Do at your own risk. I am not reliable for any damage.
How to change Spark plugs and Coilpacks on a 1,8T motor.
-Phillips head screw driver.
-Flat head screw driver
-NGK BKR6E spark plugs
Step 1. Remove engine cover. (found circlued in red)
-Turn the 4 screws a 1/4 turn then lift up
Step 2. Unscrew 10mm nut. (found circlued in red)
- After that tuck the box out of the way to the right.
Step 3. Unscrew the 3 Hex bolts (found circlued in red)
- Pull away metal pice and place off to the side.
Now your engine should look like this
- I have my DV hose off. For install on Hyperboost DV.
Step 4.& 5 With Flat head screw dirver. Place the flathead on the tab on the connector to the coilpack. And push backwards. Dissconnect all four.
Step 6. Coil Pack Removal.
-With use of flat head pop out each coilpack. This can be done with hands also. My engine was a little hot so i used this.
Do this to all 4
Step 7. Spark plug removal.
-With use of the Ratchet, extension, and spark plug socket Take out each of the Spark plugs. There in there a little tight.
DubAudi DVD ^^
After All the Spark plugs are out. Do all the steps backwards with the new products.
- Put New Spark Plugs in. Tighten them hard.
- Put New Coilpacks in and Push down on the hard.
- Clip in the coilpack plugs / Spark plug wires.
- Place metal piece on and insert the 3 screws.
- Place plastic box back on and secure with 10mm nut.
- Place engine coner on and 1/4 turn the 4 screws on.
And the car
Modified by jm05pv at 11:48 PM 12-5-2006