VWVortex.com - What did you do to your MkV today?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1688 of 1688 FirstFirst ... 688118815881638167816841685168616871688
    Results 42,176 to 42,200 of 42200

Thread: What did you do to your MkV today?

1. 04-15-2019 10:18 AM #42176
      Quote Originally Posted by GTI's View Post
      VW did not sell the pegs separately from the trim at the beginning and then they started to carry them 1K686367371N (Anthracite), now it seems they have gone NLA. I know some people cut the plastic weld from the peg from the backside and rewelded to their trim piece or just go out and get a good used trim piece.
      I'm familiar with those, I think ECS still sells a SS replacement, what I'm needing to fix is the ends on the cover itself. Maybe pivots is a better description, idk? My straps and anchors for the straps are good, knock on wood, actually found the second strap hiding in the spare tire well. The problem is nothing is holding the cover to the car so it flops around. Prices for cargo/hatch covers are outrageous so some kind of backyard fix is in order.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      04-15-2019 10:58 AM #42177
      Quote Originally Posted by XavierNusum View Post
      I'm familiar with those, I think ECS still sells a SS replacement, what I'm needing to fix is the ends on the cover itself. Maybe pivots is a better description, idk? My straps and anchors for the straps are good, knock on wood, actually found the second strap hiding in the spare tire well. The problem is nothing is holding the cover to the car so it flops around. Prices for cargo/hatch covers are outrageous so some kind of backyard fix is in order.
      I see at the pivot and hinge point. The prices are insane new ones are around $300 used about $100 based on condition. Interested to see what you come up with.

Vehicles
      09 Rabbit S, 07 GTI
      04-15-2019 11:35 AM #42178
      On my way to school a truck kicked up a rock and put a stone chip in my windshield on the Rabbit.
      07 United Gray GTI: EuroDyne Stage 2, SPEC Stage 2+ Clutch and Aluminum Lightweight Flywheel, K&N Intake, USP Downpipe, Autotech HPFP, CTS Direct Fit FMIC, Cast13 RB2s, etc.
      09 Reflex Silver Rabbit: C2 SRI Manifold, BSH Intake, USP Downpipe, Neuspeed Sport Springs, APR Swaybars, Rotiform DIAs, etc.

5. 04-15-2019 12:27 PM #42179
      Quote Originally Posted by racerpoet View Post
      On my way to school a truck kicked up a rock and put a stone chip in my windshield on the Rabbit.
      Gotdamn!!!
      Oooof!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      Fastdubs of CNY
      04-15-2019 12:44 PM #42180
      Make sure you're watching as they replace the glass...I didn't, and they scraped paint...living with rust above the windshield for 6 years now. But got a crack in the wiper path now, so I'm removing it and doing some bodywork before Safelite replaces it.
      His: 18 Tiguan Ltd DBP, 2.0T Tipronic (7.8k): 18" (RML) 1552 Snowflakes
      Hers: 07 MK5 CW 4dr,2.5L std (145k) GTI dampers/DG Springs
      Daughter's: 13 B7 UG Passat 4dr, 2.5L Tiptronic (78k)
      Son's: 11 Mk6 Jetta RS, 4dr, 2.5L Tiptronic (134k)

Vehicles
      09 Rabbit S, 07 GTI
      04-15-2019 03:24 PM #42181
      Quote Originally Posted by MK5CNY View Post
      Make sure you're watching as they replace the glass...I didn't, and they scraped paint...living with rust above the windshield for 6 years now. But got a crack in the wiper path now, so I'm removing it and doing some bodywork before Safelite replaces it.
      I got a guy from Glass American that did it last time for $175. I'll go with either that or another company my shop uses. Can't remember the name right now. I'm probably going to leave it for now. As long as it's not a crack, I'm going to leave it. It'll probably spread eventually, but it's just a spider crack for now.

Also, just order a radar mirror mount and hard wire kit. Tired of suction cups and constantly having to lean forward to mute it. This way it'll be mounted solidly and closer to me.
      07 United Gray GTI: EuroDyne Stage 2, SPEC Stage 2+ Clutch and Aluminum Lightweight Flywheel, K&N Intake, USP Downpipe, Autotech HPFP, CTS Direct Fit FMIC, Cast13 RB2s, etc.
      09 Reflex Silver Rabbit: C2 SRI Manifold, BSH Intake, USP Downpipe, Neuspeed Sport Springs, APR Swaybars, Rotiform DIAs, etc.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      2009 GTI
      04-15-2019 06:25 PM #42182
      Progressive repairs chips for free. Check with your insurance co.

Spent the weekend installing a Neuspeed FMIC.

Had to hack up the buckets behind the fog grills to make it fit.

9. 04-15-2019 07:40 PM #42183
      That sucks!!!!

10. 04-15-2019 07:40 PM #42184
      Quote Originally Posted by drval85 View Post

That looks awesome!

Vehicles
      2012 VW Golf TDI(Athena), 2013 VW Golf TDI(sisters), 2011 VW Golf TDI(dads)
      04-15-2019 08:20 PM #42185
      happened to me on my old rabbit and my new golf
      I hate rocks on the road lol

12. 04-15-2019 10:50 PM #42186
      The fatback got a new look.

Vehicles
      08 GTI
      04-15-2019 11:15 PM #42187
      put my dash back in...

14. Member
      Vehicles
      09 GTI : 88 GLI
      04-16-2019 10:04 AM #42188
      Ordered a tire last night and added coverage to it and the last one I replaced 2 months ago...
      I pulled a nail out last week, right about at the treads edge/sidewall and plugged it. Well as expected it leaked again. Plugged it again last night and immediately got on the phone. Rasping the hole out was a bad idea in retrospect. I just put a small bubble in another tire a few weeks back from a pot hole, and a blow-out on the other side in January. I have the worst tire luck. Next winter I plan on running 17" with more meat.

Vehicles
      2006 VW Jetta GLI with BPY engine
      04-16-2019 10:40 AM #42189
      Our 2006 Jetta GLI has been a great car - we have over 326,000 miles on it and haven't had to change the clutch, trans, fuel pump, alternator or much else - only wear and tear items. Currently have done a timing belt and timing chain replacement, and replaced the girdle bonding and replaced the valve cover gasket. - that passenger side engine mount is a nightmare - we had to loosen the trans bolts on opposite side of car to enable us to squeeze that sucker back in! Anyone else having this much fun? Now we're finally in the rebuild part of the repair - which I like just fine! The next time we have to do this type of work we'll probably just remove the front end! Eventually we'll have to replace the clutch - he bought one when we were at 100,000 miles, but still haven't had to replace it! If you have questions about repairs of this car, he'd be happy to help, since he's been there!

Good luck to all of you in your repair endeavors!

Vehicles
      2010 jetta s
      04-16-2019 01:55 PM #42190
      Quote Originally Posted by drval85 View Post

Looks awesome man!

Quote Originally Posted by dub_life91 View Post
      happened to me on my old rabbit and my new golf
      I hate rocks on the road lol
      I've got at least 3 windshield repairs from stone impacts. F'it

Quote Originally Posted by ilyk2ski View Post
      The fatback got a new look.

That looks real good. I don't know if that is something done before but looks kool

Quote Originally Posted by JCMaler View Post
      Ordered a tire last night and added coverage to it and the last one I replaced 2 months ago...
      I pulled a nail out last week, right about at the treads edge/sidewall and plugged it. Well as expected it leaked again. Plugged it again last night and immediately got on the phone. Rasping the hole out was a bad idea in retrospect. I just put a small bubble in another tire a few weeks back from a pot hole, and a blow-out on the other side in January. I have the worst tire luck. Next winter I plan on running 17" with more meat.
      I ran 18's for two seasons and now on 17s. 100% luv not having to cringe every time I bottomed out on those 18's

17. Member
      Vehicles
      09 GTI : 88 GLI
      04-16-2019 02:06 PM #42191
      Just bought a dark grey permanent marker at A.C.Moore to mask the first rub-through wears in my leather drivers seat lower bolster seam. Hides it well

Vehicles
      96' GLX
      04-16-2019 03:46 PM #42192
      I got a guy from Glass American that did it last time for $175. I'll go with either that or another company my shop uses. Can't remember the name right now. I'm probably going to leave it for now. As long as it's not a crack, I'm going to leave it. It'll probably spread eventually, but it's just a spider crack for now.

