift box is also in, just need to punch one extra hole for the cable to run through. Still need to weld in the supports for the mk3 fuse panel, and get the motor mounts made up, which should be done by this weekend. rear wiring harness is installed from a late cabby, and needs to be cut/soldered/heat shrunk to the mk3 fuse box plugs. Most of the plugs for the dash switches are already transferred over, and by next weekend, I should be ready to hang the motor, after the por-15, and minor touch up of some of the surface rust that is in the engine bay. I'll more than likely touch up the floorpan, as long as I've got the carpet out, and lay in new sound deadening, since the carpet being installed correctly demands the thickness of it. Then, back in with the original carpet.
I'm anticipating a few more trips to the junkyard before this project runs, including procurement of the a3 master cylinder and the sensors in it, various clips and grommets, some kind of properly fitting intercooler,various mk3 plugs and wire looms, and what not that I forgot to tell the guy pulling the motor that I may need.
Lesson-get the whole car.
It's turning out to be much less hassle than I anticipated, but much more tedious than I can stand sometimes. It's wierd having things progress so fast, since it took so long to build the bluehare. (I guess after a 16v g60, it all seems just a touch easier) I"m not the first..but it's going to be a fun car when done..
I'll try and post up some progress pics of the car this week, I really didn't feel like being at the shop anymore after I got [email protected]