VWVortex.com - Samsung A900M: how to downloand music/ringtones???
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Samsung A900M: how to downloand music/ringtones???

Vehicles
      B7 "R" S4 Avant, 2014 Allroad
      12-02-2006 10:44 PM #1
      I have a mac and want to put my music on my phone cause the sprint music stores sucks.. The dude that sold me the phone said I had to search BITPM?? Can't really find anything that is helping. has anyone done this?? or am I just a tard.. Any info would be killer.. [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      for clicks:
      | DubAudi Gruppe |

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      12-02-2006 10:49 PM #2
      oh and he told me it came with a usb cable (i thought to download music) but it attaches to where the phone charges????? WTF!!!!
      | DubAudi Gruppe |

Vehicles
      2015 Fiesta ST, 2001 Ford Focus ZX3, 1995 Infiniti G20T, 1986 VW Cabriolet
      12-02-2006 11:47 PM #3
      Yeah, most charging ports on phones are also for data transfering. You can use either that or bluetooth to transfer between your phone and comp. Just remember to put the mp3s in the right folder and you can access them though the music store player.

Modified by Akira714 at 4:48 AM 12-3-2006

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      12-03-2006 12:14 PM #4
      ok thanks [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] but do I have to download anything to the phone to allow me to transfer music though??
      | DubAudi Gruppe |

Vehicles
      Mercedes-Benz GLK250, BMW 335is
      12-03-2006 02:10 PM #5
      This should work for most new Samsung phones with Bluetooth:
      Pair the phone to your Mac via Bluetooth. Then click your Bluetooth icon in the menu bar (near the clock) and choose Browse Device. Choose the phone from the list and click Browse. You should then see a few folders for the different types of files. Drag your MP3s into the Music folder. They should be playable on the phone but they may not be usable as ringtones. (They're not on my Samsung T619.)
      To use them as ringtones, you may need to convert the files but this is easy to do. Download Amadeus II from versiontracker.com. Open a MP3 you want to use as a ringtone in Amadeus and select a 30-second segment you want to use as the ringtone. Save the selection as a AAC audio file to your desktop. Rename the .aac file to .3gp. Then drag it into the Videos folder on the phone. Yes, the Videos folder. The phone will know it's music and save it in the Music folder, but you have to drag it to the Videos folder for some reason. Then set it as a ringtone.

Vehicles
      12-03-2006 05:59 PM #6
      awesome Chris, thanks so much...
      | DubAudi Gruppe |

Vehicles
      12-03-2006 09:10 PM #7
      I did everything ChrisMD had suggested but I am still having problems. I can't seem to control where the files are going because when I browse the phone from my computer, there are no folders showing up in the phone.
      I did get a file to go to the phone but I found it in the bluetooth ftp folder??? Not sure what is going on.
      | DubAudi Gruppe |

Vehicles
      12-07-2006 08:42 PM #8
      so anybody know how to make those transferred files a ringer???? I hate this ****...
      | DubAudi Gruppe |

11. Member
      Vehicles
      2016 Mazda 3
      12-08-2006 12:31 PM #9
      I have the same phone. The way I do is, I take the song, cut it down into the appropriate length for ring tone using MP3 splitter, and than upload the file here
      http://www.funformobile.com/
      you can use this website free for transferring the ring tone or pictures to your cellphone.
      How strange and foolish is man. He loses his health in gaining wealth. Then, to regain health he wastes his wealth. He ruins his present while worrying about his future, but weeps in future by recalling his past. He lives as though death shall never come to him, but dies in a way as if he were never born

Vehicles
      12-08-2006 03:37 PM #10
      does the music sound like the actual file or does it change to that electronica weird sound. I want the actual music as a ringer....
      | DubAudi Gruppe |

Vehicles
      Gangste.:R
      12-08-2006 06:51 PM #11
      DO yourelf a favor and ask for an ipod for christmas

14. Member
      Vehicles
      2016 Mazda 3
      12-08-2006 11:43 PM #12
      Quote, originally posted by [email protected] »
      does the music sound like the actual file or does it change to that electronica weird sound. I want the actual music as a ringer....

It sounds about as actual as it can in a cell phone. I think it sounds damn good.
      How strange and foolish is man. He loses his health in gaining wealth. Then, to regain health he wastes his wealth. He ruins his present while worrying about his future, but weeps in future by recalling his past. He lives as though death shall never come to him, but dies in a way as if he were never born

15. 03-06-2020 03:03 AM #13
      Much like these other free ringtone sites, moreringtones.net lets you look through over a dozen categories to find your next favorite ringtone. A few of them include disco, blues, country, house, alternative, pop, rap, sexy, lounge, and Latin.
      Last edited by vanmore; 03-12-2020 at 12:26 PM.

16. 03-06-2020 03:04 AM #14
      moreringtones.net’s free ringtones provide you with thousands of options. The site is a little strange to use but you don’t need to create a user account or do much of anything but preview or download the ringtones. There are several categories you can browse through if you know what kind of ringtone you want: holiday, funny, text message, music, movies, or Bollywood.

Once you settle on your favorite tone, use the Android button on the download page to save the ringtone to an MP3. There’s also a Send to Phone option but it might not work for you (it didn’t for us).
      Last edited by vanmore; 03-12-2020 at 12:25 PM.

17. 03-12-2020 12:23 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by vanmore View Post
      latestringtone.info’s free ringtones provide you with thousands of options. The site is a little strange to use but you don’t need to create a user account or do much of anything but preview or download the ringtones. There are several categories you can browse through if you know what kind of ringtone you want: holiday, funny, text message, music, movies, or Bollywood.

Once you settle on your favorite tone, use the Android button on the download page to save the ringtone to an MP3. There’s also a Send to Phone option but it might not work for you (it didn’t for us).
      Wtf?