VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

If you could mod perfecction?

159K views 172 replies 132 participants last post by  Eagle Eye 22 
#1 ·
We all know how the fastest car in the world pissing match has turned out...what id like to know is what a fully stripped or modified Bugatti could to in theory....Like removing cat etc...

#2 ·
Re: If you could mod perfecction? (blacktip007)

well you could always weld a big can of folgers onto the back of it, the honda guys are convinced that will give you a serious boost in power. Oh and you could slap layers upon layers of stickers on it too thatll give you at least another 500 hp to the ground
but seriously why would you modify something thats perfect? to make it..... less perfect?

#94 ·
well you could always weld a big can of folgers onto the back of it, the honda guys are convinced that will give you a serious boost in power. Oh and you could slap layers upon layers of stickers on it too thatll give you at least another 500 hp to the ground
but seriously why would you modify something thats perfect? to make it..... less perfect?
your my hero

#5 ·
Re: If you could mod perfecction? (turbott920)

Quote, originally posted by turbott920 »
APR turbo back, diode mod, manual boost contol, GIAC chip, and air intake

yeah the veyron probably has resonators and cats and all that crap...can you all imagine for a second what it would look/sound like?? a veyron shooting fireballs and gurgling like cars do when they don't have cats??!
<----------x99999999

#6 ·
Re: If you could mod perfecction? (kcn0113)

Quote, originally posted by kcn0113 »

yeah the veyron probably has resonators and cats and all that crap...can you all imagine for a second what it would look/sound like?? a veyron shooting fireballs and gurgling like cars do when they don't have cats??!
<----------x99999999

I would poop myself

#9 ·
Re: (bigandyvw)

Quote, originally posted by bigandyvw »
there is no such thing as perfection truth is there will always be some thing better that you could do

I doubt anyone has the ability to improve the performance of the car. Look at how much money was throw at it in R+D. Impossible. The whole car is built to function around one another. You can't bolt on some oem stuff from a shelf onto a completely carbon fiber chassis and be like "yeah, I just made that da' bomb!"
I guess you can paint it. Maybe a vtec sticker would yeild another 85hp at the wheels.

#165 ·
Quote, originally posted by bigandyvw »
there is no such thing as perfection truth is there will always be some thing better that you could do

I doubt anyone has the ability to improve the performance of the car. Look at how much money was throw at it in R+D. Impossible. The whole car is built to function around one another. You can't bolt on some oem stuff from a shelf onto a completely carbon fiber chassis and be like "yeah, I just made that da' bomb!"
I guess you can paint it. Maybe a vtec sticker would yeild another 85hp at the wheels.
Excerpt from above: You can't bolt on some oem stuff from a shelf onto a completely carbon fiber chassis and be like "yeah, I just made that da' bomb!"

You may want to look into how many parts actually came from the VW/Audi/Porsche parts bin. I guarantee you that there's power left to be unleashed. What we need is one rich guy with enough imagination and interest, to buy one in the name of the aftermarket, and let the top shops in the country play ball.

Obvious Performance Enhancements:
Thicker Top-Flow IC's
Straight-Through Exhausts
Increased Boost psi (this is all VW/Bugatti plays with to go from 16.4 to SuperSport)
'Constant Maximum Speed Setting' for suspension and transmission
Race prepped interior
Race Fuel and Tune
Lighter Wheels

Even though the Veyron was released with 1000+hp and the SS at 1,200hp, they are by no means 'at the limit' of what they're actually capable of.

Remember, that with enough money, knowledge, interest, and patience, anything is possible. :D

#10 ·
It could be interesting if they made a track version.

#21 ·
Re: (urbangti)

I'd head straight to ebay and buy like sixteen Turbonators.
BTW, the Pur Sang edition, as noted above, was a limited production "Pure Bred" car. They cleared the carbon bits and used special aluminum to ensure even polishing. There were only five made. I think it would look killer with some polished Dymag's.

#23 ·
It would be cool if some manufacturers started making performance parts for the Veyron. I'm sure the stock mapping is pretty conservative on a/f ratio and timing, so it would probably be possible to install an ECU and remap the ignition and fuel injection. Also, they could probably design some more aggressive camshafts for the car, as well as a better exhaust system. It is, after all, street legal, meaning it must pass emissions. If you upgraded the valvetrain, remapped the stock unit, and freed up the exhaust, I'm sure you could gain a lot of reliable horsepower out of the car. But the real question is, do you really need it?

The obvious answer is no.

#26 ·
Re: (vwagon_gti)

a lot of people are talking about changing the wheels and tires, but in reality you can not. those are the ONLY wheels and the ONLY tires you can/should put on this car.
i have 2 in my cousins/sisters/uncles/brothers/nephews shed somewhere out in korea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.