VWVortex.com - What did you do to your MkV today?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1691 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 6911191159116411681168716881689169016911692 LastLast
    Results 42,251 to 42,275 of 42288

Thread: What did you do to your MkV today?

Vehicles
      2006 GTI
      05-09-2019 04:47 PM #42251
      Finally replaced my BSH engine/transmission mounts with 034 Motorsport mounts. Man what a difference.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      Fahrenheit GLI, '57 Ford Thunderbird
      05-09-2019 07:56 PM #42252
      Quote Originally Posted by racerpoet View Post
      Looking good man! I love the Thunder Bunny front too, but the grilles kill it for me. I can't stand the half open/half filled-in grille. Just makes it look very cheap to me. Although I'd never put it on my car, I do enjoy seeing it on other people's cars.

Noticed the smoked mirror lights. They're subtle, but make a big difference imo. I put the same ones on both my MKVs.
      Thanks dude. Smoked mirror lights are so much better than the stocks.

Quote Originally Posted by drval85 View Post

Looks better with a FMIC. Then it looks like it serves a purpose, at least.

I have a very large FMIC behind the grill. Definitely getting my airflows worth out of this bumper
      Fahrenheit GLI #800| F23T | Eurodyne | CTS | SouthBend | KW | Fifteen52

Vehicles
      09 Rabbit S, 07 GTI
      05-10-2019 01:07 PM #42253
      Installed a new K&N intake to replace the beat up one that was on my car when I got it.

Also, finally moved the GTI into its new home - a storage unit.
      07 United Gray GTI: EuroDyne Stage 2, SPEC Stage 2+ Clutch and Aluminum Lightweight Flywheel, K&N Intake, USP Downpipe, Autotech HPFP, CTS Direct Fit FMIC, Cast13 RB2s, etc.
      09 Reflex Silver Rabbit: C2 SRI Manifold, BSH Intake, USP Downpipe, Neuspeed Sport Springs, APR Swaybars, Rotiform DIAs, etc.

Vehicles
      08 GLI, 07 Honda Odyssey, 15 TDI sportwagen
      05-10-2019 01:20 PM #42254
      Filled it with gas and checked the oil and only lost 1/2 quart in 3,000 miles on a FSI with 147k I'd say that's not bad at all.

6. 05-10-2019 08:56 PM #42255
      Got bored, felt like changing it up a little as the stock intake on mine looked pretty damn restricted Bc of the carbon fiber front end. There was hardly any passage for air into the intake before. Couldn’t pass this up for $60 and the quality is spot on. Also did the DIY noise pipe delete for $3 and did the exhaust resonator delete. Car sounds so damn good now!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      08 GTI
      05-11-2019 09:53 AM #42256
      finished this up...

Vehicles
      05-11-2019 12:39 PM #42257
      Quote Originally Posted by ilyk2ski View Post
      Got bored, felt like changing it up a little as the stock intake on mine looked pretty damn restricted Bc of the carbon fiber front end. There was hardly any passage for air into the intake before. Couldn’t pass this up for $60 and the quality is spot on. Also did the DIY noise pipe delete for $3 and did the exhaust resonator delete. Car sounds so damn good now!!

Your intake air will be super clean since you've got a filter for your filter.

9. 05-11-2019 01:42 PM #42258
      Quote Originally Posted by It's Big Ty View Post
      Your intake air will be super clean since you've got a filter for your filter.
      You remove the stock panel filter genius

Vehicles
      2000 GTI VR6
      05-12-2019 04:59 PM #42259
      Nothing big, put some new wipers on my new to me GTI. Been out of VWs for about 8 years due to miserable circumstances, but finally picked up a 07 GTI. I've missed it so much.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      09 Rabbit S, 07 GTI
      05-13-2019 06:17 PM #42260

So you just pulled out the stock filter but it's still running through all the stock passages including the engine cover?
      07 United Gray GTI: EuroDyne Stage 2, SPEC Stage 2+ Clutch and Aluminum Lightweight Flywheel, K&N Intake, USP Downpipe, Autotech HPFP, CTS Direct Fit FMIC, Cast13 RB2s, etc.
      09 Reflex Silver Rabbit: C2 SRI Manifold, BSH Intake, USP Downpipe, Neuspeed Sport Springs, APR Swaybars, Rotiform DIAs, etc.

