VWVortex.com - Project Build: sc2020
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Build: sc2020

02-12-2007 10:50 AM #76
      to make this project even better you should add a t to the end of the title.... like
      sc2020t
      that

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      1998 GTi VR6 Ginster, 2004 Forester
      02-12-2007 10:53 AM #77
      wow
      amazing buildwork.

4. 02-23-2007 02:04 AM #78
      any way you could post up a pic of the head with the ABA head gasket sitting on it, so we can see how it matches up
      thx

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      '90 Corrado | '62 Harley Panhead
      02-23-2007 08:27 AM #79
      Quote, originally posted by Urieal »
      any way you could post up a pic of the head with the ABA head gasket sitting on it, so we can see how it matches up
      thx

Not really sure what you are asking for. You want to see the how the HG lined up before the mods or after?
      The HG Lines up perfect with the corner drains and is the exact same diameter now. All cooling holes line up. So, If I place the HG on the head an take a pic you won't see much. Also, laying the HG on the head is deceiving because a lot of the issues were with the HG crush zones, so that is/was hard to illustrate with a pic.
      Let me know what exactly what you want to see and I can take a pic.

7. 03-20-2007 03:03 PM #80

wow
      massive props!
      Quote Originally Posted by Pineapplegti ! View Post
      Brand enthusiasts are idiots.
      Klutch Republik - Live Fast , Drive Hard
      SCCH Cylinder Heads & Suspension Components
      OSD #16

Vehicles
      1990 Corrado G60, 2012 Golf TDI (gone) 1988 Jetta Coupé (gone but not forgotten)
      03-20-2007 07:55 PM #81
      Quote, originally posted by golf198v3.0 »

wow
      massive props!

X2 [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      Quote Originally Posted by hipster. View Post
      They ended up buying my Corrado, I offered to sell them my Bentley. But they didn't want to spend the $40 I was selling it for. Poor bastards.
      SpoonfedTuningdubNation

Vehicles
      03-20-2007 08:46 PM #82
      Thanks guys! If there were 30hrs in the day life would be good
      Too many projects that are taking precedence which is why there is not much progress in the last few weeks
      Like this one for example (Not related to this build).

10. 04-04-2007 03:05 PM #83
      its time for updates! lets see how it's going!!!

11. 04-04-2007 05:01 PM #84
      Quote, originally posted by Urieal »
      its time for updates! lets see how it's going!!!

Ditto.... What have you been up to?
      "When Jens gets a bottle from the team car, he gives the car a push."

Vehicles
      91 Audi 80 2.0T
      04-04-2007 10:06 PM #85
      Quote, originally posted by 32176G60 »
      What have you been up to?

Busy doing NADA...

Vehicles
      04-04-2007 10:13 PM #86
      Just too damn busy in general. I spent the last 36hrs alone in Tax preparation hell
      And, as usual, other people stuff takes precedence over my own. But that is done and here are some pics of some 8v love (full thread to come).

...Letting the owner do the fine finishing inside if desired.

However, with all that said, last weekend I made good progress on the head and have all of the intake ports ported (Yes all 12 of them :bandhead: ). Not all polished yet, but I will take some update pics.
      I am also questioning my Trans heavily and am seriously thinking about an 02m with maybe a 3.94 of 4.11 'ish Ring and Pinion. I hate the G60 gearing. I just need to find someone that will either make some form of a trade trade for my Silver Corrado or buy it outright, etc.
      Shawn

Modified by sdezego at 10:53 PM 4-4-2007

14. 04-04-2007 10:20 PM #87
      Quote, originally posted by sdezego »
      I am also questioning my Trans heavily and am seriously thinking about an 02m with maybe a 3.94 of 4.11 'ish Ring and Pinion. I hate the G60 gearing. I just need to find someone that will either make some form of a trade trade for my Silver Corrado or buy it outright, etc.
      Shawn

just get some VR gearing and a diff [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Vehicles
      04-04-2007 10:42 PM #88
      Quote, originally posted by brilliantyellowg60 »
      just get some VR gearing and a diff [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

I am most certainly considering that as an option. Unfortunately, I sold the Vr trans that I had as part of the swap Might need to look what I can get the gears for. In addition, if I stay 5spd, I definitely want a .72ish 5th. I miss that from my Turbo Scirocco.
      ..the 02m though, adds just enough complications that could quench my OCD briefly Realistically, the 02a with Vr gears makes the most sense.
      LSD is happening regardless of the choice.