Also, just order a radar mirror mount and hard wire kit. Tired of suction cups and constantly having to lean forward to mute it. This way it'll be mounted solidly and closer to me.
      It's nice when you can replace your own glass when a chip happens.

$175 from Glass America is a good price, my company (Abra) basically gives windows away and we aren't that cheap.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
      Pm me for any and all glass questions and inquires, or any VAG-COM needs.

"ITS A BAD TIME BOB!"

19. Yesterday 07:52 PM #42193
      New head unit yesterday:

And new pedals today:

I installed the pedals myself and let someone else deal with the head unit. Glad I did, as the old head unit was quite a mess to pull out.

20. Yesterday 11:20 PM #42194
      Snagged a killer deal on this from eBay, and yes it’s a real one not a fake lol. Sniped it in the last second for $70 shipped new, sorry not sorry should be putting it on Saturday afternoon

Vehicles
      09 Rabbit S, 07 GTI
      Today 02:54 PM #42195
      Quote Originally Posted by Link. View Post
      And new pedals today:
      Now you just need the R36 dead pedal.

Vehicles
      09 Rabbit S, 07 GTI
      Today 02:59 PM #42196
      Quote Originally Posted by APURPLEKING View Post
      It's nice when you can replace your own glass when a chip happens.

$175 from Glass America is a good price, my company (Abra) basically gives windows away and we aren't that cheap.
      Unfortunately, the chip turned into a crack the same after noon. I went out to my car and noticed it cracked towards the bottom of the windshield and about 4 inches the other directions towards the top. The crack is probably 10 inches long rn.

On the plus side, I ordered a mirror mount for my Valentine One a few days ago. I got it mounted up now. I'm hoping I'll be able keep the base of it on the mirror even when the windshield gets replaced. It was a pain to get on, but beats flimsy suction cups by a long shot.

Vehicles
      96' GLX
      Today 03:15 PM #42197
      The only down side to aftermarket glass on the golf/GTI platform is the glass fits like ass.

I am decently happy with the aftermarket piece I put in my car, but you can see how it is short on the sides(width wise). But for $50 bucks I'm not complaining!

Pm me for any and all glass questions and inquires, or any VAG-COM needs.

"ITS A BAD TIME BOB!"

Vehicles
      09 Rabbit S, 07 GTI
      Today 03:31 PM #42198
      Quote Originally Posted by APURPLEKING View Post
      The only down side to aftermarket glass on the golf/GTI platform is the glass fits like ass.

I am decently happy with the aftermarket piece I put in my car, but you can see how it is short on the sides(width wise). But for $50 bucks I'm not complaining!

I'll have to look at the one on my Rabbit. I know one of those rubber seals has a tear, and that ticks me off every time I see it. This will be the third replacement windshield in this car, so fourth overall. When I bought it in 2014, it had a cracked windshield that wasn't original. So I know it's at least on it's third right now. lol

25. Member
      Vehicles
      2009 GTI
      Today 03:41 PM #42199
      All in all, a pretty ****ty Thursday afternoon so far.

Vehicles
      09 Rabbit S, 07 GTI
      Today 04:14 PM #42200
      Just scheduled to take my GTI in to STM for a couple pulls on a dyno next week on Friday. Trying to get an idea of where I'm at and how much an F23T will add.

Page 1688 of 1688 FirstFirst ... 688118815881638167816841685168616871688