Vehicles
      09 Rabbit S, 07 GTI
      05-13-2019 06:18 PM #42261
      Quote Originally Posted by A2JettaVRT View Post
      Nothing big, put some new wipers on my new to me GTI. Been out of VWs for about 8 years due to miserable circumstances, but finally picked up a 07 GTI. I've missed it so much.

Welcome back to the game.

Vehicles
      2000 GTI VR6
      05-13-2019 06:20 PM #42262
      Welcome back to the game.
      Thanks! Gave her a bath today.

Vehicles
      09 Rabbit S, 07 GTI
      05-13-2019 06:21 PM #42263
      Quote Originally Posted by sum41kid861 View Post
      finished this up...

That looks awesome. Is this in NY like your location says?

15. 05-13-2019 06:59 PM #42264
      So you just pulled out the stock filter but it's still running through all the stock passages including the engine cover?
      If you open up the FSI stock cover there aren’t any secret “passages” you are talking about lol. Once you pull the stock panel filter you can look at the design and how the air pulls directly like a normal aftermarket Intake except it’s not a straight tube setup but the air goes directly into the turbo like any other setup. I didn’t do this “mod” to get any noise, I did it Bc it was cheap and fixed the issue I had with how the air was NOT being pulled into the stock inlet Bc of the carbon fiber grille I have.

Vehicles
      05-13-2019 07:29 PM #42265

You took that too seriously my dude. Meant to be a joke.

17. 05-13-2019 07:53 PM #42266
      Quote Originally Posted by It's Big Ty View Post
      You took that too seriously my dude. Meant to be a joke.
      My bad man, you never know these days with all the keyboard warrior trolls out there

Vehicles
      09 Rabbit S, 07 GTI
      05-13-2019 07:54 PM #42267
      If you open up the FSI stock cover there aren’t any secret “passages” you are talking about lol. Once you pull the stock panel filter you can look at the design and how the air pulls directly like a normal aftermarket Intake except it’s not a straight tube setup but the air goes directly into the turbo like any other setup. I didn’t do this “mod” to get any noise, I did it Bc it was cheap and fixed the issue I had with how the air was NOT being pulled into the stock inlet Bc of the carbon fiber grille I have.

Not sure where you got that I was talking about "secret passages" as I never used the word "secret." You got a better word? It's not "piping" or "tubing" since it still goes through the engine cover and that's not either of those... I was just asking.

Also not sure where you got the idea people stick intakes on the FSIs for "noise." At the very least, I'm glad you understand your "cheap mods" are working together so harmoniously that you have to "fix" them. lol
      Last edited by racerpoet; 05-13-2019 at 07:57 PM.

Vehicles
      08 GTI
      05-13-2019 08:08 PM #42268
      That looks awesome. Is this in NY like your location says?
      Yes it is!

20. 05-13-2019 08:52 PM #42269
      Not sure where you got that I was talking about "secret passages" as I never used the word "secret." You got a better word? It's not "piping" or "tubing" since it still goes through the engine cover and that's not either of those... I was just asking.

Also not sure where you got the idea people stick intakes on the FSIs for "noise." At the very least, I'm glad you understand your "cheap mods" are working together so harmoniously that you have to "fix" them. lol
      the majority will tell you hands down that an intake on these cars do close to nothing unless you have a tune, and even then they don’t do much at all. People generally get them Bc they like the extra turbo noises you can here and that’s it. There have been people do before and afters on a dyno and the cost of the $300 Intake vs he amount of gains you get isn’t worth the money. As stated before, I got this Bc my stock setup was getting hardly any air flow as the previous owner didn’t pay attention to how the carbon grill was blocking all the air flow in the front of the car. With this setup now And the noise pipe delete I can confirm that throttle response is better, but in no way can I say I got any “gains” from this, nor do I care if I did.

21. 05-14-2019 06:01 AM #42270
      Installed some Hella Sharptone horns and a new DSG knob.

Last edited by sebas_thefish; 05-14-2019 at 07:54 AM.

22. Junior Member I love rustbuckets's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '97 Golf 2.0, ‘07 Rabbit
      05-14-2019 01:34 PM #42271
      In the past month, I’ve diagnosed and fixed my door latch issue, changed my oil, installed an Integrated Engineering intake (pain in the ass, would not recommend ), machined and installed a rear washer fluid line plug and installed my wiper delete, installed a 42 Draft Designs exhaust (nicely made, too loud for daily use, drones, has some weird harmonic resonances in a few places; will be adding another muffler in soon), took off the front plate bracket and put in some BumperPlugs (still needs two more, as the PO added two additional holes with the screws that held the plate to the bracket ), fixed the top rear license plate holes with rivnuts (PO put in self-tapping imperial-sized plastic screws, ruining the M6 holes (which don’t make sense in thin plastic, and should have had rivnuts from the factory)), drilled and tapped the bottom holes and threw on some stainless M6 bolts I had laying around, swapped the antenna out for a stubby one, washed it a couple of times, had the wheels balanced, diagnosed some suspension issues, and ordered some parts.

Quote Originally Posted by root beer View Post
      mk2's are just terrible mk3's

23. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      GTI Fahrenheit #843of1200
      05-16-2019 12:32 AM #42272
      Quote Originally Posted by sum41kid861 View Post
      finished this up...

drkn1te?
      E=mc^2+/-3db

Vehicles
      08 GTI
      05-16-2019 09:38 AM #42273
      Quote Originally Posted by inverse_square View Post
      drkn1te?
      yessir thats me!
      @drkkn1te

Vehicles
      09 Rabbit S, 07 GTI
      05-17-2019 09:52 AM #42274
      Quote Originally Posted by I love rustbuckets View Post
      In the past month, I’ve diagnosed and fixed my door latch issue, changed my oil, installed an Integrated Engineering intake (pain in the ass, would not recommend ), machined and installed a rear washer fluid line plug and installed my wiper delete, installed a 42 Draft Designs exhaust (nicely made, too loud for daily use, drones, has some weird harmonic resonances in a few places; will be adding another muffler in soon), took off the front plate bracket and put in some BumperPlugs (still needs two more, as the PO added two additional holes with the screws that held the plate to the bracket ), fixed the top rear license plate holes with rivnuts (PO put in self-tapping imperial-sized plastic screws, ruining the M6 holes (which don’t make sense in thin plastic, and should have had rivnuts from the factory)), drilled and tapped the bottom holes and threw on some stainless M6 bolts I had laying around, swapped the antenna out for a stubby one, washed it a couple of times, had the wheels balanced, diagnosed some suspension issues, and ordered some parts.

You look like you got your hands full with projects. I'm the same way... always doing something.

I'm considering the Techtonics dual borla muffler exhaust for my Rabbit. Glad to hear your feedback on the exhaust. I want a sporty tone, but don't want to overdo it on my daily. I have a down pipe on it and it's already a bit louder than stock. I think my stock muffler is disintegrating on the inside because the tone has gotten quite a bit louder over the last few months, but there are no holes in the system. Maybe I'll get to it this summer if finances allow...

And yes, those IE intakes are a pain. I just installed a full IE stage 2 kit on my Rabbit a few weeks back. Going to send my ECU out for tuning next week. I didn't want to go with the IE tune.

Vehicles
      08 GLI, 07 Honda Odyssey, 15 TDI sportwagen
      05-17-2019 10:45 AM #42275
      You look like you got your hands full with projects. I'm the same way... always doing something.

I'm considering the Techtonics dual borla muffler exhaust for my Rabbit. Glad to hear your feedback on the exhaust. I want a sporty tone, but don't want to overdo it on my daily. I have a down pipe on it and it's already a bit louder than stock. I think my stock muffler is disintegrating on the inside because the tone has gotten quite a bit louder over the last few months, but there are no holes in the system. Maybe I'll get to it this summer if finances allow...

And yes, those IE intakes are a pain. I just installed a full IE stage 2 kit on my Rabbit a few weeks back. Going to send my ECU out for tuning next week. I didn't want to go with the IE tune.
      I loved my TT dual borla on the 2.5 with eurojet header except for one thing it droned at 70mph give or take. It would be worth while to put a resonator in after the cat if it's really bothersome. I just put up with the four years or so I had it on.

Page 1691 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 6911191159116411681168716881689169016911692 LastLast