16. 04-04-2007 10:45 PM #89
      I am most certainly considering that as an option. Unfortunately, I sold the Vr trans that I had as part of the swap Might need to look what I can get the gears for. In addition, if I stay 5spd, I definitely want a .72ish 5th. I miss that from my Turbo Scirocco.
      ..the 02m though, adds just enough complications that could quench my OCD briefly Realistically, the 02a with Vr gears makes the most sense.
      LSD is happening regardless of the choice.

i got 2 sets of vr gears for free
      there are plenty of vr trannys with blown diffs out there
      my .7 5th cost me $300, well worth it, i will save that in fuel eventually

17. 04-04-2007 10:53 PM #90
      i'll give you one of my old sets
      just needs third gear

18. 04-05-2007 10:25 AM #91
      How's the header coming along - looking forward to seeing some pics of it with the 20v flange. I was wondering, if the Supersprint 16v header is Stainless, how are you going to unstress the primaries? so there is no added force on them when they heat up, because stainless likes to expand.

Modified by SameoldVW at 7:27 AM 4-5-2007

Vehicles
      04-05-2007 01:41 PM #92
      Quote, originally posted by brilliantyellowg60 »
      i'll give you one of my old sets
      just needs third gear

are both the Main and Counter 3rds toasted? That's close to $300 alone no? Maybe that's the reason for the LOL
      If you have a good complete set that you might be interested in selling, LMK. I would need the shafts, etc too though (at least the mainshaft I know) since they are different than the ATA/AYL. If the set only needs one gear, I may be interested and have something that may be of interest to you

Vehicles
      04-05-2007 01:52 PM #93
      Quote, originally posted by SameoldVW »
      How's the header coming along - looking forward to seeing some pics of it with the 20v flange. I was wondering, if the Supersprint 16v header is Stainless, how are you going to unstress the primaries? so there is no added force on them when they heat up, because stainless likes to expand.

I won't be getting to that for a little while. I may even wait until last so that the engine is in the car and I can get it positioned precisely. I am not one that like exhausts hitting the tunnel or Rack
      The Supersprint header is SS and super high quality. They use separate Mild steel flanges on each primary as pictured earlier. The Flange I have is actually SS and one big piece as you can see from the pics. I assumed that Supersprint used Mild steel for cost savings, but that may not be the whole case. I am undecided and have read a lot of conflicting opinions on the latter in regards to Turbo Manifolds. I am always open to opinions and suggestions from experience. All of the headers I have ever made were all Mild steel. The welding will no doubt be back purged and TIGed regardless.
      Shawn

21. Moderator
      Vehicles
      2017 F22, 2015 E84, 2002 R53, 1992 MK2 GTI - all current.
      04-05-2007 02:21 PM #94
      Cool work Shawn, looking forward to seeing your project all done, my header doesn't rub the tunnel or rack.
      R.I.P Barbaro
      I'm all for a clean car, and lowering for performance reasons, decent wheels, etc... but this "stance" crap sucks.
      Quote Originally Posted by 302W View Post
      lol wut? You can have the baddest carbon brakes straight of an Enzo, it doesn't mean jack **** when your contact patch is 1/3 the size it would otherwise be, and partially the sidewall

22. 04-05-2007 05:40 PM #95
      are both the Main and Counter 3rds toasted? That's close to $300 alone no? Maybe that's the reason for the LOL
      If you have a good complete set that you might be interested in selling, LMK. I would need the shafts, etc too though (at least the mainshaft I know) since they are different than the ATA/AYL. If the set only needs one gear, I may be interested and have something that may be of interest to you

yeah both are toasted

23. 04-23-2007 12:09 AM #96
      Quit it with the yardwork and get back on this project, we want updates!

Vehicles
      04-23-2007 10:46 AM #97
      haha, yea no doubt. I have some updated pics that I need to post, but was hoping to get all of the PnP finished...
      As it stands, everything is now ported. I just need to sand and then polish.

Vehicles
      2009 Wolfsburg, 1990 Corrado 16v
      04-23-2007 11:21 AM #98
      i hope you have a flowbench
      Instagram: ewsauder
      Snapchat: esauder

Vehicles
      04-23-2007 05:15 PM #99
      Quote, originally posted by skaterhernandez4 »
      i hope you have a flowbench

Why do you hope so? ..and why the sad face before even asking?
      flowbench provides validation to you and others that I know what I am doing, and I don't need that sort of validation. Lets just say, that I am not new at this.
      Look above at the one finished port on the right, and if you see any flaws in my work, please be sure to comment.
      Shawn

04-23-2007 05:24 PM #100
      Why do you hope so? ..and why the sad face before even asking?
      flowbench provides validation to you and others that I know what I am doing, and I don't need that sort of validation. Lets just say, that I am not new at this.
      Look above at the one finished port on the right, and if you see any flaws in my work, please be sure to comment.

I don't think he is trying to knock your work. I think he is desperately hoping for flow numbers on the head to see how much better you were able to make it flow. Not to criticize, but to be even more impressed. [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast