VWVortex.com - The unofficial Cluster Swap thread
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: The unofficial Cluster Swap thread

1. 06-30-2020 03:27 PM #326
      okay thank you. do you know which pin out on the ecu feeds the violet/white wire? and what sort of signal it supplies?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      '90 Corrado | '62 Harley Panhead
      06-30-2020 05:17 PM #327
      Quote Originally Posted by phil027235 View Post
      okay thank you. do you know which pin out on the ecu feeds the violet/white wire? and what sort of signal it supplies?
      Pin 51 which you have identified is the pin T68/51. I have done some playing around with it years back and from what I can tell it is a PulseWidth Signal. It could even be the actual Injector Duty, but don't quote me on that as I have never Scoped it and Compared.

I know when 93 Vr6 guys changed injectors, their MFA went wrong. I also hooked my G60 4 Cyl injector Duty to that signal wire and it was interestingly enough in the ball park, but G60 and Vr6 injector size are not that far off from that i recall. That is as much as I cared to delve into it

4. 07-01-2020 04:03 AM #328
      I think the numbers T68/51 are confusing. T68 is the loom, ok, but 51 doesn't seem to correspond to anything, maybe it's just a plug number. My ecu has 35 terminal pins so '51' is meaningless here. I am going to try and trace the violet/white physically on the car and see exactly where it goes.

My car has a constant injection system, the injectors spray fuel in continuously so I don't think there is an injector pulsewidth signal? unless I am misunderstanding something.

Will update.....

Do you know what the firing point sensor does? it's the doughnut sensor on the no 4 HT lead
      Last edited by phil027235; 07-01-2020 at 04:26 AM. Reason: add a question

Vehicles
      07-01-2020 03:19 PM #329
      Quote Originally Posted by phil027235 View Post
      I think the numbers T68/51 are confusing. T68 is the loom, ok, but 51 doesn't seem to correspond to anything, maybe it's just a plug number. My ecu has 35 terminal pins so '51' is meaningless here. I am going to try and trace the violet/white physically on the car and see exactly where it goes.

My car has a constant injection system, the injectors spray fuel in continuously so I don't think there is an injector pulsewidth signal? unless I am misunderstanding something.

Will update.....

Do you know what the firing point sensor does? it's the doughnut sensor on the no 4 HT lead
      Right, realized from your other thread that you have CISE 9a. Assumed you were a VR at first. Typically, T means an external Connector (could be at ECu or could be circular connector in Engine compartment as in OBD1, etc). 51 is the actual pin number in that connector. This may be irrelevant in your case and my Bentley does not have the 9a in it or wiring.

For your 9a, I really have no idea. I go way back to Basic CIS (Mechanical MAF), but not CIS E. There is an ECU of sorts that control the Frequency Valve (Sort of like an injector), Knock and other things. One thing I do know is that the EEPROM in 93+ Cluster is very simple since there is no onboard MAP sensor. Something is doing something with the information coming from your MAF, so you may be onto something. My guess is that is computing what to tell the cluster, Freq valve etc.

Vehicles
      07-01-2020 03:27 PM #330
      This should be your wiring. Maybe closest to the 91+ Passat listed here? CIS - E Motronic?

http://a2resource.com/electrical/man.../motronic.html

Maybe Pin 9 ?? I would track back from the 1x connector coming from the cluster if you can;t find Exact wiring diagram for your car.

7. Yesterday 02:35 AM #331
      Thanks once again for the info you are posting.

I have the 2.0l 16v 9a first registered in Aug 93.

The maf I have is the mechanical type with the circular plate lifted by airflow/vacuum. I'm not sure which CIS system this is called, KE Motronic?

The lilac/white wire (after T68/51) goes directly to pin 10 on my ecu. When I have the car back together I am going to see what sort of signal goes to the mfa and whether or not it can be modified.

I have a spare ecu which I have never used, I'm going to give it a try.....
      Last edited by phil027235; Yesterday at 03:27 AM.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314