VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

USRT Fueling Solutions

234K views 350 replies 103 participants last post by  twin2turbo87 
#1 ·

And, more importantly do you know exactly what combination of injectors, fuel pressure, and pump you'll need for your project? We'll help you calculate a fueling solution that is designed for your exact engine configuration, fuel quality, and desired power level. Top tuners and software vendors rely on USRT fueling parts and technical guidance. Now it's your turn.
Fuel Injectors

Select from Vortex's most complete range of injectors for highly-tuned engines. Custom flows and fitments are available upon request.
1.8T Fuel Rail Spacers

Conveniently eliminate dangerous leaks and gas smells after injector upgrades. Our kit is the most complete and least-expensive on the market.
Adjustable FPRs

Fitments for both aftermarket rails and stock 1.8T, VR6, and crossflow 8v engines.
Fuel Pumps

Walbro, Bosch Motorsports, and Aeromotive pumps kits for "mild" to wild.
Non-stop Tech:
USRT 1.8T injector database.
Are you an "Engine Hero"?

Modified by Scott@USRT at 9:43 AM 6-18-2006

See less See more
#327 ·
Re: (speedball30)

That's a an answer that your ECU tuner must provide. Your hardware and software must match exactly. I can tell you right now, though, that your intank pump is a bad move. Most will experience fuel starvation problems when below 1/4 tank when turning corners (due to fuel slosh). At best the engine will temporarily bog down. At worst it will detonate. An inline is much much smarter. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#329 ·

Oh, with standalone you can run whatever you please.
Swap out the fuel pump for the Walbro inline + (plug n' play) Genesis mounting harness.
As for the fpr, what kind of power are you trying to put down? Please be clear whether you mean whp or bhp. Also, what octane fuel will you tune with? Will there be any water/alky injection included? What's your intercooler "like"?

#330 ·
Re: (Scott@USRT)

Original setup was put together to hit 450 at the wheels....that was before we noticed the engine builder was 3 teeth off and we melted the ross pistons to the head....I only mention this too explain that everything I purchased, including the intercooler was bought to reach 450. Now the my forged engine is going to need to be rebuilt (again), I will be running a stock 12v VR with 268 cams and the rest of my turbo setup. I will be running at 7-8 lbs (which I understand is doable on stock internals). Just to clear this in my head. I put the OEM fuel pump back in the car and run an inline one as well? Do I require an FPR or will the stock one suffice for this setup (can't see getting much more than 300 on the above setup...unless I'm wrong).

#331 ·

Quote, originally posted by speedball30 »
I put the OEM fuel pump back in the car and run an inline one as well?

Yes, that's exactly what you should do.
Quote »
Do I require an FPR or will the stock one suffice for this setup (can't see getting much more than 300 on the above setup...unless I'm wrong).

For only 300hp your fuel injectors are already hugely oversized. It would be sensible to sell off those big guns and drop down to something like some Rochester 525cc. Those spray a wonderfully wide-angled cone with superb atomization (for best torque and throttle response) and are plenty big enough for even more fun later.

#332 ·
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by speedball30 »
Original setup was put together to hit 450 at the wheels....that was before we noticed the engine builder was 3 teeth off and we melted the ross pistons to the head....I only mention this too explain that everything I purchased, including the intercooler was bought to reach 450. Now the my forged engine is going to need to be rebuilt (again), I will be running a stock 12v VR with 268 cams and the rest of my turbo setup. I will be running at 7-8 lbs (which I understand is doable on stock internals). Just to clear this in my head. I put the OEM fuel pump back in the car and run an inline one as well? Do I require an FPR or will the stock one suffice for this setup (can't see getting much more than 300 on the above setup...unless I'm wrong).
you could push 400whp on stock internals i have a local friend doing just that, 19psi making 409whp...in your situation i'd keep it a little lower say around 375whp at 16psi...BTW you never mentioned what turbo you are running.

#333 ·
Re: USRT Fueling Solutions (Scott@USRT)

Quote, originally posted by Scott@USRT »
Yes, we are developing that exact product somewhere in the depths of our corporate research facility. Expect it to dominate at all NOPI and Hot Import Nights events. This will provide the edge that all serious dubbers need to win.

Modified by Scott@USRT at 9:14 AM 8-8-2005

#335 · (Edited)
I'm getting ready to purchase a Mk.3 ABA turbo. I'm thinking it's overfueling for what I want out of it.

specs are as follows

megasquirt
550 cc injectors
walbro inline with stock 2.0 pump stock regulator (3 bar?)
t3/t4
C2 headspacer
running ~ 10 pounds currently

I want to run 12 ish pounds and it be reliable. It has a rough tune on it now. Needs some work on it in that department. I'm thinking I need to ditch the walbro and drop down to some 440's

Has a problem under boost if it's under 1/2 a tank, it will bog down pretty bad.

Thanks.

#338 ·
Wow, I have not been here in a LONG time. (sigh) Well, I will answer this old question for good vibes:

My advice is to leave your nicely balanced CIS the way it is. When in tuned condition with fuel enrichment circuit, you can make 170hp or more all motor. Or, will you go turbo? If so... CIS + boost is just silly. It didn't work well before. It is less than optimal now. We used to hear "turbos blow motors" and it was usually true back then. The problem, however, was not turbocharging. I was the electro-pneumatic and also hydraulic "engine management" system. There are so many different conversions with rates of change that may or may not match the next... that expectation of "control" is laughable at best. NA tuning is much more forgiving.

Go modern and be thankful later. :beer: :peace:

#342 ·
need help with what to buy

i have a 1998 mk3 jetta glx with the 2.8L 12v VR6 OBDII. i keep finding turbo kits for my car, but what i really want to know is what individual parts do i need for a turbo setup to work. like what kinds of pistons, fuel injectors, software, connecting rods, clutch, and transmission, etc. the help would be much appreciated as i am new to the vw croud and only learn from what i read on this forum and the repair manual i bought. please pm me. thanks.

#343 ·
i have a 1998 mk3 jetta glx with the 2.8L 12v VR6 OBDII. i keep finding turbo kits for my car, but what i really want to know is what individual parts do i need for a turbo setup to work. like what kinds of pistons, fuel injectors, software, connecting rods, clutch, and transmission, etc. the help would be much appreciated as i am new to the vw croud and only learn from what i read on this forum and the repair manual i bought. please pm me. thanks.
the majority of the QUALITY stage 1 and 2 turbo kits (c2, kinetic, cts) are designed to work with the stock engine. You will need to upgrade to a stronger clutch like a Clutchmasters FX300 or Spec STGIII and also need to upgrade your exhaust size to make the most of the kit. There are cheap knock off kits out there that are incomplete so go with one of the 3 companies listed above.

#344 ·
Hello! I am needing to equip my project with a gnarly fuel system! :)

Basically I need some injectors, FPR, fuel rail, etc. I'll be running 15-18 lbs of boost for now and may boost it up more later. What would you recommend?

Car is a 12v vr6 with oversized 82mm pistons making it 2.9l right?
Garrett gtx3076r
I've got a bosh 044 fuel pump for it as well. Let me know if anymore info is needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.