Goodbye '90, Hello '94
I am Finally Done with this phase!. I forced myself to finish it before starting assembling my 2L 20v.
Background: I acquired a late '93 Vr Corrado that was crashed. I decided to take the entire insides (and then some) and do something a little different to bring my 1990 a bit more up to date.
I'll let the pics do the talking, but here was the final list of tasks that kept growing:
- Take entire Tan Leather Interior from donor and custom Dye it
- Custom Dye Visors, Sunroof Console and misc pieces
- Convert D/S door to accept late card
- Swap Complete Late Style Dash, Center Bezel, Switches, Stalks, Clamshells, etc etc
- Added Late Oil Press/Volt
- Swap Late HVAC and Controls
- Fix Heater Door Flaps
- Swap Complete Late style EDL ABS
- Strip and repaint P/S Late Door (Mine had one too many door dings)
- Repaint Side Mirrors and install new Mirror glass
- Rebuild a Hybrid Glass Moonroof and use Late Style Motor, Switch and harness
- Install Late Oil Pressure/Volt Gage
- Swap out most wiring harnesses from the Late '93 and clean up all other wiring.
- Install heated seats switch and harness
- Redo Headliner and Sunroof Shade
- Clean Carpet
- Fix all A pillars and all other misc interior stuff
- Fix all instrument lights, Switch backlights and indicators Note: PITA
- Swapped in Later Cruise system and moved pump out of the Engine bay to the rear inner drivers fender well like the Vr
- New Rain Gutters
- Clear Markers
- Vr ECode Lenses and Bezels Coming for my G60 ECodes
- probably forgetting stuff....
Pic of old interior
Full Story on Donor here -> https://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2418394
The Strip Down and wiring Madness
The Leather Refinish Pics
See Link here for more information on the process -> https://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2596179