V8 twin turbo
1,183-horsepower and 1094 ft.-lbs. of torque
255.83 mph

http://www.shelbysupercars.com/

Modified by elevine17 at 9:02 PM 9-18-2007

See less See more
#32 ·
Re: Goodbye Veyron (my own style tt)

who cares if its 1mph faster, its how the car achieves the speed not just that it can get there, you could use a bugatti on an every day basis (provided you could afford that much gas) where as this ugly creation is more than likely a straight line car that you could only use on the salt flats. and besides its been designed and built in america that can only mean one thing....... its horrible.

#35 ·
Re: (asdehaan)

Quote, originally posted by asdehaan »
Oh man, you guys are right, it doesn't have a special key to go that fast. That car is a POS! VWs and Buggatis are all hand built by Jesus himself.

NOT true. VAG engineers are, however, guided by the hand of God Himself.

#40 ·
Re: (BlackMKIVGTI)

dude, forums are for any one. so if u dont like people "bashin" the gattti then u leave. thats what this sh it is for, its for people to express what the think, so piss off. if u dont like people talkin about the gatti then prove them wrong. its called freedom of speech. u like the gatti, but some people dont, both are fine. i dont like the gatti, i think it way over priced for what it is, its not that impressive for being a 16.4l quad turbo, come on 1000 hp, thats crappy, gas mileage at top speed, runs out in 12 mins, and tires are done in 15 mins. my buddy has about 1000 all wheel hp car, its a 91 talon, it gets 20+ miles per gallon, estimated top speed of 240+, and runs low 9's, and its all hand built by himself.... NOW THATS A REAL CAR http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#47 ·
Re: (jnesta21)

lets put this simply the ssc is a car for americans who simply want to say "I have the fastest car in the world!" and im just guessing that the power output on the car is massive. Who the hell wants to ride around all day with a car that powerful with a standard transmission, the clutch would most likely eat your leg whole after an hour in the car. The bugatti on the other hand can be sedate, and is able to cruise all day long. Its a car for people with class and money, not solely money. The ssc looks like garbage as well, the bugatti looks like high art rolling on four gorgeous wheels. I don't care if this thing can go a few miles per hour faster, can anyone here actually differentiate between 256 mph and 270? the answer is no. So who cares other than rich americans with ego's bigger than the ssc's power output? No one

#48 ·
Re:

I thought I'd share my opinion fashionably late...
I think a lot of you are missing the big picture. While the SSC may have 1200hp, it's V8 is being pushed to a really high level with two big turbos. The Veyron's small four turbos aren't cranking high boost to get that big ole' W16 up to its 1001hp...or in other words, any notable tuner shop like BB probably could crank out 1500hp in the Veyron with not too much work. The SSC, not so much since it's already being "tweaked" enough. The goal of the Veyron was just to beat the record, not destroy it...that's why there is reserves.

And whoever made that comment about the SSC having a manual and being a "true" drivers car is retarded. It doesn't matter who you are, but even Michael Schumacher probably couldn't keep that 1200hp under control with a clutch around a track. DSG/Tiptronic/Paddleshift IS faster and IS proven, that's why F1 cars use them, that's why P1 and P2 LeMans cars use them. Does the SSC even have stability or AWD to help aid it out of corners? Probably not. It probably drives like the old Koenigsegg without stability-loose and near impossible for anyone to tame. I bet the Veyron even stops better from 150+mph.

Modified by Ryan Sickles at 12:03 AM 12-25-2007

#49 ·
the difference between the veyron and the other cars that are supposedly faster, the veyron is a solid well manufactured piece of machinery.
at 253mph, the veyron is sound, solid and quiet inside, while the other cars probably sound like theyre gonna explode or something, thats the way i see, but i guess if you want speed of quality go ahead.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.