VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

If you could mod perfecction?

160K views 172 replies 132 participants last post by  Eagle Eye 22 
#1 ·
We all know how the fastest car in the world pissing match has turned out...what id like to know is what a fully stripped or modified Bugatti could to in theory....Like removing cat etc...

#78 ·
Re: If you could mod perfecction? (01gtivDUB)

theres not much you could do to that car besides making some custom fuel maps and tune it a little mo betta and efficiant.
and give it to Mansory and have them build a full carbon body for it.

#79 ·
Re: If you could mod perfecction? (dude rado)

Quote, originally posted by dude rado »
theres not much you could do to that car besides making some custom fuel maps and tune it a little mo betta and efficiant.
and give it to Mansory and have them build a full carbon body for it.

lol this is the stupidest thread i've ever read. How in the world is anyone going to do big turbo, custom fuel maps and retune etc. on a Veyron? In order for that to happen said tuning company would need to purchase one and figure out how to crack into the engine management then write a new program for it that works with 0 issues. This will never happen, it's not a $20k VW.

#80 ·
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by GRedvig »

lol this is the stupidest thread i've ever read. How in the world is anyone going to do big turbo, custom fuel maps and retune etc. on a Veyron? In order for that to happen said tuning company would need to purchase one and figure out how to crack into the engine management then write a new program for it that works with 0 issues. This will never happen, it's not a $20k VW.

use your ****ing imagination man, who the **** cares if we could really make it happen or not.

#81 ·
The people who bring up the point that people who have the money to buy a Veryon wouldnt mod it are probably correct. The point though is that some people are never happy with their vehicle until they have modified it to make it their own, and yes sometimes these people do have Veryon money. The fact that the car weighs over 4,000 pounds, was developed to be somewhat reliable, and had to pass certain governement restrictions means that there are modifications that can be done by an individual to modify the car. To think that companies would not drool over the opportunity to be featured in magazines as the tuner company that bumped the power in a 1,001 hp car (and a simple 5% increase would yeild 50 hp) is insane. The Veryon probably isnt the best high end car to modify and you will probably be able to make many high-end cars produce better results but any production car is far from reaching its potential, and therefore far from being perfect.

#82 ·
Re: If you could mod perfecction? (GRedvig)

Quote, originally posted by GRedvig »

dude, if YOU owned one and wanted to make some custom fuel maps for it, theres people (mathamatical gods per say), spend thier life writing fuel maps.
it would be as easy as bringing the car to them and having them write maps for it.
you must not have clue how fuel maps are made

#83 ·
Re: (jzobie)

Quote, originally posted by jzobie »
The people who bring up the point that people who have the money to buy a Veryon wouldnt mod it are probably correct. The point though is that some people are never happy with their vehicle until they have modified it to make it their own, and yes sometimes these people do have Veryon money.

X2
There are always possibilities, no matter the lengths one would have to go to achieve such desires. The car is made in order to please any customer who purchases the vehicle, if an individual decided to invest in making the car to their specifications, they could.

#86 ·
The perfect mod for the perfect car...

Have a new background made for the HP gauge the maxes out at 1600hp! Tell everyone that you had Ettore Bugatti himself cloned and then had him do an ecu flash, whatever. It's not like anyone you give a ride too will be able to tell if it only has 1001HP. It's not like they have other Veyron shotgun experience! :p

#88 ·
Probably would just retune it to have more boost. You know, put it back on the level of a less reliable modded DD. Like any production vehicle, it's at a modest performance level for reliablity reasons. Taking into consideration what just one twin-boosted LSX motor is capable of, I'd have to say this motor (essentially 2 V8's) is capable of 1500+hp with some more liberal tuning. It'll do 9's. I can garauntee it.

#93 ·
the Mansory Veyron has the restrictors removed and puts out a massive 8hp more even with 200 more HP it wouldnt be that much faster because lets face it you cant outrun physics. it does look sick though. check out the in house carbon fiber with the BIG weave so you can see it from further away. BA

#95 ·
The reason they made that is b/c of the SSC Ultimate Aero

Now back to the main question, the usual suspects:

Bigger turbo's
ECU Remap

Now 4000 lbs is a friggin heavy ass car. However, 1001 hp (not counting the SS) I would try SOMETHING to lighten the boat up! Do they have a stripped down version like a GTS or something?

I spose if you have enough money and didnt care about much b/c you're so friggin rich, I would strip that down and take everything outta it and make a track car out of it! Prolly would loose a few hundred pounds, well 100 or 200 maybe?

#96 ·
i think that is the whole point of the veyron and the reason its in a class of its own (that piece of s*it SSC isnt even on the same planet) its the fastest car in the world and you can go 210 in the comfort of a bentley. thats why its amazing. and why the SSC isnt. they just made an absurdly powerful car for the sole purpose of being 3 mph faster than the veyron in a straight line. well a top fuel dragster is faster than both and as comfortable as the SSC.

#102 ·
Thank you for sharing that video. That is tuned perfection, but there still is a chance that there is more on the table purely because it is legal to drive on the street. Which means emissions are still going to limit it somewhat. I know someone at a VW dealer that was explaining some of the inspections they have to do to just the regular Veyron. The wheels have to be magnifluxed(checked for cracks) and tested every ten thousand miles. The tires only last about 10k as well and that is if you are not driving at any crazy speeds or being a jackass in it. Just pure crazyness no matter what angle you look at the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.