Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 27677374757677
    Results 1,901 to 1,903 of 1903

Thread: 16V G60 - How to

1. Member
      02-23-2020 12:14 PM #1901
      thoughts on a setup like this? feels like another pulley between the alternator and the charger (maybe off that top alternator bolt) would be good. also, maybe not enough contact with the water pump pulley. car has no power steering so that isn't needed. also makes it so i can't run a v-belt since the ps tensions the v-belt.

2012 Audi A4 SLine APR Stage I / 1983 Rabbit GTI

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 02-25-2020 10:25 AM #1902
      There is not enough wrap on the alternator and charger. Those items have a lot of load so you must have a good amount of grip to keep them from slipping. An idler pulley close to the alternator pivot bolt may solve that problem.

As for the coolant pump pulley, I would think you need more wrap for that too. There is less load so maybe not. A larger diameter idler pulley is what I would be looking at for that. If I could not find something, I may just try what you got.

Vehicles
      91 Audi 80 2.0T
      02-25-2020 12:33 PM #1903
      Quote Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
      There is not enough wrap on the alternator and charger. Those items have a lot of load so you must have a good amount of grip to keep them from slipping. An idler pulley close to the alternator pivot bolt may solve that problem.

As for the coolant pump pulley, I would think you need more wrap for that too. There is less load so maybe not. A larger diameter idler pulley is what I would be looking at for that. If I could not find something, I may just try what you got.
      1. The Tensioner is not fully engaged
      2. More than enough belt wrap on that supercharger pulley . OEM had an AC compressor with a much larger pulley in the exact same location.
      3. Almost the same amount of belt wrap on the water pump pulley as the ABF alternator set ups.

p.s. this system works

Quote Originally Posted by mikesvwcorrado View Post
      thoughts on a setup like this? feels like another pulley between the alternator and the charger (maybe off that top alternator bolt) would be good. also, maybe not enough contact with the water pump pulley. car has no power steering so that isn't needed. also makes it so i can't run a v-belt since the ps tensions the v-belt.
      You can move the idler from the lower alternator tab to the upper tab Michael if you are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by NotLowNotSloMk2 View Post
      Question: Have you converted the Digi 1 injectors to the 16 v head

If so in my humble opinion it is running overly lean
      RED HOT (to me) means temperature, not heat...........too much oxygen and too little fuel
      I do not want to see a Fine VW burn up on you

If you have used the Digi 1 injectors the fuel is likely spraying against the long tube of the injector guide
      walls and collecting there then running out the bottom no longer atomized and just dribbling most of the fuel
      liquid form into the head.
      I hope that you have not had a catastrophe before you see this

Cheers
      It amazes me that people still do this without re-calibration.
      Digi-I + Digi-I injectors are intended for a stock 8V G60 engine.
      Adding them to a 16V is a band aid without some form of a chip. If you change the size of the supercharger pulley on an 8V G60 , you need a chip. The same applies if you are adding a 16V head to the equation.

Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 27677374757677