VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

USRT Group Buy: Snow Performance water/alky injection

187K views 292 replies 96 participants last post by  jettagli_guy 
#1 ·

USRT is proud to organize Vortex’s second water/alcohol injection (WAI) group buy from Snow Performance. These Stage 2 "Boost Cooler" kits are designed for high-strung engines that require detonation control beyond what the engine management system is capable of. This may include big turbo 1.8Ts, 2.0l engines with SC kits, R32's running 100 octane files, etc.
Best of all, instead of $8/gallon+ for race gas, WAI operating costs amount to just pennies. Thus, high-output may be had all week instead of only at the track. Other great benefits are the great intercooling effect, removal of carbon deposits from the combustion chamber, and a general improvement in reliability under race conditions.

WAI is appropriate for use in any forced induction engines, very high-compression normally aspirated engines, and those running large amounts of nitrous oxide. Our kits are equipped with progressive controllers which vary spray delivery to match engine load. This is a great differentiator versus lesser engine-bogging set ups which spray at full-blast even at light engine loads. We provide two nozzles of your choice. (Download this small program to determine exactly how much spray you'll need to get the job done. Assume an 80% injector duty cycle if you have any question in that regard.)
It is important to realize that (like race gas) water/alcohol injection will not make power by itself. What it will do is permit substantial increases in boost pressure, bigger shots of nitrous, more compression, advanced ignition timing, or all of the above combined. Some trial and error tuning is required after installation, to achieve maximum power gains. Improvements can be quite dramatic as our German distributor demonstrated on a customer’s Audi S3:
HORSEPOWER before/after

Audi S3 original power: 153kw = 205whp
with Boost Cooler: 200kw = 268whp
HORSEPOWER/TORQUE (final tune)

Audi S3 original torque (not shown): 270Nm = 199ft/lbs
with Boost Cooler: 456Nm = 336ft/lbs
Until the next 15 units are sold or two weeks has elapsed from Feb.1, 2007, the price will be $359 shipped.
The Rules:
a) Shipping will begin as each increment of 5 kits is sold.
c) Buyers screen names will be posted in this thread.
d) All buyers must be members of VW Vortex.
e) No Member may buy more than 2 kits each.
f) PayPal goes to: sales@usrallyteam.com
To order, DO NOT FORGET to send the following information in your PayPal. (Credit card payment by phone is also acceptable: 856.456.3335):
Buyer name
Street address
(NO PO BOXes)
Daytime and nighttime telephone number
Buyer’s email address
VW Vortex member screen name
Vehicle make, model, and year
Indication of MAF or MAP-referencing controller

Notes: Shipping is included in the price for USA buyers only. International freight charges will be added.

We're 100% finished!
Buyers:
FerVR6 (01/24/2007)
speeding-g60 (1/30/2007)
tw1nny03 (2/1/2007)
T-Boy (2/5/2007)
Dragonfli_x (2/5/2007)
theAntiRiced (2/8/2007)
ghostman (2/8/2007)
lanocharacing (2/9/2007)
kindbudz91G60 (2/15/2007)
sergio(2/15/2007)
VR6rocks (2/15/2007)
V-DUB Alec (2/15/2007)
turbo_pumpkin (2/15/2007)
autocrosser11 (2/15/2007)

Modified by Scott@USRT at 3:13 PM 4-30-2007

See less See more
#53 ·
Re: (deliverator)

Alright alright!
Short of doing an outright group buy, I'll temporarily offer the kits for $359 + $15 shipping. Putting USRT info in your sig for a month or two would be a nice gesture for the $40 saved. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#55 ·
Re: (Scott@USRT)

Quote, originally posted by Scott@USRT »
Alright alright!
Short of doing an outright group buy, I'll temporarily offer the kits for $359 + $15 shipping. Putting USRT info in your sig for a month or two would be a nice gesture for the $40 saved. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Which kit?

#58 ·
Re: (Baci & JettaRed)

Quote, originally posted by Baci »
SOLD! Where the hell do I sign up? http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Shoot me an IM for details.
Quote, originally posted by JettaRed »
Which kit?

We're talkin' Stage II hotness with either controller, sir. That's the way to go unless you're managing the system with a standalone engine management and a high-speed solenoid.

#60 ·
Re: (StrokedPSI)

Similar to high-octane fuel, water injection effectively reduces an engine's propensity for detonation. This is a good thing for any engine and is especially important for one pushed well beyond its normal limits like yours. Remember, though, that WAI doesn't *make* power by itself. Rather, it simply expands the safe performance envelope created by the actual power adders (e.g. turbo).
As for the head gasket recommendation, I'll leave that for somebody else to answer. A good source of information about this sort of thing is Paul from Boost Factory.

#63 ·
Re: (StrokedPSI)

Hmmm, last few posts might be off topic? Just checking cause I think this thread is about WAI and how great Scott@USRT is to keep the price low for us craving more powa!
Scott, got it, but zero degree temps are preventing this wimp from installing it. Can't wait to "set it and forget it" like Ron Popiel suggests.
Dave

#68 ·
Re: USRT Group Buy: Snow Performance water/alky injection (nutbox11)

What's complicated for one person is elementary for another. With that said, though, installing a water/alky injection kit isn't really all that much of a big deal. You can find the installation instructions via the USRT website. Scroll down below the picture of the system and you'll see the link for "system installation". That'll bring up a PDF file with all the details. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#75 ·
Re: (adcockman)

i lvoe my wi kit. i have a cooling mist pump and snow var. controller. don't really have instructions i could type up one tho if anyone needs it, here are some pics. btw my intake temps were 74 degrees at 20psi with no timing pull on apr93oct and 93 in the tank.

everything is in loom now and much cleaner.

edit* mine is a water/meth kit which is what you showed in your pics, i tryed running alky and my intake temps went waaaay up.

Modified by dash cunning at 12:21 AM 4-26-2006

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.